SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

What performance mods are needed for a stock regular Hellcat to be as fast as the Demon and C7 ZR1 Corvette?

1789 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Bhdau1
Curious to know what performance mods a stock regular Hellcat needs to be as fast as those two cars?

Is a tune, 2.85 pulley, and injectors sufficient or is there a little more performance modifications needed to get to that fast level that those two cars are at?
1 - 3 of 11 Posts
Curious to know what performance mods a stock regular Hellcat needs to be as fast as those two cars?

Is a tune, 2.85 pulley, and injectors sufficient or is there a little more performance modifications needed to get to that fast level that those two cars are at?
C7ZR1 is faster from a Roll than a Demon. So the answer is different for each car .

To beat a ZR1 from a roll- you’ll likely need upper, lower and E85. Cat deletes for sure , but maybe some headers for good measure .

To best a Demon in the 1/4mile you’ll need , gears, radials, some traction work (control arms, bushings, trailing arms) driveshaft,upper/lower and corn.

maybe it can be done with less - but that should do it
Reactions: 2
Very good thank you. So it seems like the power mods I'd need would be both an upper/lower plus e-85.

What upper /lower combo would you recommend? 2.85 upper and 10% ATI OD lower?

Let's just say I started with the mods I mentioned which is the 2.85 upper, upgraded injectors, and tune but don't want to run with e-85 or any other race fuels.

What additional mod would I need to compete? Maybe just a 10% lower?

Would just a 10% lower pulley combined with a 2.85 pulley, 1050X injectors, PCM/TCM tune be good enough?
I’m actually not the guy to answer that one man. I know there’s a limit to what you can do with upper and lower pulley on pump .

Gearhead Fabrications did an upper/lower Hellcat with big HX and intake and did 10.00 in Florida heat with it @ 137mph ….it made 820whp that was on 93- but if you’re running against a ZR1 on the street you’d better hook up and even still you’ll be fighting for an edge .

maybe you could do upper and lower on pump in a regular Hellcat and still run on 93 ….but some cooling mods would be in order and maybe some headers to help with the breathing - but I’m no expert in that .
I doubt you’d have full timing and I’d bet you’d be running on the rich side to keep it safe . C7ZR1s trap high 13X- on pump you’ll be hard pressed against one with a full weight charger - they have a major weight advantage and aero to boot.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
9 Second Stock ZR1

These guys got their ZR1 into the 9s with only an intake, sticky tires and a passenger seat delete....

You'll need corn or race gas to play with them...or a lot of weigh reduction.
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.