SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to my dealer a couple weeks ago to substantiate the rumor going around that Dodge stopped taking orders on Challenger Hellcats, which he flat out said was false info. He then told me while looking on his computer there were showing no dealer allocations for the entire state of Wisconsin for the month of Feb.

He then told me I was #3 in line for an allocation, the two ahead of me ordered on 9-14 and 10-14. I ordered on 11-14 but the guys ahead of me still haven't received their cars. He told me the day I put down my deposit expect a March or April delivery, now its May or June. I'm starting to think Oct or Nov which will put me in the 2016 model year.

This is a medium sized dealer and I don't know how good they do in monthly sales but its not looking good for me getting a 2015 Cat. But I'm not going to do something dumb like buy a dime a dozen Vette or Camaro. I'll feel sick to my stomach having to wait through another harsh Wis winter dreaming about driving a Hellcat in 2016 instead of 2015 :(

Can someone with some inside knowledge give me a ray of hope of getting my order filled before 2016?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
I recommend searching around, finding something you like, and haggling the old fashioned way, and also watch ebay, on occasion one gets listed without a sky-high reserve price, best of luck in the quest!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
Get your $$ back and ind one on the lot somewhere, My original order is now 7 months anad will probably not even get built this year

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
I would say zero but if you look around hard enough you might luck out and get one at MSRP or a bit over. Don't forget some of our members sometimes post a good hellcat available too at dealership that is due to someone's deal falling through

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
When I realized last month that my dealer(the SAME dealer you have) wasnt going to get me a car anytime soon, I started searching dealers in a 350 mile radius. That was on a Wednesday. On Thursday, I had a deposit on an order that was in D status with a VIN... On Monday I had my choice of 2 other cars that were on dealers showroom floors. All 3 cars were at MSRP. I bought the one that was 80 miles away instead of 250.

I tried offering the car I had the deposit on that was in D status here on the forum. I was even offering setting everything up with the dealer. Car was at MSRP and I wasnt asking a dime for doing any of it... You know what? Couldnt get ANYONE to take that car at MSRP...

I dont feel the least bit sorry for anybody on here, pissing and moaning about only having a VON. THEY ARE OUT THERE! People just have to make an effort and be willing to drive further than 20 mins to take delivery...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
823 Posts
I would say zero but if you look around hard enough you might luck out and get one at MSRP or a bit over. Don't forget some of our members sometimes post a good hellcat available too at dealership that is due to someone's deal falling through
I talk to a dealer in Alvin Texas that has a green challenger hellcat on the lot and he won't go below $10,000 over msrp.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
394 Posts
When I realized last month that my dealer(the SAME dealer you have) wasnt going to get me a car anytime soon, I started searching dealers in a 350 mile radius. That was on a Wednesday. On Thursday, I had a deposit on an order that was in D status with a VIN... On Monday I had my choice of 2 other cars that were on dealers showroom floors. All 3 cars were at MSRP. I bought the one that was 80 miles away instead of 250.

I tried offering the car I had the deposit on that was in D status here on the forum. I was even offering setting everything up with the dealer. Car was at MSRP and I wasnt asking a dime for doing any of it... You know what? Couldnt get ANYONE to take that car at MSRP...

I dont feel the least bit sorry for anybody on here, pissing and moaning about only having a VON. THEY ARE OUT THERE! People just have to make an effort and be willing to drive further than 20 mins to take delivery...
Do you still have the D1 slot? I didn't see it on here but could missed it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
394 Posts
I've been calling all over the country but couldn't find one on the lot at sticker. Lowest I had offered was $5k over. Almost all offered to order one at MSRP but since I already have one ordered but in the popular BX Hell status and I didn't want to start that again.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Do you still have the D1 slot? I didn't see it on here but could missed it.

Sorry, that shipped sailed back in January... I had 2 seperate posts on it, in 2 different areas... Phantom Black, A8, Laguna Sepia, Nav, Summer tires, Block heater..

I had left the order in my name for over a week before canceling in hopes somebody would take it....nobody wanted it.. They would rather bi*ch that they couldnt get a car...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.