SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having two Trackhawks and a TRX, I really miss the AWD traction I got from those on a hard launch. It's really hard for me to get much traction on my 2021 Challenger (not surprised) below 40 mph with the factory 275's... So, I'm thinking of putting on either Nitto's or Michelin's 305 35/R20's on the rear to "help". I'll flip a coin later. :)

A couple of questions for those who have done this on the Challenger.

• Any problems putting the 305's on the stock wheels? (I really like my wheels)
  • Anyone using spacers to add more clearance and/or give it more of the old school effect? If so anyone use Eibach's 25 or 30mm spacers or have other recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
582 Posts
Tire/wheel size questions have been beaten to death here. Short answer: you can fit 305 on the stock 9.5" rims, but 9.5" is not an appropriate rim size for these tires, so you may have handling issues and most certainly won't get the full benefit in traction that you would get with wider rims. So it's not recommended (although many do it nonetheless).

Spacers: there is a big difference between a spacer and an adapter. You want wheels with an appropriate offset, so you won't need spacers. In the worst case, you can use reasonably thin spacers (usually ~1/2" or less) provided that there is enough thread left. Under no circumstances you want any adapters.

Use search function for more information.

· Premium Member
151 Posts
go to factory reproductions and get two back wheels at 20x11 or 20x10.5 with a -22 offset. They will fit under the fender for the most part and look just like the factory wheels. They won't be quite as light but nobody else will know that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.