SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
184 Posts
I see everyone wants the highest! Who has lower? On Road America last weekend, 4.3 mpg or about a gallon per lap!
Road America. Sounds like paradise. I get 1500 smiles per gallon. And one 'yea buddy' per hammer downs.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
28 Posts
I didn't buy the HC with MPG in mind lol, it's not our daily so I could care less. My F150 EB gets 18 mpg per tank with mixed driving. My charger used to do 16 mpg in track mode 24/7 (22 in eco on highway), the 911 gets 19 per tank, my sierra does 16...... However the HC did just do 22 mpg on a recent trip so I was happy about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just picked up our pristine 2016 Charger Hellcat from a very good friend 670 miles from here. 10K on the clock. Original tires. I run 7 over so on the way home on the 1st tank I ran at 77 mph for 250 miles or so and then 100 miles at 82 mph. The center screen said I hit 25.8 at 77. They are never right though. Calculated MPG on a 356 mile tank was 23.7 mpg. Amazing I thought. Even playing around on the 2nd tank, I was still over 23 calculated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have the 8 speed auto. It was just a MPG experiment guys. :) I'm no stranger to the SPG part. I have 155,000 Viper miles and over 20 years of ownership. Our GEN 2 car has a little more juice than the Hellcat at 700HP/750TQ, plus it hooks up far easier. It has the same size twin screw blower and is only running 5 pounds of boost. Our GEN 5 car is stock. I did a fair amount of road track stuff with the G2 years ago. I'm not a drag guy at all. To be honest even with the Viper seat time, I'm still sorting the power out in the HC. I'm no engineer, but they could have tubbed it a tad and added some rubber. This car was bought on the spur of the moment when our 300S AWD lease was coming due (today). It had been an excellent car, and given there were no deals to have on another one, we were going to buy it at residual as we live in heavy snow country (UP/Mich) Then my wife said, 'why don't you see if Bill will sell his Charger?'

The rest is history. Couldn't be happier!

81 - 88 of 88 Posts