SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If and when I get to a road course track day Ill switch to my tire and wheel combo for such.

Im ordering wider replica rear wheels to accomodate 305 tires on the charger. Im looking at the the Nitto 555RII.
Other than tread life and wet weather performance what else am I sacrifiving?
How do the tires feel at high way speed? Does the soft side wall equal instability? Can is still corner at 5/10s?
Do I need a diff brace if i go to drag radials?

Thanks guys for any input!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,820 Posts
Im running a Nitto nt05r on my Challenger in 315 35 20 on an 11 inch wide hr5 replica. Great dry weather straight line performance with minimal reduction, imho, in turning performance. As you mentioned wet weather stick is substantially reduced, but with a big hp car youve got to take it easy anyway. Now with a taller sidewall, like on a 17 inch wheel I would expect some serious sidewall deflection, but with a 20 inch wheel its not bad at all.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im running a Nitto nt05r on my Challenger in 315 35 20 on an 11 inch wide hr5 replica. Great dry weather straight line performance with minimal reduction, imho, in turning performance. As you mentioned wet weather stick is substantially reduced, but with a big hp car youve got to take it easy anyway. Now with a taller sidewall, like on a 17 inch wheel I would expect some serious sidewall deflection, but with a 20 inch wheel its not bad at all.
Thanks man, that’s exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,848 Posts
I agree with old mopar guy.
I run 305 nittos on my 20s, decent traction.
Now I am running 315/50/17 mt ss on forgestar f14 bead locks. I definitely feel alot more deflection, but the car hooks.....
20210217_185159.jpg

20210312_174102.jpg

20210217_183733.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would get a diff brace for added protection. if you have a 15 Hellcat get an aluminum DS, stock DS won’t hold up to hard launches on DRS.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would get a diff brace for added protection. if you have a 15 Hellcat get an aluminum DS, stock DS won’t hold up to hard launches on DRS.
Thanks, it’s a 18, I’m looking at the different versions now. It’s probably a good idea to get one. Especially as there is a track close to me and it’s better to have the equipment and not need it than not and need it!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
697 Posts
Road course as in the Autobahn or Road America? NOBODY uses DR's there, just Michelin 4s! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts