SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
So far the two losses I recall were a twin turbo coyote S197 and a hellcat with more mods. Had a guy with a gen 2 ctsv with a bunch of mods that talked trash for a while until we finally raced and he got taken to gapplebees. That was priceless.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Had two Mercedes C63 AMG's try on a work trip once. Both of them got smoked.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
155 Posts
Not many people in my area try it against my Hellcat. They either don't know what a Hellcat is or are intimidated most likely. The only notable run was against my friends AMG C63S. We did a couple runs from 50, both times I lost traction where he pulled some at first and then I proceeded to reel him in and walk away.. We are both stock on stock tires and my Hellcat Challenger is an A8. He just did a tune and downpipe and want to try again soon. Running people from lower speed rolls or dig is a waste of time for the Hellcat on the factory all-seasons, imo.

Off-topic but I have people try it against my wifes Tesla 3 Performance almost every time I drive it, especially annoying reckless Infinity G37's drivers in my area. The Tesla is seemingly unbeatable under 100 (dig, 1/8 mile or roll) on the street but as speeds surpass 100+ the faster cars easily reel the Tesla in...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So far the two losses I recall were a twin turbo coyote S197 and a hellcat with more mods. Had a guy with a gen 2 ctsv with a bunch of mods that talked trash for a while until we finally raced and he got taken to gapplebees. That was priceless.
Hahah oh man thats great. Those CTSV guys are something else sometimes. My wife used to work for GM and a lot of her coworkers drove V’s, hearing them talk about those cars like they are so much better than the hellcats always cracks me up.

Reactions: Kotta390

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Had two Mercedes C63 AMG's try on a work trip once. Both of them got smoked.
Thats awesome... always nice to slay a Merc or BMW. Those bigger twin turbo Mercedes would make me nervous when my cat was stock. Ive seen some of those things lay down big power numbers and look completely stock. ?

Reactions: SITH

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not many people in my area try it against my Hellcat. They either don't know what a Hellcat is or are intimidated most likely. The only notable run was against my friends AMG C63S. We did a couple runs from 50, both times I lost traction where he pulled some at first and then I proceeded to reel him in and walk away.. We are both stock on stock tires and my Hellcat Challenger is an A8. He just did a tune and downpipe and want to try again soon. Running people from lower speed rolls or dig is a waste of time for the Hellcat on the factory all-seasons, imo.

Off-topic but I have people try it against my wifes Tesla 3 Performance almost every time I drive it, especially annoying reckless Infinity G37's drivers in my area. The Tesla is seemingly unbeatable under 100 (dig, 1/8 mile or roll) on the street but as speeds surpass 100+ the faster cars easily reel the Tesla in...
Let me know how that turns out if you get another chance to run again. Yeah those all-seasons were a joke. My car was stock on the Nitto 555r in a 305/45/18 for about 2 weeks and man was it a different car. I could put my foot to the floor at 40mph and have little to no wheel spin. First time I felt the car actually hook I was like “shit this thing is fast” haha. But now anything under 90mph and I’m sliding everywhere. Lol

Really? Haha always in the wife’s car! Happens to me too. Side not, how do you like that Tesla? I almost bought one before I bought my Hellcat but the choice between the sound of that supercharger whine and the sound of umm... the wind was easily won by the cat. Still considering one though as I’m looking for a new daily. Im wanting to convert the cat into a weekend warrior.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
17 Posts
It is not what I beat, but what beat me. Back in 15 I was obsessed with getting a hellcat but I was not in a position to get one. Then one day my son said how about a camaro. I found a used 13 ZL1 with 800 miles for a almost half of what a hellcat would cost. Then just over a year ago we were leaving a car show in the camaro when a hellcat pulled behind me. As I approached our turn onto a straight back road he turned as well so I stood on the camaro. I knew the hellcar would be faster, but damn, it passed me when I hit 100 like I was parked. It was then that my obsession started again until this past December 7th when we picked up our RE WB. Now I can't wait for summer to make others feel that envy.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It is not what I beat, but what beat me. Back in 15 I was obsessed with getting a hellcat but I was not in a position to get one. Then one day my son said how about a camaro. I found a used 13 ZL1 with 800 miles for a almost half of what a hellcat would cost. Then just over a year ago we were leaving a car show in the camaro when a hellcat pulled behind me. As I approached our turn onto a straight back road he turned as well so I stood on the camaro. I knew the hellcar would be faster, but damn, it passed me when I hit 100 like I was parked. It was then that my obsession started again until this past December 7th when we picked up our RE WB. Now I can't wait for summer to make others feel that envy.
Haha great story man. Fate slapped you in the face, or more so gapped you on the street. lol
Congrats on the Redeye buddy! How much do you love it? These cars are great arent they? Any plans for the car or are you happy with it stock? I’m sure its already a monster.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
17 Posts
Haha great story man. Fate slapped you in the face, or more so gapped you on the street. lol
Congrats on the Redeye buddy! How much do you love it? These cars are great arent they? Any plans for the car or are you happy with it stock? I’m sure its already a monster.
My son and I drove the car 450 miles home when we got it. We were both amazed how well this thing rides. I absolutely LOVE this car. I am planning on keeping it stock as I don't plan on tracking it just some playing around now and then. A factory 10 second car is good enough for me. I plan on driving it, alot. I didn't drive the Camaro much 2-3k miles a year. It wasn't comfortable. This monster I could live in!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,160 Posts
If you have noticed what happens at about 100, you guys should see them pull above 130 mph (closed course). We have a straight of nearly 3/4 mile on our road course. The fastest cars (including Hellcats) can reach 160-170, before we have to slow down a bit for a very big banked sweeper. Got to say not many are around above the 125-130 mark, but the Hellcats can hang with about anything except the exotic stuff.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
717 Posts
When I had my Scatpack I had a lot of Mustangs and Camaros play with me. Not so much with the Hellcats. I see them coming up but when they see it’s a Hellcat they back off. I did have a guy in a nice Camaro play with me one morning on way to work. I ate him up. He was a good sport though. At the next light he opened his window and when I looked over all he said was “DAMMMM”.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
330 Posts
Well, on the street I've beat a modded scat pack Challenger and a modded Mustang. I've also had an idiot in a Hyundai try me. I drove by him sideways just for the fun of it. Nobody really tries to race me on the street much. At the strip I've beaten an AMG C63 Mercedes and a supercharged Roush Mustang. This past weekend, I tried to play with a Lamborghini Performante on the interstate. I guess he was scared after ran up on his rear at 120.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4 Posts
Story time guys... street victims. Anybody pull on something they thought they couldnt? Or vice versa?

The cat was stock for about 3 months and in that time I only had one Maserati that I had to put the business to, nothing else was worth it. And by that I mean not an frs or a corolla on 17s. Haha

Since the build not much at all. I had an R8 next to me a few weeks back where the owner rolled down his window and gave me one of those “dont you know this is an R8 and you just have a slow dodge“ looks. So I goosed it a little to make sure a thousand horsepower echoed throughout his expensive VW and....... he turned left, immediately. I had a new ZL1 1LE try to pull away from me on an on ramp, but I reeled him in like he was tied to something. Other than those... nothing.

When I had my Daytona 392 it was at least 5 times a day someone would be doing a fly-by on me or weaving through traffic to get next to me at a light, and I thought after I bought the hellcat it would be worse. Because of the reputation of the car I thought people would be using me as a benchmark, that notch on their belt of either beating a hellcat or “I almost had him”. But its not like that at all, I either get a thumbs up from an older guy on a Harley or a dirty look from the lady in the Tahoe who has to roll the window up to talk on the phone because my car is so damn loud.

What are everyone’s street experiences in their cats? Thought it would be cool to hear some stories since all the Hellcat YouTube videos I see are of them losing because “they are heavy boats”.
Haven’t had my Hellcat for long, but thus far, on my list is a Ferrari F430. Tried to chat with the guy at the next light and he was not happy. Would not even look at me.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Haven’t had my Hellcat for long, but thus far, on my list is a Ferrari F430. Tried to chat with the guy at the next light and he was not happy. Would not even look at me.
I know a guy with a Ferrari F430 Challenge Stradale. It's quick but holy hell does it handle well! When I sat in it the first thing that popped in my mind was no way in hell I'd spend that much on this car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
115 Posts
The only notable race was against a 720s... my stock hellcat had no chance. It was that burnt orange color too. I'd love to win the lottery someday...

Other than that... I've shown my taillights to several mustangs but mostly fellow mopars. It's always the RTs/SCATPACKS that want to race me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
432 Posts
Beat: Everything (Porsches, Vettes, Audi R8, Stangs, Ferrari) and other Hellcats.
Lost to: Another Hellcat running e85 and another running e85 and nitrous. Only losses ever.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
241 Posts
Sadly I do not drive mine enough to run into guys. Last time I drove it I harassed a Cayenne Turbo but he would not play.

My Shelby is quite a bit faster than my HC and I do not bother with most that I run into on the street. Two most notable were bikes.

First was a ZX6R that was alongside a sweeping left turn onto a highway. I nailed it in 2nd and rear end went all over the place before finally hooking up in third. I put two lengths into him before pulling plug at 140.

Second was a GSXR1000. I was alongside at 50 and did a 3 honk. We were neck and neck up to 140. Did another pull and same result. I do not know anything about bikes and pulled him over to chat. He said the only other car that has hung with him was a built GTR which made me feel good.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,160 Posts
Almost forgot! There was this on the interstate! I have no idea of his gears etc. but basically neither of us got the better before we caught traffic, on a roll. It was pretty stout, because I was in the RE and the tires were NOT slipping. And, no I had no time or desire to whip out the phone except when I came up upon it to get this picture. Very friendly thumbs up then we tagged teamed making it thru some interesting traffic coming into the Cities from the NW. I was returning from BIR in late May last year driving on the OEM set of wheels/tires.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
241 Posts
@DGatzby
That is a serious adversary. Driving that thing on city streets must be scary.

PS just finished some bolt ons and tune to my HC, you will have to let me take a crack at you when the snow melts.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts