SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story time guys... street victims. Anybody pull on something they thought they couldnt? Or vice versa?

The cat was stock for about 3 months and in that time I only had one Maserati that I had to put the business to, nothing else was worth it. And by that I mean not an frs or a corolla on 17s. Haha

Since the build not much at all. I had an R8 next to me a few weeks back where the owner rolled down his window and gave me one of those “dont you know this is an R8 and you just have a slow dodge“ looks. So I goosed it a little to make sure a thousand horsepower echoed throughout his expensive VW and....... he turned left, immediately. I had a new ZL1 1LE try to pull away from me on an on ramp, but I reeled him in like he was tied to something. Other than those... nothing.

When I had my Daytona 392 it was at least 5 times a day someone would be doing a fly-by on me or weaving through traffic to get next to me at a light, and I thought after I bought the hellcat it would be worse. Because of the reputation of the car I thought people would be using me as a benchmark, that notch on their belt of either beating a hellcat or “I almost had him”. But its not like that at all, I either get a thumbs up from an older guy on a Harley or a dirty look from the lady in the Tahoe who has to roll the window up to talk on the phone because my car is so damn loud.

What are everyone’s street experiences in their cats? Thought it would be cool to hear some stories since all the Hellcat YouTube videos I see are of them losing because “they are heavy boats”.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have given a couple of pretty good spankin's to a couple of ZL1s and had my lunch ate by a 911 turbo RS. Like that Porsche walked away from me.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I had a Mustang ( not sure what year) weave in and out of traffic to catch up to me on the highway. ( I could see his headlights weaving in and out as he was back a bit and I was doing 10 over the speed limit ) but as soon as he got up behind me he back right off and shrunk back into traffic. I'm guessing he saw the emblem on my trunk spoiler .
I had a guy in a charger once get up beside me on the interstate and was goosing his pedal wanting me to "hit it" I did of course but the tires broke loose at 75 mph and I slid sideways into his lane . I back out of course. We both looked at each other with dumb founded expressions on our faces. He gave me a double tap on the horn and drove off.

Thats all I got

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
740 Posts
I had a Mustang ( not sure what year) weave in and out of traffic to catch up to me on the highway. ( I could see his headlights weaving in and out as he was back a bit and I was doing 10 over the speed limit ) but as soon as he got up behind me he back right off and shrunk back into traffic. I'm guessing he saw the emblem on my trunk spoiler .
I had a guy in a charger once get up beside me on the interstate and was goosing his pedal wanting me to "hit it" I did of course but the tires broke loose at 75 mph and I slid sideways into his lane . I back out of course. We both looked at each other with dumb founded expressions on our faces. He gave me a double tap on the horn and drove off.

Thats all I got

Dumping it on stock tires is asking for trouble. I have done something very similar. Super scary. There is a great thread on here about intimidation kills.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Dumping it on stock tires is asking for trouble. I have done something very similar. Super scary. There is a great thread on here about intimidation kills.
I agree. I never done it again after that !

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intimidation kills... I like that. Just read that thread, good read man thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thats all I got

Haha I don‘t know if ive had anyone turn their tail and run, if so I haven’t noticed. My plate says E85 CAT and now the car is insanely loud so people may be backing off early. Lol

Oh man, glad it didn’t turn out bad. So easy to back out, I dont know why some people keep their foot planted and let it slide. Thats one of my worries... spinning ain’t winning. Haha I can spin my radials to 120, easy to embarrass me if I’m sitting there spinning. Haha

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have too many stories so I will list out my wins and losses LOL. My car is stock powered with about 140lbs of weight reduction including a full drag pack setup.

Wins:
2018 ZL1 A10 (stock)
2017 Mustang GT M6, gutted, FBO, e85, 3.73s, full drag pack
2018 Mustang GT A10, Cobra Jet, bolt-ons, e85, 3.55s, full drag pack
2018 Mustang GT A10, Cobra Jet, bolt-ons, e85, 3.15s, full drag pack
2018 C7Z06 A8 (stock)
2017 Inifnity Q60, FBO, e85, weight reduction
2015 BMW M5, bolt-ons, e30
2010 C6Z06 Intake and exhaust
2009 GTR, bolt-ons, pump 93
2016 Charger Hellcat, 20" drag radials, exhaust
2010 Camaro SS M6, 4.10s, Cam, FBO, weight reduction, full drag pack
2010 C6 M6, Built 408 LS3 on a nitrous tune, bottle was empty
2017 Challenger Hellcat M6, 3.70s(?), intake and catless exhaust
2018 F-150 4 door 4wd A10, 2.9 Whipple, e85, longtubes (drag strip)
2010 Mustang Boss 302 M6, FBO, 3.73s(?) pump 93

Losses:
2016 Mustang GT A6, Built motor and Procharged, gutted ~840whp (drag strip)
2009 Mustang GT A6, Max effort N/A build, max effort weight reduction, 3.73s, full drag pack. 3000lbs ~500whp
2019 ZL1 A10, Upper pulley, e85, full drag pack ~650 whp
2002 Z/28 Camaro A4, LS2, H/C/I, weight reduction, 3.42s, full drag pack, 200 shot
2017 Mustang GT M6, 2.9 Whipple, e85, full drag pack ~700whp
2006 Silverado 2 door 2wd, Built LQ4, weight reduction, rear 17s with slicks, 200 shot (dig race on street, close race)
2003 Mustang Bullit M6, Termi swapped, 2.3 Kenne Bell, drag radials ~650whp
2013 Viper GTS, Bolt-ons, 93 pump gas
2018 Trackhawk (Stock, dig race on street LOL)

I listed the approximate whp from what I can recall on the losses to give you an idea of power those cars had. If the races don't specify dig race, then it was a roll race from either 40 or 60. Of course all runs were done on a closed course in Mexico between 2am-4:30am.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Haha I don‘t know if ive had anyone turn their tail and run, if so I haven’t noticed. My plate says E85 CAT and now the car is insanely loud so people may be backing off early. Lol

Oh man, glad it didn’t turn out bad. So easy to back out, I dont know why some people keep their foot planted and let it slide. Thats one of my worries... spinning ain’t winning. Haha I can spin my radials to 120, easy to embarrass me if I’m sitting there spinning. Haha
I hear ya . I'm not afraid to back out . Better then crashing . I'm researching over the winter for a set of rear tires. I really don't want a full time drag radial on the rear as I road trip this car a lot and getting caught in rain is something I worry about with the drag radial.
My car is pretty stock looking and I still have the factory exhaust system with only SW cat deletes . I'm thinking of removing the Srt badge with the cat head and replacing them with SRT only badges lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have too many stories so I will list out my wins and losses LOL. My car is stock powered with about 140lbs of weight reduction including a full drag pack setup.

Wins:
2018 ZL1 A10 (stock)
2017 Mustang GT M6, gutted, FBO, e85, 3.73s, full drag pack
2018 Mustang GT A10, Cobra Jet, bolt-ons, e85, 3.55s, full drag pack
2018 Mustang GT A10, Cobra Jet, bolt-ons, e85, 3.15s, full drag pack
2018 C7Z06 A8 (stock)
2017 Inifnity Q60, FBO, e85, weight reduction
2015 BMW M5, bolt-ons, e30
2010 C6Z06 Intake and exhaust
2009 GTR, bolt-ons, pump 93
2016 Charger Hellcat, 20" drag radials, exhaust
2010 Camaro SS M6, 4.10s, Cam, FBO, weight reduction, full drag pack
2010 C6 M6, Built 408 LS3 on a nitrous tune, bottle was empty
2017 Challenger Hellcat M6, 3.70s(?), intake and catless exhaust
2018 F-150 4 door 4wd A10, 2.9 Whipple, e85, longtubes (drag strip)
2010 Mustang Boss 302 M6, FBO, 3.73s(?) pump 93

Losses:
2016 Mustang GT A6, Built motor and Procharged, gutted ~840whp (drag strip)
2009 Mustang GT A6, Max effort N/A build, max effort weight reduction, 3.73s, full drag pack. 3000lbs ~500whp
2019 ZL1 A10, Upper pulley, e85, full drag pack ~650 whp
2002 Z/28 Camaro A4, LS2, H/C/I, weight reduction, 3.42s, full drag pack, 200 shot
2017 Mustang GT M6, 2.9 Whipple, e85, full drag pack ~700whp
2006 Silverado 2 door 2wd, Built LQ4, weight reduction, rear 17s with slicks, 200 shot (dig race on street, close race)
2003 Mustang Bullit M6, Termi swapped, 2.3 Kenne Bell, drag radials ~650whp
2013 Viper GTS, Bolt-ons, 93 pump gas
2018 Trackhawk (Stock, dig race on street LOL)

I listed the approximate whp from what I can recall on the losses to give you an idea of power those cars had. If the races don't specify dig race, then it was a roll race from either 40 or 60. Of course all runs were done on a closed course in Mexico between 2am-4:30am.
Awesome list buddy! Good win list for sure. Whats all done to your car?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I listed it in the top of my post. Its basically weight reduction and a full drag pack. A8 and stock powered for now.
Oh shit man sorry didnt even see that. I went straight to the list. Haha That is a very impressive win list then.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya . I'm not afraid to back out . Better then crashing . I'm researching over the winter for a set of rear tires. I really don't want a full time drag radial on the rear as I road trip this car a lot and getting caught in rain is something I worry about with the drag radial.
My car is pretty stock looking and I still have the factory exhaust system with only SW cat deletes . I'm thinking of removing the Srt badge with the cat head and replacing them with SRT only badges lol

I watch these YouTube videos and I’m always yelling “get out of it! get out of it!” Haha I’m on Nitto 555r and I’m unhappy with them in regards to how bad they spin. I’m not expecting much with the power I make but I have heard better experiences with the MT ET Street Rs. I will be switching to those pretty soon in a 305/45/18. For rain driving the Nittos did way better than I had expected. I heard horror stories about drag radials in the rain but my experiences have all been good. Even up to 75 on the freeway, didnt feel unsafe or scary at any point. It was just a short test from exit to exit but around town under 50 they were great.

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts
In its short life I think only a Scat Pack lined up at a light once against the RE. He was in Baxter, MN for a weekend of racing as he already had his paint on the windows. He had a set of drag radials on it. They must have been out for dinner, I had the RE up there with its OEM tires/wheels last year for lessons before the Memorial Day Holiday. I got the RE up to sixty with him, which I thought was good. He knew what I had, I knew what he had, we were up to the speed limit, thumbs up, we backed off. Just got the pedal planted and the more powerful engine was making its move, we both saw it. He was probably up there for some bracket racing, he knew his stuff.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I watch these YouTube videos and I’m always yelling “get out of it! get out of it!” Haha I’m on Nitto 555r and I’m unhappy with them in regards to how bad they spin. I’m not expecting much with the power I make but I have heard better experiences with the MT ET Street Rs. I will be switching to those pretty soon in a 305/45/18. For rain driving the Nittos did way better than I had expected. I heard horror stories about drag radials in the rain but my experiences have all been good. Even up to 75 on the freeway, didnt feel unsafe or scary at any point. It was just a short test from exit to exit but around town under 50 they were great.
I went through 2 sets of NT05s 315/35s, they hook much better than the 555rs I'm on currently. I have some NT05Rs I plan on putting on for the strip I'll let you guys know how they hook.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went through 2 sets of NT05s 315/35s, they hook much better than the 555rs I'm on currently. I have some NT05Rs I plan on putting on for the strip I'll let you guys know how they hook.
Yeah man definitely let me know. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
135 Posts
@Kotta390 - impressive list for sure.

Still stock Charger A8 with DSS Driveshaft, Rear Diff Brace and Drag Radials (Nitto 555r), 93 octane, no race fuel and full weight

The wife and I were in route to a car show this morning in Mexico, Caffeine and Octane....

Mustang Cobra weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to us. He goosed it and I looked at him...
I have always wanted to race a Cobra and then....there we were 60mph roll, three honks by him....he jumped out about half of a car length and then that Supercharger came on! And we ran away from him.

Wins:
Mustang Cobra
Tesla Model S
BMW i8 roadster
BMW M5
BMW M3
Infinity Q60 Sport modded
Porsche GT3 RS:
Mustang GT - he was modded and a good race:
&

Loses:
2 x Mustang GT: after I beat the white Mustang GT above, all of the other Ford guys wanted a piece of the Charger Hellcat
&

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
@Kotta390 - impressive list for sure.

Still stock Charger A8 with DSS Driveshaft, Rear Diff Brace and Drag Radials (Nitto 555r), 93 octane, no race fuel and full weight

The wife and I were in route to a car show this morning in Mexico, Caffeine and Octane....

Mustang Cobra weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to us. He goosed it and I looked at him...
I have always wanted to race a Cobra and then....there we were 60mph roll, three honks by him....he jumped out about half of a car length and then that Supercharger came on! And we ran away from him.

Wins:
Mustang Cobra
Tesla Model S
BMW i8 roadster
BMW M5
BMW M3
Infinity Q60 Sport modded
Porsche GT3 RS:
Mustang GT - he was modded and a good race:
&

Loses:
2 x Mustang GT: after I beat the white Mustang GT above, all of the other Ford guys wanted a piece of the Charger Hellcat
&
Haha nice!!! Everyone thinks I’m pullied or tuned at minimum but what they don’t understand is when you lose static and rotational mass on these cars it picks up quite a bit!! Keep killin it out there. I finally got my demon driveshaft so I’m going more legit on racing but in Mexico it’s all planned out beforehand and at a very late part of the night with scouts for federali policia and any traffic. I want to go to some half mile events and roll racing events. For now I’m going to see if I can go grab a 10.50 before I throw the 2.85 on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Haha nice!!! Everyone thinks I’m pullied or tuned at minimum but what they don’t understand is when you lose static and rotational mass on these cars it picks up quite a bit!! Keep killin it out there. I finally got my demon driveshaft so I’m going more legit on racing but in Mexico it’s all planned out beforehand and at a very late part of the night with scouts for federali policia and any traffic. I want to go to some half mile events and roll racing events. For now I’m going to see if I can go grab a 10.50 before I throw the 2.85 on.
Hell yeah, you guys in the Challengers can shed weight like crazy. I have been pushing the car fully loaded, but after I upgrade...seats are coming out, coin tray, glove box papers, floor mats, lint...we are going to remove everything in this Charger. I am on a diet....lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts