SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 hellcat charger mmx 411 stroker with whipple 4.5l blower. Right after the whipple install we are getting various codes that seem to be putting the car into limp mode. According the the tuner code u11bc is the culprit however there are several other codes showing up. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues. We can see that the brake sensor is responding in both the abs module and pcm so that cant be it (code u11bc) but it still shows permanent in hptuners. All sensors, wiring, and gaskets are installed correctly according to the whipple instructions. I've tried to delete the codes using hp tuners but that doesn't seem to work. Ive tried to reflash the pcm with the same tune but the codes are still there. Maybe I need to take it to the dealer and have them delete?

The battery was weak after the car sat for several months waiting on engine so we thought maybe low voltage while the tune was loaded was the issue but we have since replaced the battery and reinstalled everything. Still having the same issues. Below is a snap shot of the codes we are seeing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
Is your build all together new or was your HC Tuned prior to adding the Whipple and 411 stroker?

Linda :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
2015 hellcat charger mmx 411 stroker with whipple 4.5l blower. Right after the whipple install we are getting various codes that seem to be putting the car into limp mode. According the the tuner code u11bc is the culprit however there are several other codes showing up. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues. We can see that the brake sensor is responding in both the abs module and pcm so that cant be it (code u11bc) but it still shows permanent in hptuners. All sensors, wiring, and gaskets are installed correctly according to the whipple instructions. I've tried to delete the codes using hp tuners but that doesn't seem to work. Ive tried to reflash the pcm with the same tune but the codes are still there. Maybe I need to take it to the dealer and have them delete?

The battery was weak after the car sat for several months waiting on engine so we thought maybe low voltage while the tune was loaded was the issue but we have since replaced the battery and reinstalled everything. Still having the same issues. Below is a snap shot of the codes we are seeing
DTCs that begin with a U are network error codes. U1XXX are manufacturer specific. I had no definitions for the ones Dodge uses.

But that U0100 is as the image shows: Lost Communication With ECM/PCM "A".

That's a biggie.

With all the work what removing the engine and installing it and all the other stuff a hardness connector may be loose or has suffered a bent pin or some other connection problem.

Or a wiring harness get pinched and damaged.

Time to check the engine/transmission wiring harnesses for any damage and at the same and check all connections to the engine and transmission wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Definitely looking like a connector issue. As stated above, go through every connector meticulously and make sure no pins are bent/broken, make sure the connectors are secured, and check for grounding. It's gonna be a pain but stick with it and you'll find the culprit. Trust me I had a similar issue and it took 3 days to find a chaffed wire.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Most Whipple builds I have seen that were not tuned by someone who has really figured the tunes out, are experiencing the U1424 code which causes limp mode issues.
It can be corrected in the tune, get with someone who has dealt with this issue and it shouldn't be a problem for them.

The fact that you are getting simple to deal with codes like P0420/P0430 and other O2 related codes leads me to believe the tune is not 'complete'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts