SRT Hellcat Forum banner

What’s your story?

14K views 112 replies 53 participants last post by  DodgeMan 
#1 ·
What do/did you do for a living to afford your Hellcat?

#14 ·
Been homeless myself and did a lot of time too in my past life. I was a hopeless drunk and drug addict before the Lord turned my life around. Today I have a beautiful family, and own a strong business mentoring others due to the grace of God. We house and help counsel 70 men who are dealing with addiction issues of their own today...As robbie 2883 stated, the American dream is still alive and well!

#15 ·
Started as an apprentice Electrcian out of high school, Got my ticket four years later. Start a business with 3 of my friends at 24. We sold our company when I was 28, and have had a good secure job with the company we sold to ever since. Selling a company didn’t make me rich but it allowed me to set myself up for retirement and buying a 2018 wib hellcat. I am now 32, married and expecting my first child soon. The younger guys at work ask how I did it? I just say “work your ass off, take pride in what you do and be nice to the people around you”. I am know 32, and the North American dream is real.

#21 ·
owned a dyno shop for 30+ years. Steady work, and made sound investments with spare change...

#26 ·
Started off sweeping floors and scrubbing toilets, after the last 15 years in the Army I still find myself sweeping floors and scrubbing toilets as an O-4. Start my course to get qualified to O-5 on Monday; 2 years and 900 hours of training later we'll see how it turns out. ;)

#31 ·
Two college degrees...then into the car business. Owned a Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep/Eagle/Dodge Truck (now Ram) dealership for 33 years. Sold store in 1996 and now buy and sell Mopar Muscle for fun while my buddines here in FL play golf. Loving life! In fact, I currently have our 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody for sale on eBay...White Knuckle with Demonic Red Leather interior with 1042 miles. Love the car. Sold my 20018 Demon to get this car.

#32 ·
Drafted into the Army, got out and went to LSU (Party college) then joined the Navy, 30 years as an NFO. Spent more money than a new Hellcat on this Daytona. Waiting for the order banks to open on the new 2021 Charger Redeye. Dealer said October time frame.

#33 ·
Both my wife and I came from 3 generations of Ford employees both growing up in Dearborn Michigan (the Home of Henry Ford). With Ford worked in the US, Cologne Germany and Dunton England, Mexico City and Cuernavaca Mexico. Lee Iacocca left Ford and went to Chrysler during 1978. Was made several offers to join Chrysler over 4 year period finally accepting a senior position at Chrysler during 1982. Forced to retire during 2004 for not clicking my heels together when Chrysler became DaimlerChrysler with the Merger of Equals. Mercedes bought Chrysler..... Consulted for major automotive suppliers and was an Expert Witness for several litigation cases with 1 going to the Supreme Court. Owned numerous performance vehicles with the 2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye the most outrageous.

#36 ·
Those are great stories and make me very proud of all of you. I scraped through high school with a GPA 1.6 while working on cars after school and weekends. I lost my job in the oil field a year later when Penn square bank fell. My grandfather tracked me down and made me an offer I could not refuse. He let me work on the farm (O.U. Primate Institute) and live in the barn and agreed to pay my books and tuition if no grade under a B. 3 years later I got into medical school. It was hard and I really hated it. But I am 58 and have had a good career. The Dodge Demon makes up for all the cool cars I could never afford. My grandfather was the infamous William Lemmon who had a minor role in the movie Project Nim for anyone interested. He may not have saved the chimp but he sure saved me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.