SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded a 2016 Challenger Hellcat in for my 2018 TrackHawk. I had my Challenger to the 160-180 mph range many times. I have been very impressed with the TrackHawk. Living in a super cold snowy climate is not the most ideal for rear wheel drive hot rods most of the year. So today it was about 20 degrees F outside with 30-40 mph winds and I found myself full throttle. Didn't take long to hit 170 Mph. Other than the strong crosswind it was surprisingly smooth. She had quite a bit more left but that was enough for now until maybe a better day without so much wind. 170 Mph in a Grand Cherokee!! Damn if you would have told me that a few years ago I would have thought you were crazy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
836 Posts
143 here

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
602 Posts
I had mine to 167 I don’t know when, I didn’t realize it till I was Scrolling through the dash options
You'd remember hitting 167 so it probably wasn't you. Some vehicles are delivered with high MPH from the plant from running on the rollers on the final inspection.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,319 Posts
150 is the saved speed in mine and that was fairly easy.

Not really interested is seeing if it can go faster though. Probably a hundred plus 0-110/115 runs though. That’s the joy of this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of you probably live in more moderate climates. I have struggled for years with hot rods. I also love motorcycles and summers are so short in Wyoming that I take advantage of riding as much as I can so by the time it is past riding season it is snowing and or roads are cold. So I've had a 1000hp corvette, chevelle with a 572ci big block, Cadillac CTSV, Challenger Hellcat, etc. But they just seemed to sit most of the time. Americans seemed to not believe I awd sports cars. Then right after I bought the Hellcat the Trackhawk came out. I waited and loved the Hellcat but damn this Trackhawk for me finally checks all the boxes I need. It is awd so I can drive it most of the year and not be screwed if I'm out of town and it snows. I actually enjoy driving the Hawk in snow! I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old that can get in and out easy and can see and are comfortable. I can haul stuff pretty easy and tow a small trailer if needed. I have a big 3500 Ram diesel also if I need it. Wife has a 2017 Durango RT for a really long road trip. But I have 3700 miles on this Jeep now and I've only had it for about 3 months. I had my challenger for over 3 years and only had about that many miles. I really enjoy this vehicles capabilities and that it doesn't draw so much attention that everyone doesn't want to race you. For me it's the closest thing to an American made awd sports car!

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
114 Posts
178 on a 7 mile straight stretch of road hear in Martin Co, no intersection no cross roads just one nice long straight strech where a group of us get together every once in a Sunday while for some early morning high speed runs, like you I love motorcycles as well so on occasion I’ll bring my Hayabusa and crank out a 213 run (best run so far)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
178 on a 7 mile straight stretch of road hear in Martin Co, no intersection no cross roads just one nice long straight strech where a group of us get together every once in a Sunday while for some early morning high speed runs, like you I love motorcycles as well so on occasion I’ll bring my Hayabusa and crank out a 213 run (best run so far)
That is good to know. Denver's elevation is pretty much the same as Caspers so I was actually figuring 180 might be the most I could hope for so your 178 is probably close to our max at this mile high elevation.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
602 Posts
I’m in the plant all the time I’ve never seen one run that hard. Mine goes 140 plus a lot it doesn’t take long with 900 hp.

My point was, you would remember going 167 mph if that was your top speed. There threads on here of Many people with Hellcats with 2 -15 miles having 190+ mph top speeds at delivery/pickup. It doesn't take much on the roller to pump the throttle and hit a high MPG......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts
The high MPH reading from Brampton is from the gage and instrument test, a sweep test if you will, not from running the car on the rollers. Yes they are run on them but nowhere near to these high triple digit speeds.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
602 Posts
The high MPH reading from Brampton is from the gage and instrument test, a sweep test if you will, not from running the car on the rollers. Yes they are run on them but nowhere near to these high triple digit speeds.

Sure, I can see that, then every one of us should have it then....correct?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts
Sure, I can see that, then every one of us should have it then....correct?

View attachment 548042
Everyone had the test but it could show any top speed. A lot of cars in 2015 showed a 179 top speed and there is just no way anyone ran that car that fast, on rollers or not. My own 2016 showed 119 mph so they will be all over the place.

Anyway, the dealers are supposed to clear all the timers and gages so not to cause the panic like in 2015 when these cars first came out, but we know how seriously most dealers take their pre-delivery inspection. But if the dealer did as he should then your car would not show any crazy top speed.

So in short, absolutely nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is hopefully the reason my 2016 Challenger Hellcat said 136 but realistically I think it was driven hard a few times. Funny thing is if you don't get a car with 5-15 miles then most of the time those first miles are some of the hardest the car will see. Especially since it hasn't even had a chance to finish the "break in" period. Oh well. These motors were designed pretty damn strong fortunately!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
623 Posts
Is that Martin County Florida? Used top own property in Hobe Sound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.