SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plan is to trade my Daytona for a new one in 2021, but that’s assuming the current platform will continue then. If not, I will trade in 2020. Anyone have any reliable information? It seems to me that FCA would not have spent the money on tooling for the widebody Charger for a one-year production run.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
My plan is to trade my Daytona for a new one in 2021, but that’s assuming the current platform will continue then. If not, I will trade in 2020. Anyone have any reliable information? It seems to me that FCA would not have spent the money on tooling for the widebody Charger for a one-year production run.
One can only speculate...the only thing we know for sure is...nobody has a clue...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Current platform isn't due for replacement until 2023 last I heard. We'll likely see a Redeye Charger (finally) in 2021. Besides that, who knows...

·
Registered
395 Posts
RE Challenger was 1 year after the WB HC/392 Challengers...
Sooner would be better, but they'll likely draw it out to maintain interest.
People keep saying that, but fail to mention that the Demon was out the same year. It only made sense to release the Redeye the year after the Demon. If there's no Demon charger, it makes no sense to leave it at just the WB charger. It will be a mistake.

·
Registered
909 Posts
People keep saying that, but fail to mention that the Demon was out the same year. It only made sense to release the Redeye the year after the Demon. If there's no Demon charger, it makes no sense to leave it at just the WB charger. It will be a mistake.
We'll see. I think they'll draw it out, but who knows. I also thought they'd wait till Woodward to offically reveal the WB Charger...

·
Registered
395 Posts
We'll see. I think they'll draw it out, but who knows. I also thought they'd wait till Woodward to offically reveal the WB Charger...
I just don't see the point in them waiting personally. Most of us have been waiting 2 years already for some type of upgrade, and just a widebody isn't going to cut it. I definitely believe they'll be announcing something else in the upcoming months.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Current platform lives on for another 4 years or so. Plenty of WB Chargers to come i’m sure. Im waiting for a Challenger refresh before it’s over. 2020/21 would make sense considering the time frame. Also 2020 production is delayed until Nov this year. Retooling for a refresh maybe?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I just don't see the point in them waiting personally. Most of us have been waiting 2 years already for some type of upgrade, and just a widebody isn't going to cut it. I definitely believe they'll be announcing something else in the upcoming months.
Remember the challenger WB initially came out one year without a RedEye. So they’ll probably wait till 2021. I already saw a YouTube video claiming the 2021 charger hellcat RedEye is coming.. and it’s going to have 808 hp. Not 797 :p

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hope that video wasn’t from that Driveway demon guy :)
Yup that’s my source hehe. All that aside I do believe dodge will have a RedEye Charger 2021. Not sure if I’ll be a position to buy one though. May just run the wheels off my 19’ ... I take care of her! But man the miles add up! Already got 7300 on her!!! That’s more than some guys have with 15’ and 16’ hehe and some had 2 owners

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Current platform isn't due for replacement until 2023 last I heard. We'll likely see a Redeye Charger (finally) in 2021. Besides that, who knows...
2023? FCA dropping the ball in a major way IMO. Also, if we have to wait another year for the RE Charger = also another ball drop.

They need to bring the RE Charger for 2020. My lease is up 2021 & I doubt they will be willing to deal on the RE right off the bat... Might have to go elsewhere for my next car then

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Don’t forget NE the charger RedEye will be 90K plus. Not exactly the car most guys are going to be putting any significant mileage on. I love more power. But at that expense. For me the RE Charger would be a total garage queen. No shore drives, worrying when it rains etc.. that’s why I love my regular cat. At the price I paid. 73k.. It’s the right amount for me not to worry about driving the car when I want

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well....I mean hopefully we can at least get some clear info on MY 2020 soon enough....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,094 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yup that’s my source hehe. All that aside I do believe dodge will have a RedEye Charger 2021. Not sure if I’ll be a position to buy one though. May just run the wheels off my 19’ ... I take care of her! But man the miles add up! Already got 7300 on her!!! That’s more than some guys have with 15’ and 16’ hehe and some had 2 owners
Barely broke in!! Keep driving her!!:D Mines a 16' put 10k on it first year I owned it, bought oct. 17',

1 - 20 of 28 Posts