SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making my final decisions on a possible order. Trying to decide between white and black. All of my dodges currently and previously have been white. However a black challenger hellcat looks so tuff. Also I like how the plastic black trim pieces blend in. However black is so hard to take care of. I feel I may regret the upkeep on it ,and spend more time stressing keeping it clean them enjoying the car. This would be a weekend/ nice day car for me. What is your all thoughts for those that have black or white cats. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’ve had many black vehicles and gave up on black, but they look amazing when clean but that is a lot of upkeep. I may catch grief on this one but with all the amazing colors, now and previous I’d never go with something as plain as white. You say it’s weekend nice day car go crazy get something that “POPS”.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm close to ordering a Challenger HC, and I'm trying to decide on color as well. My 2007 Charger RT is black. I have a black pick-up. All of my prior vehicles have been black. I think I may move away from black. I'm trying to decide between Indigo Blue or Octane Red.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
338 Posts
My ZL1 was black.... and while beautiful when clean, it was a royal PITA to KEEP clean... and never again for me....

If the choice is between black or white, I would choose white all day just for it looking better when actually dirty.

However, Indigo Blue is FANTASTICLY beautiful clean or dirty :D

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
140 Posts
The 10 year old in me says GREEEN but the adult went with triple Nickle. I like the white over black. But graphite with black stripes would be killer too

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m going from a black hellcat to an indigo red eye. Before the black cat “Venom” I had a torrid red scatty “Lucy”... I got a ton of compliments on the torrid, it popped. I get a quarter of the looks and thumbs up in Venom which surprised me bc of the obvious upgrade. I’m thinking the indigo will get the same reaction. I will say that the red was a lot easier on my OCD, however no color really hides the muck. Long story short, go with the black one if that’s what looks good to you. You’re going to be cleaning it meticulously all the time anyways. Also you can’t really see the rubber splatter on the black lol.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
867 Posts
I’m going from a black hellcat to an indigo red eye. Before the black cat “Venom” I had a torrid red scatty “Lucy”... I got a ton of compliments on the torrid, it popped. I get a quarter of the looks and thumbs up in Venom which surprised me bc of the obvious upgrade. I’m thinking the indigo will get the same reaction. I will say that the red was a lot easier on my OCD, however no color really hides the muck. Long story short, go with the black one if that’s what looks good to you. You’re going to be cleaning it meticulously all the time anyways. Also you can’t really see the rubber splatter on the black lol.
Always terrified of any vibrant colors because of the material mismatch I see all the time, The red cars especially have an entire different shade on the plastic bumper vs the metal body. Green hides it but still is detectible if looked for. only sure fire colors to be rid of that issue is white, black and battleship.

OP, go white and become ONE OF US ONE OF US.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a Dodge Dart for a daily driver. It was granite metallic grey. You never had to wash it because it looked the same dirty or clean lol. But when it was clean parked in the sun the metallic would pop a little. So for a daily it was great ,but maybe not for a weekend cruiser. Sometimes the grays and silvers get blotchy IMO. Really bad on GM vehicles they look like the paint was rolled on IMO.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,532 Posts
Op is asking for opinions between black and white. Black is the obvious answer. Nothing like the sinister look, upkeep/cleaning be damned, it’s not that bad.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My last 3 vehicles have been black. It is harder to keep clean and shows any flaws. Every automaker paints their first evaluation vehicles in black because it shows best any defects in assembly/metal stamping. Also, I live in the South and sometimes the air conditioning just can't keep up with all the heat black traps - especially if you go black exterior with black interior. That being said, given the 2 choices I would choose white. But I personally look at white and see corporate fleet vehicle or autozone parts runner.

Could I interest you in Indigo? The metallic flakes really shine in the sunlight. Looks like a deep blue in the shade. And the black wheels/trim accent it well...at least to my eye. Disregard the yellow bananas on the splitter!

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
867 Posts
My last 3 vehicles have been black. It is harder to keep clean and shows any flaws. Every automaker paints their first evaluation vehicles in black because it shows best any defects in assembly/metal stamping. Also, I live in the South and sometimes the air conditioning just can't keep up with all the heat black traps - especially if you go black exterior with black interior. That being said, given the 2 choices I would choose white. But I personally look at white and see corporate fleet vehicle or autozone parts runner.

Could I interest you in Indigo? The metallic flakes really shine in the sunlight. Looks like a deep blue in the shade. And the black wheels/trim accent it well...at least to my eye. Disregard the yellow bananas on the splitter!

View attachment 570176
Get out of here with my fav color that I couldn't find.

Trade?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Indigo is sweet color. The only thing that bothers me is the black plastic trim with other colors. With black you don’t notice the trim ,but will the trim turn grayish over time exposed to UVs? My personal thing with white and the black trim is the whole stormtrooper look. In a Star Wars nerd lol!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts