SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sometimes the fool up front rolls back, backs up, doesn’t move or has to back because they pulled past the limit line. Always good to leave space. Just enough to see the rear tires of the car ahead. Now you can pull around without backing if needed.
As a habit, I have usually left enough between me and the car in front where I could very easily drive around him in a pinch.
Yellow lights where he is too chicken to go through are "a pinch."

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,075 Posts
Tell me more about this manual function with the auto stick?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I drive that way pretty much exclusively. Love it.

Sent from my laptop using my Fingers.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
235 Posts
I leave it in D and I’ll tell you why. I got an SRT8 when they first came out. One day it would not come out of P. Really threw this old mechanical guy for a loop. Turns out there was a known issue with a little plastic part in the shifting mechanism that would fail and you couldn’t get your car out of park. A $2 fix but could you imagine being at a red light not being able to take your car out of park? I just don’t take that chance. Hope this helps 🤷‍♂️
Ah yes this happened to the SRT 8 Chrysler 300 I got my daughter. A stupid expensive part to fix too🙄

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger HellcatRedeye Widebody.
23 Posts
I practice torque reserve and see how much boost I make at various RPMS 🤷
Where can I see the boost gauge while using torque reserve. Dude your not too far from me we think alike ,Manuel shifts hell yeah going up a hill just barely giving gas it chirp 4th. I wish there were even more tranny tweaks

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger HellcatRedeye Widebody.
23 Posts
I have read (decades ago) that if you are stuck in traffic you should put the car into N or P. When I got the RE, sometimes when I just hit the beginning of a long red I would pop it into N.

Last time at the dealer I asked and the tech and Serv Mgr what is best to do at a long red, both said leave it in D.

I am a hard core M guy and most of my A driving experience is with my truck, I don’t even know how the frekin’ things work.

So please let me know the pros and cons of putting it into N for the 45-60 sec of a long red.

Thanks!

(Edit: Orig post was missing the "6" of 60sec.)
Yep neutral no prob,my 72 340 choppy cam,I always put it in neutral at the light,but with the Redeye you must be on the brake to drop back into Drive

81 - 88 of 88 Posts