SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has moved to J B Status and I was told it has been at that status for 3 days now. The guy at SRT says it hasn't been built yet but its getting pretty close and they are waiting for sub suppliers to send stuff over. Thats all he knew. Anyone have any additional info???

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
484 Posts
Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I deleted the stripe a month ago. The JB Status doesn't look like something thats going to make me happy. I've got a call in to the dealer GSM.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
484 Posts
I deleted the stripe a month ago. The JB Status doesn't look like something thats going to make me happy. I've got a call in to the dealer GSM.
No changes can be made once car makes D1 status.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're talking a wide body hellcat challenger. Now I was just told that the factory did indeed allow the stripe delete but here in lies the problem. I just found out today that the factory is going to build the car then send it down to one of their shops and take the stripes off the car. My guess is it will come in with very small marks, scratches, tape lines or something. So "707Fc7" is correct in one sense and incorrect in another sense. But regardless at this point Iam very concerned that the car will NOT be pristine when it comes in to the dealership. Plus it was scheduled to arrive the 3rd week of June and now because of the change (my fault) it will be first week of August. In all honesty if I had known how this was going to be handled I would NOT have cancelled the stripes as I could have had a professional detailer here in Omaha probably do alot better job of removing them. So we'll see how it goes. Ordered the car orginally in mid Feb. And this all comes down to one thing really. I've said this before. THE DODGE WEBSITE SUCKS. THE PHOTO SHOP BUILD ON THEIR SITE IS TERRIBLE FOR A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone else noticed that when you call the SRT Customer Service Center they aren't really very helpful. About the only thing they really know is the status. But if you go beyond that they really don't have a clue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,072 Posts
Brampton is gonna put stripes on the car and then send it to the upfitter to take them off? Obviously that makes no sense. Who told you this would happen?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To SLIDD; IAM GOING TO CAPS THIS AGAIN IN HOPES THAT OTHERS READ IT TOO. YES, I WAS TOLD THAT YESTERDAY BY THE GSM AT THE DEALERSHIP HERE IN OMAHA. IT HAS STRESSED ME OUT EVER SINCE HE TOLD ME THAT. IT WAS IN D1 STATUS AND WENT ONTO JB STATUS. THE GSM TOLD ME SINCE IT WAS IN D1 STATUS THEY WOULD BUILD THE CAR "AS ORDERED-WITH THE GUN METAL STRIPES" THEN SEND IT DOWN TO ONE OF THEIR TRIM SHOPS AND TAKE THE STRIPES BACK OFF. HERE'S MY STRESS----IAM SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW AFTER BUYING SOME 20+ NEW CARS OVER THE DECADES THAT YOU JUST DON'T PULL THE STRIPES OFF WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCES. THERE WILL BE TAPE MARKS, SCRATCHES OR SOMETHING. HE SAID THEY WOULD BUFF ALL THAT OUT BUT WE ALL KNOW THE MORE YOU BUFF A BLACK CAR THE MORE CHANCES OF SWIRL MARKS. I CAN'T GET THE "GM" MANAGER TO RETURN MY CALLS. I LEFT 3 YESTERDAY AND 2 TODAY SO AT THIS POINT I WILL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IN WHEN THE CAR COMES IN. OH AND BY THE WAY THE GSM TOLD ME YESTERDAY BECAUSE OF THIS CHANGE THE CAR NOW INSTEAD OF ARRIVING AT THE DEALERSHIP THE 3RD WEEK OF JUNE IT WILL NOW BY THE SECOND WEEK OF AUGUST. TO BE REAL HONEST IAM SO TURNED OFF TO THE WHOLE THING ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,072 Posts
So he's saying that the stripes are done at Brampton, somebody posted with a 2018 SRT was in status JB meaning his car went to the upfitter to get the stripes put on. I was thinking Hellcat stripes would be the same as SRT, installed at the upfitter. Maybe we can get this cleared up, good luck either way.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would be somewhat happy if I could get a return phone call and meeting with the G M of the dealership. But after leaving 3 Voice Mails over the last 2 days I can’t even accomplish that. Lets just say its been a very frustrating time over all of this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
182 Posts
If your car went JB it’s built. No way it will take until August to take stripes off. Something weird is going on.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
72 Stingray; Iam telling you exactly what the GSM told me yesterday as I was at the dealership in person over this whole mess. He said it would be delivered somewhere around the first or second week in August. Right now its at JB Status. My "REAL CONCERN" is these guys in Brampton don't take stripes off for a living. So can you just imagine how they could find six ways from sunday to screw it up. Tape marks, scratches, and whatever else you can think of them doing. I can hear it now all the way from Canada some guys saying "GEE I DIDN'T THINK THAT WOULD HAPPEN"!!!!!!!! "MAYBE HE WON'T NOTICE THE PAINT SCRATCHES IF WE BUFF THE CRAP OUT OF IT"!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
That sucks. Worst case if the car is trashed don’t take delivery. Unless they said your deposit is not refundable I’m sure you can get it back. I had to do a lot of work to get a deposit back from my initial attempt to order a car but with very little effort I got it back from the dealer. It just sucks to wait so long for a car and then it’s not how you wanted it. Some guy in the demon forums refused delivery for some cosmetic reasons.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
72Stingray; I waited outside the GM's office yesterday and 30 minutes. Finally got to talk to him and he said if the car has flaws from the factory we will send it back and that Dodge has a program where if that happens my car moves to the front of the line and he would have the car within 2 to 3 weeks. Now, Iam NOT KIDDING thats what he told me. So I guess I'll just wait and see. Still don't know why as to it being delayed from 3rd week of June to 2nd week of August. But I'll hang in there as there is no other option.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It will be worth it. Nothing about ordering a car from FCA has been even remotely pleasurable

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To 72Stingray; You couldn't have said it better. NOT PLEASURABLE AT ALL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR INPUT.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
I’ve been reading all your messages. I also have a WB Challenger being built that I found out today is in JB status and I was even able to pull the build list from the internet. Thing is, I have no stripes of any kind so it makes sense that the upfitter is the one who also puts in the wheels. Hope we get our Cats soon!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I’ve been reading all your messages. I also have a WB Challenger being built that I found out today is in JB status and I was even able to pull the build list from the internet. Thing is, I have no stripes of any kind so it makes sense that the upfitter is the one who also puts in the wheels. Hope we get our Cats soon!

thats awesome....when did you order and is it a A8 or 6M?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts