SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done far to much reading lol.

I drive my HC as a summer daily(stock power level), spirited driving, and like the fine line of traction, and being able to break the tires loose and have some fun. I much rather prefer driving my car on back roads through the twists then I do in a straight line.

I do drive the car in the rain, and don't mind replacing tires every few years.

Right now I'm considering the 555g2 or the NT05. Leaning towards g2 for rain performance, but is the traction still decent?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,449 Posts
If you drive in the rain forget the NT05's. I have the 555r2's which hook well but it's a DR and says it handles rain ok but never tested that theory. Continental EC Sport, Firestone Firehawks and the G2's seem like great tires per members.

·
Registered
In The Market
484 Posts
I have used the 555r for a daily driven tire for many years because how good they are in the rain. I just put the new 555rII on the car and just like Beast707 I too have not been in the rain yet (tires just went on yesterday) but they are suppose to be as good as the old design

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah i need Rain performance, the 555g2 seems like the best option, but most guys online seem to hate them ahah

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yah i need Rain performance, the 555g2 seems like the best option, but most guys online seem to hate them ahah
I run the G2's in a 315/17 on my firebird because it's mostly a corner-carver type of car. Those things stick VERY well in the turns. They hook well, also, even with a decently quick clutch dump. I don't drive in the rain by choice, but I have been caught in a few storms and had no worries at all (using common sense). I'm sure the r or r2 will hook better for strictly drag racing, but I bet it's not a huge percentage better. That G2 is a fantastic all around "do it all" tire.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
384 Posts
I've run 555g2 front, 555rII rears for a couple of weeks and love them! Great performance, especially for the price. Discount tire dirext hooked it up. See my review for further detail.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ive done far to much reading lol.

I drive my HC as a summer daily(stock power level), spirited driving, and like the fine line of traction, and being able to break the tires loose and have some fun. I much rather prefer driving my car on back roads through the twists then I do in a straight line.

I do drive the car in the rain, and don't mind replacing tires every few years.

Right now I'm considering the 555g2 or the NT05. Leaning towards g2 for rain performance, but is the traction still decent?
Go with the 555R2. Best overall all around, and hook better than most. Ive had mine on for about 3 weeks and seem to be wearing about like I expect. The guys that say they are getting 7-10,000 miles (on any hellcat/redeye) must have pulled 2 plug wires and never accelerate!

·
Registered
In The Market
484 Posts
Go with the 555R2. Best overall all around, and hook better than most. Ive had mine on for about 3 weeks and seem to be wearing about like I expect. The guys that say they are getting 7-10,000 miles (on any hellcat/redeye) must have pulled 2 plug wires and never accelerate!
I was seeing about 15,000 miles with the 555r's in a 10 second Mustang. One set I took to the drag strip a few times and another never saw it and they lasted about the same, go figure. My '13 Mustang was 4,000 lbs so maybe the extra weight of the Dodge's are wearing them out quicker? We will see how many miles my 555RII last on the Charger

Reactions: Chancey

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was seeing about 15,000 miles with the 555r's in a 10 second Mustang. One set I took to the drag strip a few times and another never saw it and they lasted about the same, go figure. My '13 Mustang was 4,000 lbs so maybe the extra weight of the Dodge's are wearing them out quicker? We will see how many miles my 555RII last on the Charger
My hat is off to you. I wish mine would last that long! I do daily my redeye though. I have to fiquire in around $800-$900. every 2 1/2 to 3 months for tires alone. Hopefully the 555R2’s will last a bit better (fingers crossed)!

·
Registered
In The Market
484 Posts
My thoughts are on drag racing so I missed what you were looking for. I had the 555G2 on my Mustang and they were ok. I would be looking for something with more grip for the twisties. Toyo R888 or Michelin Pilots

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
384 Posts
My hat is off to you. I wish mine would last that long! I do daily my redeye though. I have to fiquire in around $800-$900. every 2 1/2 to 3 months for tires alone. Hopefully the 555R2’s will last a bit better (fingers crossed)!
I got all 4 corners for 918, with heat cycling, shipped, after tax. I daily mine also, and ha e been preferential towards the ps4s in the past (to include a p1xd procharged 5.0 prior to Hellcat), however, comparing the price and performance. I think the nitto 555rII has better dry performance (less durability), and ps4s has better wet performance (and lasts longer). But I support 555r2 all day!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts