SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
3021 - 3036 of 3036 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,
Just picked up my 2022 challenger srt hellcat. I’m hoping to learn a lot about the hellcat, install some after markets and maybe take it to the 1/8 mile track near my home regularly. Dad was always a car guy and finally sold h2 and decided to step into my hellcat and loving it. I’ve wanted to get into that car culture I was raised in and decided to take the plunge. Seems like 40 something was a now or never time and I want to take my son on this journey like my father did. Only difference is I lack the knowledge my dad did. Time to start learning. Looking forward to being apart of this community.

·
Registered
55 Posts
New to the group, thanks for letting me in. I have a 2016 challenger Hellcat I bought used from a 75 year old.guy I know from my gum club. He was very gentle with the car and I got really lucky. I've had it a few years. Got it with exactly 3800 miles and have just over 8200 on it now. Love the car, would love to upgrade to a redeye but man that's a lot of dough.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Blue

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello-

I’m new to the hellcat world, last Mopar Mucsle car I owned was a 2008 SRT8 300, I just bought a 2021 (bought new from dealer holdover) white knuckle hellcat, only options it doesn’t have is the HK sound and the carbon/suede package. Just picked the car up 2 weeks ago and just crossed the 500 miles

Love the car- i had the hood wrapped satin black and added matte black wheels 20x9.5 front and 20x11 rears with 275 and 305 Michelin PS4’s added, i think it needs read Lil devil flares now

Going to look at a Corsa exhaust, so i can keep the active valve- I’ll allow a few k in miles before other upgrades

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Winning, how does t the SRT8 stack up to the HC? Curious to get a comparison from someone who's owned both. Is it like going from a GT to an R/T?

That’s a good question, that was the 6.1 400hp car. It was fast for its time. I sold that car for a Pontiac G8 GXP, and that was way faster…

The 300 was a luxury muscle car- you could lay down the power anywhere easy, the HC is fun but you have to be judicious with the peddle.

I have a 68 GTO too, and its a legit 550hp and 600ftlbs 461 cu inch car, it feels about as fast as the HC, but you really have to drive it to get there..

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

I don’t have a Hellcat yet.

I’m interested in something that I can drive to drag strips, put down impressive times, and drive home.

I’m debating between a Redeye, a ZL1, or both. If I get both the ZL1 will be a 6 speed manual transmission used for some spirited daily driving. I already have a very pleasing 2020 two door Rubicon that I daily drive and do some crawling.

But for the drag strip I want an automatic transmission.

Is the 10 speed automatic transmission in the ZL1 good for the drag strip? Or should I just get the 6 speed in the ZL1 and use it for some spirited daily driving while getting a Redeye for the drag strip?

What would you guys do?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hello Hellcat fans,

New to the Forum from Long Island.
Looking to get a 2013 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody

Excited to read what everyone is doing to their cars and how they are spec'ing them out.

Need a sports car that I can get in and out of after major back surgery and multiple back issues.

Currently Just my 2020 Ford Raptor and my wives BMW M240 Cabriolet.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated,
Love the widebodies want the Hellcat Engine. Not sure if the redeye is needed or if the "jailbreak" is worth trying (if I could get a spot)

Love to see Plum Crazy coming back!!

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all, I’ve been in the mopar gang for a while since my 2005 Chrysler 300. Over the years I have moved up from the v6 300, to a 5.7 300s and Durango, to the widebody scatpack and now to a 2019 Charger Hellcat (also add in several Jeeps). It’s been a fun ride and I love how the brand has shaped out. I’ve been learning from this forum for a while and I’m finally starting to do some things. Most recently, I’ve picked up a drag pack to test out. The car is still stock pulley/tune, but I’m wanting to gain more experience at the track and get the car more effective with the power it has now.

Thanks for having me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello from South Florida! Started with a V6 Charger, went up to a Scat Pack Charger, then to a Widebody Scat Pack Challenger, then into a Trackhawk. Sold the Trackhawk and ordered a standard Widebody Hellcat Charger. Order placed / confirmed on 6/27/2022. Unfortunately, no movement yet… But I’m staying patient and optimistic! Happy to be here.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Tire Car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Hellcat owners. My name is Gus, I live in Hawaii. My stable consists of a Twin Turbo 97 Viper GTS, 2005 SLK 55 AMG(wife's car), 2004 E55 AMG, 2006 Toyota Prius (Lol). I have a 2023 Jail Break on order, which if purchased, will replace the E55. JB just seems like a suitable replacement. If I don't get raped on the markup of course.

Gus//

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everybody from los Angeles, CA. I'm a long time mopar luster since the hellcat models came out. I finally bought a 2021 charger hellcat redeye. I'm currently leaving the car stock for now but maybe down the line a catback exhaust and intake might be in order. The only thing I had installed was the IGLA security system. I worried every day and night about the car being stolen. So I had to bite the bullet and get it installed. At least now, I can sleep easy at night lol. Hopefully theres a socal meet one of these days so we call can meet one another, that would be awesome. Here are some pictures of my baby. Cheers!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Sky Plant Tire Car Wheel

3021 - 3036 of 3036 Posts