SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of looking at threads lol. Which is dyno proven best non tuned. Any on Black Friday deals?

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT 392
4,390 Posts
Bwoody makes an awesome CAI.

Flow bench results as follows:
OEM intake - 1244CFM @ 28" of water
OEM intake without filter - 1490.7 I @ 28" of water
BWoody Velocity Plus intake with dry charger - 1961.5 CFM @ 28" of water
BWoody Gain - 717.5 CFM!!!!!!!!!!!

- Alexis

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,023 Posts
You are going to get everyone's preferences. I recommend JLT. LMI is good too. I think they are equivalent when it comes to HP gains. I had the JLT on my Hellcat and loved it. I think it is a little quieter than the LMI. I never had the LMI but have been around some that have it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
123 Posts
I would spend my money some other way. You may get a bit of airflow increase on a test rig (and possibly less filtration, which is probably not what you want), but I'm pretty sure you won't notice it when driving. What is real is the increase of the intake air temperature and the corresponding power drop when hot that you are going to see with some designs. I suggest you read/watch what people who actually monitored the intake air temperature had to say. And when you see a positive review, always take it with a grain of salt: confirmation bias is a real thing. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
614 Posts
I would spend my money some other way. You may get a bit of airflow increase on a test rig (and possibly less filtration, which is probably not what you want), but I'm pretty sure you won't notice it when driving. What is real is the increase of the intake air temperature and the corresponding power drop when hot that you are going to see with some designs. I suggest you read/watch what people who actually monitored the intake air temperature had to say. And when you see a positive review, always take it with a grain of salt: confirmation bias is a real thing. Just my two cents.

Nothing like seeing your timing drop off with high IATs.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,023 Posts
The main benefit for me was the sound of the supercharger.

Reactions: stroked383z

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
I have a brand new LMI for $50 less then they charge shippped!

Reactions: stroked383z

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,912 Posts
I have used an LMI and the aFe Magnum Force Pro 5R on my 2016 Hellcat, I prefer the aFe, so much that I sold my LMI. I have never used a JLT on a Hellcat but I do use one on my SRT Durango and its a nice piece.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
123 Posts
The dude who made a video on the LMI intake ended up getting a JLT; he seemed to be happy with it (same as stock intake air temperatures, better noise). The only thing that I don't like about it is that you have to close the driver's side air extractor in the hood, which will disrupt the airflow in the engine compartment. And the chance that water may leak on the filter eventually. And I'm not sure about the filtration efficiency. And having to pay for it as much...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,912 Posts
The dude who made a video on the LMI intake ended up getting a JLT; he seemed to be happy with it (same as stock intake air temperatures, better noise). The only thing that I don't like about it is that you have to close the driver's side air extractor in the hood, which will disrupt the airflow in the engine compartment. And the chance that water may leak on the filter eventually. And I'm not sure about the filtration efficiency. And having to pay for it as much...

All the more reason to use the aFe Magnum, Force Pro 5R intake, it has a heat shield, doesn't block the heat extractor and has an optional rain shield.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
10 Posts
+1 for the JLT intake. I’ve had it on my 19 Charger Hellcat since the end of July and I love it. The sound is GREAT, it’s looks great (professional) and it performs similar to the stock box (heat wise - IATs). Also plenty of videos with Dyno pulls showing gains. It comes with a rain shield that is super easy to install and uninstall dependent on weather conditions. 10/10 would recommend.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
117 Posts
It really matters as to which hood you have. If you have the 19-20 duel nostril inlets then LMI is really the only way to go as the JLT box does not fit the bottom of the hood properly.
If you have the hood with the two outlets and the scoop in the middle then the JLT is a better choice.

My .02 Varooom

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,848 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
Just put in the BWoody CAI. The one thing I noticed is that the paint easily chipped off when I bolted the bracket to the coil pack. Was careful not to over tightened but it still chipped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 110 Posts