SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked the question the other day what I had under the hood and it took me a minute to think.what do you call it ?
It is a 6.2 liter supercharged hemi-hellcat,
So what would you call the motor?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
6.2 liter supercharged hemi or a 376 supercharged hemi. The 376 comes from the bore 4.09 and stroke 3.58 calculation

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,051 Posts
The actual motor code name is "Hellcat". As mentioned, 370-376 cubic inches (6.166 Liters). 2.4 Liter IHI Supercharger. 11.6 psi max boost (computer limited). 6200 rpm redline (computer limited).

If you really want to get in to the engine, take a look at Hot Rod's article (which by-the-way is an excellent morning read with coffee).

We Take A Hard Look At Dodge s Paradigm-Shifting 707hp Hellcat Hemi

392 - "Apache"

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Hellcat.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,043 Posts
Motor is appropriate - a machine, especially one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device with moving parts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
If the person asking is a female who was just extolling their four cylinder Kia, then just say "an engine known as a V8". If it's a dude, say "376 Cubic Inch Supercharged Hemi Hellcat". If it's a competitor, such as any random Camaro/Mustlag driver, just say "your demise". At least that's what I heard on Oprah.

Reactions: StellasHC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,730 Posts
Motor is appropriate - a machine, especially one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device with moving parts.

Im too used to my place of employment... If I call a "motor" an "engine", or vice versa, I probably get walked out...lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts

• An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert energy into useful mechanical motion. Heat engines, including internal combustion engines and external combustion engines burn a fuel to create heat, which then creates motion…
    An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert energy into useful mechanical motion. Heat engines, including internal combustion engines and external combustion engines burn a fuel to create heat, which then creates motion. Electric motors convert electrical energy into mechanical motion, pneumatic motors use compressed air and others—such as clockwork motors in wind-up toys—use elastic energy. In biological systems, molecular motors, like myosins in muscles, use chemical energy to create motion.
  • en.wikipedia.org

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
211 Posts
Scary Beast

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,856 Posts
The official trade mark given to dodge was " Hemi Hellcat"

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
I was asked the question the other day what I had under the hood and it took me a minute to think.what do you call it ?
It is a 6.2 liter supercharged hemi-hellcat,
So what would you call the motor?
I say....You wanna see the Beast that creates devastation?? I should probably stop saying that, HUH? LOL...I will stick with...You wanna see what zHellcat stands for? :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
866 Posts
No words necessary. Just open the hood and give them a towel to catch their drool.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
6.2 liter supercharged hemi or a 376 supercharged hemi. The 376 comes from the bore 4.09 and stroke 3.58 calculation
The more I think about this I'm changing my answer earlier to this "376 Hellcat" for a few reasons.
  1. I grew up in the cubic inch era and all this converting from liters to C.I. is a pain as I had to go to a website calculator!
  2. Cubic inches are more accurate unless you wanna say you got a 6.17 liter and sound like an idiot.
  3. I'm not going to say supercharged because A-more breath B-if they don't know it's supercharged then F'em!
  4. I'm not going to say Hemi because if they don't know that once again F'em!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.