SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
27 Posts
On Friday, coming home from work, I filled up and hopped on the highway. Stayed out of boost and used cruise control. I was getting 26 MPG cruising @ 70 MPH, with inclines. Mixed city and highway I usually get 16-18 and I'm not easy on the car.

Somewhere north of 4,000 miles and only modification is a K&N replacement air filter. It does seem to help with fuel economy and makes the supercharger a bit louder.
Lou
NJ to MD, 500 miles on the car w/K&N, air on, 65 mph, cruise on, 27.5. Couldn't believe it. Refilled with super shell, within 10 miles, back to 27.5 mpg.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
With 50 miles on it, we were cruising on level ground at 55 getting 23 mpg. Thats already better than the 22 hwy rating and it'll loosen up with some more miles on it.
10,000 mIles on her now and cruise set at 55 on level ground gets 28. That's ridiculous!

Reactions: Lumpy53

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
867 Posts
13.6 average over 600 miles total.
Looks like itll get 20 if its in cruise control at 65.
I dropped the average yesterday to 12 something due to my right foot being magnetically attracted to the floor pan for a half tank of gas.
My foot is itchy on the bottom and weighs about 500 pounds on bad days. Terrible case of leadfutitus.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Over 20 MPG so far! I drove it really slow as I knew it was going in storage for the winter :(
I was not in any hurry to get to my storage bldg. I think we should get the gas guzzler tax back as well. My daily driver only gets 18 or so.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
147 Posts
I drove over 1,000 miles round trip from Northern Ohio to Columbia, SC and average about 23 mpg behaving the whole ride down there. The ride back was late night so the 'spirited' driving was a bit more...I averaged 14 mpg.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
23 Posts
I think the LOWER the mpg the BETTER right?!?!?!?! We should start tracking SMILES Per Gallon. I think it gets more than most cars. :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
355 Posts
Ive managed 31mpg over a 250 mile round trip, it has a UK setting for gas milage as our gallon is around 20% larger. That would equate to around 25mpg (US) amazing for 707 hp.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
422 Posts
No idea. I didn't buy it to worry about how many GPM it burns.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
After I put the first 3000 miles on it, I drove from my parent's house in MS to my grandparent's house in OR and back.
Around 3000 miles each way (it's not a real road trip unless you have to stop and change the oil before you make it back) with the detours (Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas Strip, California / Oregon Coast & Redwood Highway, Columbia River Gorge, Yellowstone National Park, Crazy Horse Monument & Mount Rushmore).
Each 3000 mile leg I averaged 24 MPG.
Daily driving for the last few weeks has been around 18 MPG. 16k miles on the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
Lol!! 4-6 at best! 1300 miles

Come on everyone put your foot in it!!!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts
Lol!! 4-6 at best! 1300 miles

Come on everyone put your foot in it!!!

I freaked out when I filled up the other day, my readout said 3.8mpg, which only bothered me in the sense that a 70 mile range would be logistically difficult.

Resetting got me back up to 15+ and just a touch over 200 miles for range...

I can live with that...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
I freaked out when I filled up the other day, my readout said 3.8mpg, which only bothered me in the sense that a 70 mile range would be logistically difficult.

Resetting got me back up to 15+ and just a touch over 200 miles for range...

I can live with that...
Lol!! I can usually get about 150 miles to a tank if I go easy. I love it!!! Gas is so cheap right now!! "Gas guzzler Tax" LOL

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,170 Posts
Damn! Do you guys leave your driveway sideways everyday?

41 - 60 of 88 Posts