SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2019 Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope you all doing well i have a 2019 charger hellcat iam going to buy the new widebody kit if i install it. what is the size of wheels should i go for is it ok if i go with the 11 inch or there will be a problem with the body or something

if anyone could help i'll be thankful 馃

Registered
I have a 11" offset +21 on my Hellcat non-WB. You'll be able to get 12" stuck under there but your offsets going to be different

Registered
2019 Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 11" offset +21 on my Hellcat non-WB. You'll be able to get 12" stuck under there but your offsets going to be different

thanks for replying 鈽

Registered
NOTE: Jump to last two paragraphs for the Reader's Digest version.

FYI, an 11" wheel is 25.4mm narrower than a 12" wheel, so if all else is proportional, then your 12" wheel will be 12.7mm wider in both directions (outside of car and inside of car.) If you find that your critical dimension is your inner-fender-rub, then find out what the closest your 11" wheel/tire gets to the inner fender. Let's say it gets within 10mm. That means you COULD have theoretically used a +11mm offset and allowed it to rub a smidgeon, which would give you 11mm more clearance on the outside edge.

HOWEVER, if you make the wheel/tire combo one inch wider, then the wheel would grow 12.7mm inward and 12.7mm outward given the same 21mm offset, or 23.7mm inward and 1.7mm outward given a smaller 10mm offset as mentioned.

If you can cram a 12" wheel/tire under there without rubbing, you first have to find your clearances of your inner and outer car body/fender well areas first, then set your offset to take maximum advantage of the available space.

Example: if with a 21mm offset, you have 10mm of clearance on the inside of the wheel, and 15.4mm clearance on the outside of the wheel, then you can add a 12-inch-wide wheel, but make the offset 18.3 mm which will eliminate all spare clearance on the inside of the wheelwell, and also consume all available clearance on the outside of the wheel.

Last paragraphs:

IN other words, to simplify, if you want to add another inch aka 25.4mm of rim width, and tire is the same general proportion, your clearances on inside and outside of wheel/tire added together have to slightly exceed 25.4mm, THEN you have to get wheels offset accurately or with enough positive offset that you can shim them into place.

If you find that your wheels go below that clearance level at full jounce, then you could add stiffer, lowering springs, and add a puck to the spring pockets (restoring ride height) to make sure the rear suspension would have an extremely difficult time ever compressing to that point.

Registered
2019 Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for all the great information 馃憣馃徏

Registered
For the benefit of others, I re-emphasize:
Last paragraphs:

IN other words, to simplify, if you want to add another inch aka 25.4mm of rim width, and tire is the same general proportion, your clearances on inside and outside of wheel/tire added together have to slightly exceed 25.4mm, THEN you have to get wheels offset accurately or with enough positive offset that you can shim them into place.

If you find that your wheels go below that clearance level at full jounce, then you could add stiffer, lowering springs, and add a puck to the spring pockets (restoring ride height) to make sure the rear suspension would have an extremely difficult time ever compressing to that point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts