SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Redeye
181 Posts
Well
im pretty solid on this one.
ive spent a small fortune on my build.If I jump ship and sell this beast what do I do next?
our cars should gain in value. God I love this car. Time t buy strategic parts and keep it it untI’ll the put me in the ground. God I love this car and don’t think I will sell out to buy somebody elses ride. Wow. In just sick over this. But we as a dedicated family will have the Last of the Wild ones.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
112 Posts
EV's remind me of a having a wife who never moves or makes any response in bed; afterwards, she says, "That was adequate."
Yep, soulless appliance. That's the eventual goal though, consolidate complete control and ownership of private vehicles under the state, fed, or private companies. Right to repair will go out the window since you can never "own" the software, and you will simply lease or rent vehicles. If you can afford to do so.

They seem to think somehow EVs will sidestep resource contention when they have already been screaming "The sky is falling!" on rare earth metals, lithium shortages, and private companies controlling the lion's share of certain minerals, just like the oil industry. It's a complete scam, a con game to create a new modern day resource empire in much the same image as the oil industry. Of course that's largely because it's the same players, playing both sides for maximum profit.

All of it has absolutely zero to do with "saving the planet". If it did, they would have started making changes at the manufacturing level long ago.

Reactions: KrzyFast

·
Registered
Charger 392
41 Posts
Guess all my parts should not be sold! Any idea if there will be stuff around to buy other than aftermarket?
Parts availability was my first thought when the news was announced last year and confirmed this year. Just look at how long it takes Dodge to issue a TSB (If they ever do) and when the parts actually are available for install. From my experience, Dodge has been slow at keeping OEM needed parts in the inventory.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,703 Posts
So true
Well I’m not owning an ev
period
Don't worry there are a myriad of issues surrounding the tree hugging and or liberal agenda about us going to EVs. Many many many most probably haven't even thought of.

I'll throw one random out there....
When you go on a trip, maybe even to the store, you pass a lot of these?.......gas stations. Forget about the fuel, just think of thousands and thousands of gas station owned by someone as their livelihood and then the folks who work at every one that needs a job. Gone or severely diminished, what happens to those 100s of thousands of peoples lives? Just "go get a new business/job?"

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,542 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't worry there are a myriad of issues surrounding the tree hugging and or liberal agenda about us going to EVs. Many many many most probably haven't even thought of.

I'll throw one random out there....
When you go on a trip, maybe even to the store, you pass a lot of these?.......gas stations. Forget about the fuel, just think of thousands and thousands of gas station owned by someone as their livelihood and then the folks who work at every one that needs a job. Gone or severely diminished, what happens to those 100s of thousands of peoples lives? Just "go get a new business/job?"
If or when we get to the point where EVs make up the majority of cars on the road, and charging abilities are extremely better than what's available now (and we have a long way to go on both accounts), I think most will turn into charging stations of some sort. But this is a huge infrastructure adjustment, just like the widescale adoption of EVs, and will be a slow process. There won't be 10s of thousands of gas stations closing and leaving people out of jobs overnight. Businesses have to be prepared to adapt and overcome. The ones who are, will succeed in some other form or fashion. The ones who don't will fall to the wayside. This is true for any industry. Just remember, the only two things guaranteed in life are death and taxes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If or when we get to the point where EVs make up the majority of cars on the road, and charging abilities are extremely better than what's available now (and we have a long way to go on both accounts), I think most will turn into charging stations of some sort. But this is a huge infrastructure adjustment, just like the widescale adoption of EVs, and will be a slow process. There won't be 10s of thousands of gas stations closing and leaving people out of jobs overnight. Businesses have to be prepared to adapt and overcome. The ones who are, will succeed in some other form or fashion. The ones who don't will fall to the wayside. This is true for any industry. Just remember, the only two things guaranteed in life are death and taxes.

Correct. This is not going to happen overnight. Look at the 1968-1970 Dodge Charger values. This car is over 50 years old and a decent ones are selling for around 80k. On paper NO ONE should want a 1968 Dodge Charger 440 Six Pack as todays cars run circles around the old ones. Yet people still do.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,703 Posts
I understand this, but the overwhelming majority of charging will be at home, can't fill your car at home. There goes a huge daily influx of people to gas stations who buy other items such as food and drinks.

Charging will be just for those on longer trips, and that's where buying items will come into place. However, there won't need to be 400 of them in a small radius like now in many area. There will still be an extremely huge hit to all of the gas stations we have and the needed workers.

This all leads to another huge point. Zero ability for our power grid in this country to handle all of the EVs even if half of all gas stations then offered electric charging

·
Registered
Charger 392
41 Posts
Well Sleepy Joe has plans for hundreds of thousands of charging stations with his crazy bill. And I still believe taking long drives or trips will be a PITA! Even 5 years from now. Stay at a hotel that has two, three or maybe five charging stations. How many EV's will be looking to get a full charge before sunrise?

I guess as a society we have just forgot about the long Sunday cruises or nice long drives that go with the family vacation.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,703 Posts
Well Sleepy Joe has plans for hundreds of thousands of charging stations with his crazy bill. And I still believe taking long drives or trips will be a PITA! Even 5 years from now. Stay at a hotel that has two, three or maybe five charging stations. How many EV's will be looking to get a full charge before sunrise?

I guess as a society we have just forgot about the long Sunday cruises or nice long drives that go with the family vacation.
Him and the other geniuses like AOC have forgotten about hundreds of thousands of other people too, I'll use an example close to me but any big city has it; anyone been to North Philly and familiar with the streets and streets of row homes? I'm talking endless blocks of similar homes.Everyone parks on the street on both sides bumper to bumper, you have to be a master parallel Parker.

How are all of these people charging their EVs at home/overnight??? Are we going to line every single street just in North Philly alone with Chargers? Are we going to have cables running from every single house out to the curb??

Reactions: tacamo01

·
Registered
Charger 392
41 Posts
LMAO, I met my wife in Philly while stationed on the JFK (Carrier in the yards). She lived on Fisher up in Olney! It would be a nightmare trying to charge vehicles. My guess is all the big cities like that will be effected, but the planet is saved! So much for helping the Poor and equality in the U.S.A. If anything, going to EV's is going to hurt them the most!

Reactions: S8ER01Z

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,039 Posts
I don't understand the problem? You either have one already or are going to rush out and buy one in the next year. And they will continue to be available second hand.

Life is all about choices. Make one. I did.

And landed a 717hp six speed stripper widebody unicorn.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,703 Posts
Of course not, Joe and Commie will give them curbside chargers for free! (Well, not exactly free, WE will pay for them!)
At KHs awful rate, she'll be relegated to installing them 🤣🤣🤣
So awful, and after the initial debates Sleepy Joe hated her for her remarks and still does to this day. Forced choice to win the vote.

Reactions: Michigander

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
242 Posts
Challenger yes but you wont be able to order a Hellcat past 22. got if from a reliable source

41 - 60 of 135 Posts