SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to find much info on good front pairings with NT05Rs in the back. I was planning on some NT05s in the front, but they are sold out in my size everywhere I looked. Invos or NT555 G2s are what I'm looking at now. Anyone have insight on what normal pairings with NT05Rs are?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
What kind of driving?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I have 275 555G2’s up front and ran them with both 315 NT05R’s out back and now with 315 555R2’s out back. The 555’s are a better looking tread to match up with the G2’s up front and I’ve found the 555R2’s have much better cold surface traction then the NT05R have. I make over 930 wheel on corn and the 315 555R2’s out back at 27 psi cold have netted 11.3 1/4’s on 40F street pavement early Dec 2020. I’ve ran the NT05R’s out back for years, swore by them, but my next set of rears will be 555R2’s again, they impressed me this past fall. One of the best things you can do to help put the power down along with either of these tires is get your rear aligned to have .3+ camber and 0 toe out back, really helps to use the full width of the tire and reduce wheel hop.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
I have 275 555G2’s up front and ran them with both 315 NT05R’s out back and now with 315 555R2’s out back. The 555’s are a better looking tread to match up with the G2’s up front and I’ve found the 555R2’s have much better cold surface traction then the NT05R have. I make over 930 wheel on corn and the 315 555R2’s out back at 27 psi cold have netted 11.3 1/4’s on 40F street pavement early Dec 2020. I’ve ran the NT05R’s out back for years, swore by them, but my next set of rears will be 555R2’s again, they impressed me this past fall. One of the best things you can do to help put the power down along with either of these tires is get your rear aligned to have .3+ camber and 0 toe out back, really helps to use the full width of the tire and reduce wheel hop.

I might look into the 555r2’s but in a 305 with some 10.5 reps, at your power level how well do they put the power down in warm weather? How hard can you launch and what’s a 20-30 roll punch like?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I might look into the 555r2’s but in a 305 with some 10.5 reps, at your power level how well do they put the power down in warm weather? How hard can you launch and what’s a 20-30 roll punch like?
With my lower ratio M6 there’s no flooring it in any of the first 3 gears they’ll break loose even with the 315 NT05R or 555R2’s. One has to use throttle control and keep the car on the hairy edge of spinning and even with allot of practice it sometimes breaks free. You can feel such in the rear end, you’ll feel each tire left and right fighting each other for traction and know when your on that edge. Factory traction control in full on mode doesn’t do much but it helps, don’t even try such in sport or track mode on the street you’ll end up spinning for sure and possibly wheel hopping too which is an axle killer, I’m on my third set of DSS stage 5 1400 HP rated axles and I know when to get out of it quick. I don’t recommend them at all, at least their current offering, they have factory style units in testing since last year but not releasing to the public until their stock of their crappy design is depleted, nice aye? I recommend GForce Outlaw Axles, they make their own CV’s and their hubs are one piece, DSS units have the splines pressed in and bolted into the hubs with the CV then bolted to them, their prone to runout and vibration because of such, and the Porsche made CV’s they use are JUNK, one extended wheel hop event and their DONE!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
With my lower ratio M6 there’s no flooring it in any of the first 3 gears they’ll break loose even with the 315 NT05R or 555R2’s. One has to use throttle control and keep the car on the hairy edge of spinning and even with allot of practice it sometimes breaks free. You can feel such in the rear end, you’ll feel each tire left and right fighting each other for traction and know when your on that edge. Factory traction control in full on mode doesn’t do much but it helps, don’t even try such in sport or track mode on the street you’ll end up spinning for sure and possibly wheel hopping too which is an axle killer, I’m on my third set of DSS stage 5 1400 HP rated axles and I know when to get out of it quick. I don’t recommend them at all, at least their current offering, they have factory style units in testing since last year but not releasing to the public until their stock of their crappy design is depleted, nice aye? I recommend GForce Outlaw Axles, they make their own CV’s and their hubs are one piece, DSS units have the splines pressed in and bolted into the hubs with the CV then bolted to them, their prone to runout and vibration because of such, and the Porsche made CV’s they use are JUNK, one extended wheel hop event and their DONE!!

You give good advice I'll definitely keep what you said in mind. I hope I will be able to use the first three gears on my stock Cat with the 555r2s lol even with some decent heavy throttle control and not always ¼ throttling most of the time below 60 for me at least. Ever used those tires when your car was stock? Was the power down low a lot more usable?

I'm not really concerned about adding more power yet until I'm happy with traction from a dig and up. I have yet to experience those tires and find out for myself. If they stick pretty well I might look into modding a little in the future if not then the car might as well stay stock. I’m not into the whole spinning as some find it amusing. I want to hook and go lol with very little time wasted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thanks for the reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts