SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Well this sucks

3210 Views 36 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  vrwebster
Noticed a slow leak in front passenger tire. Took it off. Look all over for a nail. But instead find this. Inside lip where the bead sits is cracked. Guess I get to shop new rims now Any suggestions? 20”x 9.5”
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,797 Posts
I’m seeing some good stuff about voxx. And far as a replica goes. Any opinions are welcome.
I had them and they aren't bad at all.
You can reuse the stock center caps, but you WILL need small diameter lug nuts (tuner/spline drive style) -- the OEM lugs are too wide/big.

A whole set can be had for under $1000 SHIPPED:

Keep the other (3) OEM wheels, or sell them off and make your money back to pay for them. Just some options.

OR maybe just buy wider ones for the rear & keep the OEM ones on the front, and still have one extra OEM for a spare:

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I had them and they aren't bad at all.
You can reuse the stock center caps, but you WILL need small diameter lug nuts (tuner/spline drive style) -- the OEM lugs are too wide/big.

A whole set can be had for under $1000 SHIPPED:

Keep the other (3) OEM wheels, or sell them off and make your money back to pay for them. Just some options.

OR maybe just buy wider ones for the rear & keep the OEM ones on the front, and still have one extra OEM for a spare:
10.5s will fit then in the rear?

· Registered
18 Posts
AAA might be cheaper. ;)
AAA might be cheaper. ;)
Did that. Had a 2010 SRT Challenger. In 2011, I got caught in surprise snowstorm. Despite driving carefully, I slid and punctured the sidewall. I had the car towed by AAA to a tire shop. My 2010 had Goodyear Eagles. To get any comparable, speed rated tire, would be 3-4 days. Imagine you're in the desert, and you're stuck there for 3-4 days until your flat gets fixed. THAT is why, I opted to get a real spare back in 2011. That is why, I have purchased another aftermarket wheel and tire for my 2021. I think the whole cost saving - no spare tire thing - is BS. In my 2010 trunk, Dodge made room for a "space saver" spare tire. However, it couldn't house a SRT spare tire (different rim) so they gave SRT owner's a can of glue and an air pump, which is fine if you have a nail or screw in the tire. That obviously doesn't work for a busted sidewall. Just my opinion......

21 - 37 of 37 Posts