SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
323 Posts
2023 looks like it..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
So Slidd are they saying 2022 will be the last year or they will make a 2023 Hellcat and then thats it?? If your a collector the last year will be worth the most !!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,542 Posts
So Slidd are they saying 2022 will be the last year or they will make a 2023 Hellcat and then thats it?? If your a collector the last year will be worth the most !!!
Tim seemed to indicate there would be a 2023 Hellcat and that would be the last Hellcat.

They might still have the Challenger as we know it along with a new electric car but the top engine would probably be another V8 with the e-torque ZF automatic.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What I pick up from the MT article is that the big bosses are telling the divisions to step up or die. So the only answer is “yes, we will step up!”. Now the marketing people are going wild with promises that meet the “step up” plan to keep corporate happy.

I really would like to know what the lowly engineers are thinking…

a) Yea! Now we can give the world all the things we have been holding back!

b) Oh crap, we have a lot of work to do.

c) How the f’ are we going to do that?!?!
d) All of the above

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
On the "electric muscle car" concept...I'm actually glad to hear it. These are big shoes to fill, but if someone is going to fill them I'd rather it didn't get filled with some weird Mach-E wannabe diluting the nameplate.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
Unless the childless species-questionable golems who seem to seize power in big corporations just want to destroy anything and everything masculine and American, just like they did when they assaulted the original muscle cars. Remember, it was the insurance industry, not the gas prices, that killed the muscle car.
ahm, look around you; that is exactly what is happening and we are 66% there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
2023 looks like it..

Even though we all knew this was going to happen, it’s still terrible to actually see it in print. I’m glad I was able to get my Charger and hope everyone can get what they want before it’s over!

I have zero interest in EVs as a “fun” car, no matter how quick it they are, even if they are branded “eMuscle”. I’ll be driving my Redeye as long as there are parts and gas for it. I sure hope Dodge finds a whole new fan base so that we get maintenance support for those of us keeping the cats/V8s.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
EV's remind me of a having a wife who never moves or makes any response in bed; afterwards, she says, "That was adequate."

When you go to view a sunset, she says nothing. When prodded, she says. "It is an attractive interplay of light and cloud."

When she seems down or depressed, you have to call a team of experts to deal with her, who quickly push you out of the room so they can run a diagnostic scan.

Remember, if anyone in power is pushing anything it is to do one thing, and one thing only.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
178 Posts
I have bought 3 Challengers because of the ICE and supercharger. I have zero interest in buying an electric "muscle car". The folks at Dodge can count me out once they move to soulless electric motors, no matter what they stuff them into and no matter the platform or shell.

21 - 40 of 135 Posts