SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing 210-215 in 70 degree weather. I know some newer trannys are running over 200* but thought I'd ask. Used to be that you ever wanted it to go that high.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
I'm seeing 210-215 in 70 degree weather. I know some newer trannys are running over 200* but thought I'd ask. Used to be that you ever wanted it to go that high.
170 for drag racing is what I'd try to achieve

Reactions: gilgamesh

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Yeah I need to check it again hadn't check in over a month
Trans will run at coolant temp unless you add big cooler and not be in stop and go traffic

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,170 Posts
I'm usually between 190 and 200 with open air. Maxed out at 214 in traffic. Thought it was high but it quickly dropped below 200 when we started moving.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,911 Posts
Mine hits 219 when sitting in traffic, but quickly drops back down every time to about 205-210. The cooling fans do their job well.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
363 Posts
170 for drag racing is what I'd try to achieve
See... this is always what I tried to achieve as well and thought normal... 170 or less under normal conditions.

Are you guys really seeing >200 deg tranny temps under normal driving? I thought anything over that mark was very bad for any auto trans. Are these ZF systems just very unique and designed to run hotter?

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,206 Posts
I took mine out for first time in a week. 81 deg outside. Trans set to Sport. I drove about 15 mins to my local Best Buy (mostly highway). When I got in parking lot my temps were 185 Engine, 165 Oil, 154 Trans.). I was in there for 10 mins then drove a mile to another store and then headed home. On the drive home on highway my temps were 185 Engine, 195 Oil, 160 Trans). I went about 5 miles out of the way and did a 0-60 pull. The Trans temp went up to 175. I then drove home about 10 mins and when I pulled in driveway my Trans temp was 185.

I have no doubt if you are driving your car harder than I did today you would see temps in the 190's and I have seen mine high 190's in the summer. Now how fast you're getting there would be the question. Mine took a good 30 mins of driving to hit 175.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
363 Posts
Yeah, I drover for over 1 hr in 65 deg temps on the interstate at roughly 75-80mph before I saw temps north of 180. Once I get down on her though...it seems like temps stay in the high 190s and then climb to 210+ if I am doing a hard pull.....I never remember her being that warm in the past.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,101 Posts
See... this is always what I tried to achieve as well and thought normal... 170 or less under normal conditions.

Are you guys really seeing >200 deg tranny temps under normal driving? I thought anything over that mark was very bad for any auto trans. Are these ZF systems just very unique and designed to run hotter?
I dont think ive seen my trans temp over 150 and. Seen it lower.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
363 Posts
Transmission Temps.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
363 Posts
Gotcha. Highway cruising?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.