SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have almost 300 miles on my car now. Took a ½ day last week and cleaned it real good and put a nice coat of wax on it. Found no paint issues or scratches (other than the scratch on the mirror that was documented by the dealer) and no dents or dings. The paint quality is real nice.

I have noticed that it has a slight pull to the right and the wheel is off just a smidge to the right. I can see on the passenger’s tire where it’s riding more on the outer edge then the driver’s side is. What do you think, should I take it back to the dealer to check the alignment? If I do that, not sure I would go back to the dealer where I bought it because it’s a bit out of the way, unless I go back to have the mirror fixed too?

Anyone else have any alignment issues?
IMG_20160724_115209751_HDR.jpg

Not a fan of dealers… but I did just drop $70K and shouldn’t have to pull money out of my pocket already!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,409 Posts
No issues on the Hellcat. I was lucky enough to find a large tire shop with the latest hi tech/laser wheel alignment equipment in Santa Monica, CA. They did all of my track alignment work for my C6 Z06 and it was perfect. Since alignment most likely would not be covered under warranty you may as well shop around to find the best shop in your area. Check with guys that go out to road courses in your area, they will likely know some good techs. If not you may have to stay with the dealer.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
Have the alignment checked. Cheaper than an early set of tires because of an alignment issue.

My 2010 Challenger front bushings eventually allowed the front end to squat a bit. If not caught early, it's an expensive lesson in tire replacement.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
820 Posts
I got the same thing but taking it to someone I trust.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,106 Posts
With just 200 miles I felt a slight pull to the right, took it back and the alignment was off. Dealer did not charge me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - The dealer really needs to cover it, it only has 285 miles on it. I bring it in on Friday and they said they only have one SRT tech that's allowed to work on the Hellcats and Vipers. So I feel pretty good about that. They are also going to fix the passenger side mirror. I think that will need to be re-spayed, too deep to buff out.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For sure, it's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but there is some very slight feathering going on already, plus I not a fan of the slight counter steer that I need to do to keep on track. I don't think it will be a big deal, especially if this tech is as good as everyone says,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
602 Posts
What you have is a slight more camber on drivers side rear wheel. Had mine looked at by SRT field engineer and is within specs

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
91 Posts
I believe alignment is covered by the new car warranty to 12k miles. With wear like that, it's surely out of alignment, I have no feathering.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
432 Posts
No issues on the Hellcat. I was lucky enough to find a large tire shop with the latest hi tech/laser wheel alignment equipment in Santa Monica, CA. They did all of my track alignment work for my C6 Z06 and it was perfect. Since alignment most likely would not be covered under warranty you may as well shop around to find the best shop in your area. Check with guys that go out to road courses in your area, they will likely know some good techs. If not you may have to stay with the dealer.
According to the warranty book, 1 year or 20,000KM wheel alignment and balances are covered if defective.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,821 Posts
Here are a couple of TSBs associated with what you're describing.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts