SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
2921 - 2940 of 2942 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hellcat Redeye
6 Posts
Hey there. My name is Dom and i’m based in Germany right and I work here for the US Military here. I bought myself a Hellcat Redeye this year and happy to be part of the hellcat family now. Hope to get some support from you guys here since a lot things are not available here in Germany for my boot. You can find me on TikTok and Instagram under my name redredeyecat.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Hello from Massachusetts, just traded in my 2018 Durango SRT for a 2021 Durango SRT Hellcat. long time MOPAR fan and collector.
20210607_133121.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any new member own a Viper? Post them too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Everyone, I just bought a New 2020 HellRaisin Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody which is my 4th New Challenger purchased from My Dealer University Dodge in Davie Florida. My prior Challengers include a 2016 Pitch Black Loaded Hellcat Automatic, a 2011 Sparkle Black Dodge Challenger SRT-8, and a 2011 Pitch Black Dodge Challenger RT with a six speed Tremec Manual Transmission. I track my Challengers including Drag Racing, Road Course and Autocross. I just took my 2020 RedEye for "Give Back at the Track" (Hot Paced laps) at Miami Homestead Speedway for NASCAR Foundation Charities and it was AWESOME. I Love MY New 2020 HellRaisin Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Welcome to Hellcat.org!

Congrats on your New 2020 HellRaisin Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB and Enjoy All the Fassst Fun!:cool:

Linda :)

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
395 Posts
New HC owner in Arizona. Previously had a '13 R/T Classic, now have a '16 Challenger HC, 6,100 miles.
I made almost the same transition back in March! 2013 R/T Classic for a 2015 cat with 7100 miles. Friends who knew my old R/T (pitch black with red a-line stripes and replica HC brass monkey wheels) and have seen my new (to me) HC (pitch black with brass monkey wheels) ask me why I removed the stripes LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hellcat.org is a friendly community dedicated to the Dodge Challenger & Charger Hellcat.

Our goal is to be the #1 Hellcat community on the web for owners and enthusiasts!

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current and future vehicles.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)
Ive been a long time stalker that finally joined the club. Now I have to learn the ropes regarding number of posts before I can grab some of the sweet deals on CAI that are listed

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in south east part of CONUS that allow for 365 days of driving a year due to flat roads without snow. Just purchased a new to me 15 challenger hellcat from Hendrix motor sports in Atlanta. Even though the house always wins, they made it feel like I was winning which made it a lot easier to purchase the car. Overall great experience with the sales team there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello, looks like the chat has sort of died down, perhaps I'm not searching right. My post is a little long but you might find it interesting or amusing. Really wanting to learn how to drive this monster.

I was never really a car guy, I liked all the cars on the posters we had as kids and teens but they were never really something I considered except in daydreams (and my posters weren't of cars). I did always like the muscle cars of the 70's and hated how the brands were compromised in the 80's (although Corvette was notable in improvements during that time). My favorites were the 3rd gen B-Bodies although the 69' is something of a strange fascination where a failure of an attempt at style bowed to the functionality of the spoiler (still think lower profile spoiler would have been better for production, should have been option to 'track mod' the tail). The nose was hackneyed onto the front in such a way that it killed the iconic (or soon to be) front grill, I get the design does serve a purpose and it's not really a cosmetic add to match the current styling but, it needed a cleaner look, besides that it was a marvelous machine for the era (way before mine). I had a fondness for the Mustangs and the new Rosch's are pretty sweet. The Camaro SS and ZL1's are pretty slick also. The new European/Asian performance sedans are very nice cars and the high end sport cars are a completely different category of sport car.

'Car get me from here to there, I like nice car, who want ugly bad car? I OK with 2014 Malibu because I don't care that much and I not have so much money'. That was where I was 5 years ago.

Then...The Vid... everything most of us do stops for a year, I just moved where I live now a couple of years ago for work, single, no gf and no real prospects for one so my expenses have been keeping myself entertained (PS4 & 5 games is actually pretty cheap when you look at usage during a lockdown!). All of a sudden 14 months later, that rainy day fund I started when I traded the 2001 civic for the 2014 Malibu (used) was getting bonus bread from not doing all those things that I spent money on. I have pretty good equity in the trade in and a pretty fat stack of cash (by my standards).
One month ago I need an oil change, dealer does it for free so I don't have to bother at apartment complex. I start thinking, as I had just paid the Malibu off a couple of months ago that now could be a good time to trade it for new. Finally decided to get something similar but nicer and better pick up instead of whatever served my needs and had enough features, and I really liked. I went through pretty much every manufacturer looking at a 4 door sedan with leg room in the back that had a performance engine and was elegant-ish.

Today's cars are different than the ones I knew just enough about to follow a conversation, designations mean different things now. European cars parts are expensive, working on them and Asian cars are becoming more difficult, "American" cars really aren't that much different now either I guess. So, if you are like me and don't actually know the difference between a 2020 Challenger and Charger you got to start at the beginning of each cars lines to learn it's evolutions and the years and offshoots that were a success in engineering and owner satisfaction (I.E. Gearheads happy) and the ones that were just junk (pretty much anything that has a 'II' in it). I can't even buy a Daytona because of the bad taste the Dodge Daytona of the 80's left in my mouth, why do I want that on my car?

Thing is I want a back seat that is usable in a new car; so Mustang, Camaro, Challenger all have leg room in back for people without legs and like to perform gymnastic feats getting in and out. I've driven trucks for years, had a horrible 82' Thunderbird (now that's a line that was completely compromised) an Olds that drove like a land yacht, a 2001 Civic (very good quality for price), and the 14' Malibu 2LT in excellent purchased in February 16'.

After looking at virtually every manufacturer of a Sedan with acceleration, some muscle, and elegance. Learning names like Genesis, Abarath(?), Bugatti Chiron, and a couple of others I had never heard of; the Hellcat was ridiculously overpowered, has terrible gas mileage, too loud, and just not as nice with the interior details (Edmund's reviews are pretty spot on), and I have to pay an additional $2K in tax just to buy it. Of all the cars I looked at the Charger always brought a smile to my face when I thought about it, but was never really an option I was looking at at first. Driving a used Porsche Cheyenne and an New Audi S4, Jaguar (always had an affinity for them because of the XJS style) among others in the relevant price range were "nice" even " this is pretty cool", no love though.

That smile that came to my face when I thought about that crazy HellCat that made me look at the Superbee and became a real fan of the SPWB. I really don't need all that power for my primary car and I can always add a supercharger later if so inclined. The Hellcat build was just a little out of reach, can't find my build in a 2015 or later used available (tan(?) seats and Granite Pearl ext. plus other options and not BLA OP or Stripes, etc.). Go to about 15 or 16 dealers, two of them Dodge, can't find one. Very similar found around country but cost too much or too many miles for price. Decide to build Scat Pack Wide Body and perhaps mod later or trade in and get new HC Build in 24' (PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY BIGBLOCK FOR SOME STUPID ELECTRIC ENGINE, I WANT THE ANTI-TESLA). I see an offer from Dodge for 0% APR* (the * means you are special) so I start building the SPWB build for 21' and it's more than affordable with trade and DP. So for fun I do a Hellcat build and it's a lot but I can do it without much pain with current financing.

At this point you are shaking your head or laughing, learned a lot from dealers and others. If you've looked lately you know the problem. Last Saturday morning tried to work deals with two dodge dealerships to get a SPWB or HC new or Used (2015 w/ low miles or later), no luck. It was the weirdest car buying experience I've ever had. Seriously;

'Gee I really want to buy a car from you, yeah how can I bend over backward for you to get me in any 2015 SRT or Scat Pack Wide Body or better so I can turn for 21' or 22' Charger build at a loss to me so I can get deal now? Please sell me two cars at an unreasonable price even if you have to buy a car from another dealer. What blood sacrifice do I have to make to get a 20' much less a 2021. When the hell are they going to start making 22's?
Sales Guy: here's an R/T, IDK whenever
Oh wait we have a Hellcat
?????
It's over here.
Nice white Challenger Hellcat.

Sales Guy: Good thing we had what you are looking for.
Not Really.

Rinse and repeat.

The last dealer had virtually nothing listed w/o V-6 (I just shivered a little). They tell me they have a Charger HC, can't tell me anything else when I drop buy. We go look and it's a very nice SRT Challenger. About to leave and some guy says 'didn't someone bring in a Hellcat yesterday'? These guys can't tell me what the HP of a HC is much less the difference between a Charger and Challenger (4 door distinction is kind of new I guess even if the front and back aren't dead giveaways). I walk around the corner and there's a 2015 Charger Hellcat in my color, with my rims, with my interior, with the red calipers, HK upgraded system. It does have the sunroof (I didn't care about that) and the Navigation package which I didn't care or really want. Otherwise it was my build. It only has 22K miles and was well cared for (who doesn't baby their HC?). Literally bought the car before the dealer had started to process it. Service plan for $5K on a 2015 with 22k miles, gee okay. No accidents, minor wear & tear but interior and engine are in great shape. Bought car at fair price (was willing to pay a little premium for the dealer service and how could I pass it up?). He goes to get first offer, low balled on my trade so badly I told the sales guy 'if I didn't want that car I would have walked out'. He agrees and then claims he found it insulting too (and yet you still presented it to me).

Quick Sidebar: Had Carfax for Malibu (with new tires), low ball offer from dealer who sold me Malibu (was my starting point) it was literally more than 2X the Malibu guys offered. I also had a fake offer from Carmax (all new tires, windshield repaired/replaced, needed good detailing were figured) plus BB and several other resources. I knew exactly what was available for what prices, and I could sell for at least $2K more on my own as is and $4K more with before mentioned improvements. I also knew what could be considered reasonable from both perspectives (got no problem them making a buck, there's a good reason for that).

They come back and I tell them what I would like after their next offer, now sticker looks good but, added options don't add up to final price especially considering extras fees. I state I want the full coverage maintenance package and I will be happy to buy the 24' and trade this one in when the time came, I'm silly that way. They approved and signed papers within 2 hours. No access to bank because I don't have a cc for the savings acct (convenient when I don't want to make a hasty decision I'll regret later like the previously damaged 2020 Audi S4 I passed on when I cooled off). I could have bought from private seller 2 days before but apparently they couldn't wait and day after traded their baby for New loaded Grand Cherokee. I found it listed online "by private seller" through various sites. Someone would have paid cash for what they were asking as is if they would have waited.

The dealer's problem is I have a full service plan with a dodge certified pre-owned before they have had a chance to do the full inspection. Technically they can't sell me the car until the bring it up to standards for resale and up to the service plan. Three days later they have replaced all 4 tires and detailed it out (took like 5 minutes based on condition previous owner left it in).

Now quick walk around, look at the rock chip (small sun burst) and deep scuffs and paint chips. I have apt for new windshield, paint professionally touched up (chips and couple of scuffs) all provided, and it's nearly new w/ exception of leather seats not tight due to use. It's a low key monster that looks good even next to higher end luxury Performance Sedans under $100K. Gearheads gape, most people don't look at it like a Lambo or Stingray so it doesn't draw attention from afar. When you get up close and actually look at it it's (well you know). Guys were gathered around my car at my place and I could hear people talking for about an hour outside. Guess where some MOPAR guys live. They have some pretty sweet older models lovingly restored. I am still planning to do a build on a 24' Redeye or what ever the equivalent will be and sell my 2015 for most of the DP. Already ordered 4 spare tires for the track but this is a street driving car, not really for racing, I'll keep mileage under 45K and it's basically vintage.

Strangest luck, car still being queried on sites that haven't taken it down yet. I absolutely made the wrong choice for all the right reasons, or is that vice versa?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I've crossed another item off the ol' bucket list. Bought a 2016 Challenger Hellcat (black/black/auto) with 50k on the clock. She has had a very hard life but still runs strong and the price was right. Working on finding all the missing pieces and putting her back together correctly. Located in southwest Ohio. Still trying to control my right foot before I have a face-to-face with a LEO. 😎

2921 - 2940 of 2942 Posts