SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,598 Posts
0.....zilch.....nada

Reactions: JeffL and Dennis H

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’m probably going to get the Mopar max care or whatever it is.... just because I usually always get the warranty either with the dealer I buy it from (I’ll ask them when car is built) or whoever will give it to me at 100 over true cost.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
838 Posts
Depending on how long you want to keep the car, the Power Train is 5/60 and the rest of the car is 3/36, both excluding maintenance/wear items. There are many items in the 3/36 that are very, very expensive, so you should have some type of extended warranty. Talk to your dealer's finance person to see what your options are.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
I know a lot of folks are buying from Dan Cummins (working with Jake Stephens in sales). I believe they include a lifetime powertrain on their vehicles. The caveat being it requires the car be inspected by them yearly which is of course unrealistic for anyone outside their area. The dealership I ordered through also includes lifetime powertrain and states "covers all the same items just as the factory warranty". It also specifically mentions the supercharger and various components unique to the hellcats. As anything in life, I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
got my 2020 in dec. of last year look at it like this , look at the bread you put out for it, now ask yourself is it worth taking the chance by not getting the extended warranty because not say it's going to happen but you could get one that has some problems, I ordered mine and so far so good but you never know , spend the extra bread and get it trust me you will sleep better knowing she is covered.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,143 Posts
I wouldn't buy any warranty now, you've got time and most won't own the car more than 3 or 4 years anyway.

As anything in life, I'll believe it when I see it.
Agree, they'll milk a bunch of required maintenance out of you along the way and then when they're looking at a $25,000 Hellcat engine they'll make up some excuse about you doing something to void the warranty. Maybe on an SXT they will cover some repairs but no way they're going to fork up a Hellcat engine without a fight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know a lot of folks are buying from Dan Cummins (working with Jake Stephens in sales). I believe they include a lifetime powertrain on their vehicles. The caveat being it requires the car be inspected by them yearly which is of course unrealistic for anyone outside their area. The dealership I ordered through also includes lifetime powertrain and states "covers all the same items just as the factory warranty". It also specifically mentions the supercharger and various components unique to the hellcats. As anything in life, I'll believe it when I see it.
I ordered from dc I’ll have to ask about this

·
Registered
2021 Reactor Blue Durango Hellcat
95 Posts
I recommend the Mopar MaxCare Warranty. It's covered a bunch of issues I've had on my Challenger SRT after the standard warranty expired and I picked it up for my Durango Hellcat now. Shop around, you can get it relatively cheap, I paid 1400 for 0 copay for 7 years or 60000 miles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
121 Posts
I bought the Mopar MaxCare 6 yr/100k bumper to bumper for my 2019 Redeye. I haven't broke 36k miles to have to use it yet, but just repairs under warranty alone it is worth having. If you go over 75k miles on the warranty the price jumps alot. I could have added 60k coverage for like 1600 but the full 100k was $4100 and my dealership was shocked they sold it to me in the first place.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
815 Posts
Lo Jack.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I recommend the Mopar MaxCare Warranty. It's covered a bunch of issues I've had on my Challenger SRT after the standard warranty expired and I picked it up for my Durango Hellcat now. Shop around, you can get it relatively cheap, I paid 1400 for 0 copay for 7 years or 60000 miles.
On what? I’ve shopped around for my 2020 widebody charger and quotes are well above 1400, especially on no deductible

·
Registered
2021 Reactor Blue Durango Hellcat
95 Posts
On what? I’ve shopped around for my 2020 widebody charger and quotes are well above 1400, especially on no deductible
You can easily call up various dealerships and check out sites to get pricing. I’ve found dealerships can give some of the best or worst prices but I’ve called around the country to get mine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,598 Posts
Depending on how long you want to keep the car, the Power Train is 5/60 and the rest of the car is 3/36, both excluding maintenance/wear items. There are many items in the 3/36 that are very, very expensive, so you should have some type of extended warranty. Talk to your dealer's finance person to see what your options are.
got my 2020 in dec. of last year look at it like this , look at the bread you put out for it, now ask yourself is it worth taking the chance by not getting the extended warranty because not say it's going to happen but you could get one that has some problems, I ordered mine and so far so good but you never know , spend the extra bread and get it trust me you will sleep better knowing she is covered.
The extended warranty you're paying for doesn't kick in until all manufacturer warranties are exhausted, thus the cash you hand out now is worthless for 50%+ of the coverage.

The only time extended warranties are beneficial is if you 100% know for a fact you are keeping AND driving the car for near 100k miles over 6 to 7 years. Overwhelming majority, even those who initially plan to do this, don't end up keeping the vehicle this long.

And I guarantee you on any Hellcat engines, you blow an engine at 70k+ miles....even under max care your going to be answering a lot of questions to get it covered.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The extended warranty you're paying for doesn't kick in until all manufacturer warranties are exhausted, thus the cash you hand out now is worthless for 50%+ of the coverage.

The only time extended warranties are beneficial is if you 100% know for a fact you are keeping AND driving the car for near 100k miles over 6 to 7 years. Overwhelming majority, even those who initially plan to do this, don't end up keeping the vehicle this long.

And I guarantee you on any Hellcat engines, you blow an engine at 70k+ miles....even under max care your going to be answering a lot of questions to get it covered.
Warranty prices go up(Mopar max care) dependent on mileage. First 12000 this price etc.I suggest everyone do there research. I’ll be getting the warranty. Also know of a couple of cases where motors were replaced under warranty. All the warranties I have had offer proration. So if you did end up selling you might be entitled to a refund of the unused portion. Will double check on Mopar but I assume it’s the same. I’m not going to lose 30k because I didn’t spend 2. The idea is worth it to me. I understand it’s not for everyone though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts