Charger SRT 392
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Hellcats, what are your thoughts, which one would you go for

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
282 Posts
I need four doors, so the Charger gets my vote. But for drag racing, I would go for the Challenger.

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye on order.
235 Posts
I was torn between the two. But if those were my choices I'd definitely go wide!!!!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
381 Posts
I'll tell this story with 3 pictures. I don't like the widebody on the Challenger. It seems like an afterthought implementation. The Charger's widebody looks nice... but I have never driven a vehicle with 4 doors, and I don't plan to anytime soon... so no Charger for me. But, look at what I mean:

First, here's my narrow body. It has classic, clean lines:

Compare to the WB Challenger:

Then, the widebody Charger:

Now, the Challenger's fender flares look like they are literally 3M taped onto the side of a NB Challenger. It looks like they were slapped on, and then the design team went home for day and called it quits. Then, you have the stupid side marker lights that wrap into the flares (this is a critical engineering shortcut fail of BLEH proportions to me). Now, compare this to the Charger. The fender flares flow into the rocker panels and that wide stance is carried almost all the way around the car. The marker lights are angled to fit within the flares. It is a MUCH more clean design. With the Challenger, I look at it like it's just horrible. Where, if I had to own a Charger, I would have to have one with the widebody because it looks really good.

So, that's why I went NB Challenger. The performance benefit of the widebody in actual street use is negligible, unless you're doing twisty track work. And, if you're doing that in a Challenger, I hope it's for fun and not competition. Even a WB Challenger is still a dog on a race track. It's just the difference between a St. Bernard and a Great Dane. Not exactly an agility dog :)

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,310 Posts
Hands down wide body 1000%. Challenger or Charger. Both look a ton better than the standard body of either.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,353 Posts
I love the original body so much I have 2 of them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me it was Challenger over Charger even though I like 4 doors better. I only wanted a manual. In my opinion wb looks better and you can fit a wider tire. I have standard body due to my price range but I plan on putting a wb kit in

·
Registered
337 Posts
wide bodies on the challengers are tumor mobiles just looks ugly as hell only looks good if your looking at it from the front.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, it really all comes down to a matter of your personal preference. Honestly, both cars are pretty damn awesome. You can get into a Challenger Hellcat far more cheaper than a Charger, but the Charger is slightly faster and has the benefit of 4 doors.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,353 Posts
I would purchase the normal body Challenger and if wanting flares then install Lil' Devils fender flares.
I put the Lil Devils on my Redeye and people love.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,375 Posts
I came from a 2017 HC Challenger regular body to a 2021 HC Challenger Redeye Widebody. I am very happy with my choice. The widebody feels so much more planted to the road over the 2017. Now that I'm in the 100-300 mile break-in stage, the grip is way better. I have no experience with the Charger though.

·
Registered
2020 TorRed Charger SRT Hellcat
657 Posts
I came from a 16 B5 Standard Body HC Charger to a 20 TorRed Widebody HC Charger. The widebody looks so menacing in person. And I like how it handles a bit better.

Dont like the turning radius though. lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,375 Posts
I came from a 16 B5 Standard Body HC Charger to a 20 TorRed Widebody HC Charger. The widebody looks so menacing in person. And I like how it handles a bit better.

Dont like the turning radius though. lol
The turning radius is awesome! Crank the wheel and the gas and she'll turn right around. Lol!

Reactions: MASSDaytonahChagah

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
618 Posts
I'll tell this story with 3 pictures. I don't like the widebody on the Challenger. It seems like an afterthought implementation. The Charger's widebody looks nice... but I have never driven a vehicle with 4 doors, and I don't plan to anytime soon... so no Charger for me. But, look at what I mean:

First, here's my narrow body. It has classic, clean lines:
View attachment 569114

Compare to the WB Challenger:
View attachment 569111

Then, the widebody Charger:
View attachment 569110

Now, the Challenger's fender flares look like they are literally 3M taped onto the side of a NB Challenger. It looks like they were slapped on, and then the design team went home for day and called it quits. Then, you have the stupid side marker lights that wrap into the flares (this is a critical engineering shortcut fail of BLEH proportions to me). Now, compare this to the Charger. The fender flares flow into the rocker panels and that wide stance is carried almost all the way around the car. The marker lights are angled to fit within the flares. It is a MUCH more clean design. With the Challenger, I look at it like it's just horrible. Where, if I had to own a Charger, I would have to have one with the widebody because it looks really good.

So, that's why I went NB Challenger. The performance benefit of the widebody in actual street use is negligible, unless you're doing twisty track work. And, if you're doing that in a Challenger, I hope it's for fun and not competition. Even a WB Challenger is still a dog on a race track. It's just the difference between a St. Bernard and a Great Dane. Not exactly an agility dog :)
Performance benefit on street use negligible? Guess you never launched or floored a standard body hellcat from a light or less than 25 mph, it's absolutely pathetic to put 275s on a 700hp performance vehicle. Yes you can buy a wheel/tire setup but the challenger has issues with fitment on the wider wheel/tire setup. Charger is doable.

Really depends on your budget here imo, but if you can afford it then it's wb or bust.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts