SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat RE WB Torred
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a battery tender. What are you using or recommend I get for a red eye?
Brand and model?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
506 Posts
A search will work wonders. There are plenty of threads with this info. And how to hook them up as well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,877 Posts
BatteryMINDer and PulseTech has worked very well for me.
There are probably others with desulfation, but I have no experience with them.

Reactions: Red One

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,980 Posts
Anything from CTEK is also good, the Demon used a CTEK charger in it's Storage Package.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,952 Posts
I use the Black & Decker 6/12 volt charger... keep it on the Cat all winter and on the sleds all summer. I have 4 of them and never had a problem with them. E-Bay $23 free shipping

Reactions: Slidd and Red One

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
319 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SRT Super Stock
21 Posts
Battery Tender Junior as pictured above, compact and light weight.
The tender I used previously came in a square type metal box and after a few years it would charge constantly....sorry I don't remember the name. Battery tender junior I have 3 and all have worked great for at least 5 years I would say.
Boat batteries, snowmobile batteries and car batteries they get a work out in my garage.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
697 Posts
C-Tek here also, and has worked fabulously for years. I like the part where it can restore some batteries also.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
468 Posts
Harbor Freight. Used it last winter on the HC and 2-3 years on the previous car, no problems. My friend put one on his dual battery construction machine and it melted. Guess it tried to draw too much power.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I went with the Plus over the Junior after reading this on the manufacturer's webite:

The Battery Tender® Junior is an automatic battery charger, equipped with a Smart Microcontroller that functions as its “brain” to ensure the proper level of power is sent to the battery at all times. Coupled with its ISM adaptive charging, our charger and maintainer improves the battery life of batteries commonly used in motorcycles, ATVs, personal water-crafts, lawnmowers, and more.

Nothing aout cars.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
345 Posts
Anything from CTEK is also good, the Demon used a CTEK charger in it's Storage Package.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
C-Tek here also, and has worked fabulously for years. I like the part where it can restore some batteries also.
Another vote for CTek here! We've had ours for over 15 years now and it's still going strong.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,147 Posts
I've used this one for over 8 years now. Works great. - And you can charge and maintain 2 batteries at the same time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
I’ve been using the battery tender plus on my 2016 Hellcat since day one not a problem👍👍

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
853 Posts
Just my experience ... I had a 3 bank Battery Tender a few years ago when I had multiple motorcycles. One bank shit the bed a couple years in and left me with a dead battery in the spring. I’ve had good luck with the two BT juniors I’ve had for coming up on 20 years now, but I won’t be buying another BT product after that most recent experience.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts