SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
348 Posts
Does it only happen when you have the air on while shutting the door or does it do it when you have the air off as well? My '19 Redeye never did it, but my new '21 SS has the same whistle and it only happens when I first shut the door with the air on before the window goes up. After the window goes up the whistle stops. I was thinking something was wrong with the air duct in the door.

·
Registered
In The Market
348 Posts
Sorry for the miss understanding, but I meant with any air on heat or a/c. My ordered '21 SS has done it since day 1 and the higher the fan speed the louder the whistle. My '19 Redeye never did it.

·
Registered
In The Market
348 Posts
I just had my '21 SS at the dealership to have my rear inner fenders replaced and I had them look into this for me as well. The response from the mechanic is, the window tint I have on the car is pressing down on a seal not allowing it to stay sealed when the window is down and that is why I hear the noise. This is my first time ever having window tint on a car, but I didn't think the tint was that thick that it would interfere with a seal while the window is down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts