SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
Your homework for today-Use search all topics and keyword LAUNCH

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
Has anyone figured out the best settings to achieve the best launch at the drag strip?
If you look at johnnyReindeer's thread "11.2's first run on new tires!" you'll see that advice is all over the map in terms of launch mode, burnouts, shift strategies, air pressure in tires, etc. Not enough people have taken the cars to tracks yet. My guess is that it's going to be few couple of months before we can point to some examples of consistently good E/T's and say "emulate what this guy is doing."

Throughout much of the country conditions are just too cold. In the Spring I think we're going to see a big upswing in reports from people taking their cars to the track.

·
The Doctor is IN!
Challenger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
and then we'll see times fall off. Well prepped track with fresh VHT thats been torched and cool ambient air is going to be runs of the year once we, as the community. figures out the best approaches bone stock, with drag radials, etc..

also for you guys working combos on airing down drag radials, please remember if you do heat them up, Charles Law comes into effect and increases the air pressure. That doesn't mean its not the right choice, but you guys that have an IR thermometer and a buddy, record your cold PSI, then have them take a IR temp read on your tire before launch just to add to our collective data points. If possible, pull over on the return road and check rear air pressure after the run.

Some tires air down amazingly low and then get lit up and gain serious pressure. Just have to remember to refill in pit as when it cools down will return to original pressure.

For a fixed mass of gas, at a constant pressure, the volume (V) is directly proportional to the absolute temperature (T)."

Volume/Temperature = constant

Reactions: Mtr

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
94 Posts
Having raced Neons, Concordes and 300M's on the oval track for the past 11 years I learned a lot about tire pressures. The best info I can give to you is to run 100% nitrogen in your tires. Use a pressure vacuum to remove all oxygen from tire and replace with nitrogen, problem solved. This method is being used regularly at most tire retailers and installers. Good luck.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.