SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT 426
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone install either of these products on a white car? Back in Dec 2016 an installer that installs all 3 (XPEL Ultimate, Suntek Ultra and 3M Pro) said absolutely not on a white car. Problems after 6 months.
currently the "best" clear bra? 3M, Xpel, Suntek or Nano fusion? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Has anyone personally installed Suntek on a white car and what have you seen over time?
How about XPEL and 3M Pro.

White and light cars are going to show yellowing the most.... I know all 3 products are probably OK on dark cars.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Had xpel installed on the front/hood of my car (white challenger), no yellowing after 6 months and It's already saved me from at least 3 rock hits that I know of. Worth every penny.

I went with xpel as well because it's a little thicker and can protect a bit more against rocks/etc on the highway. You could also do the xpel bra then have ceramic applied over top if you wanna go crazy. It may help prolong the life of the wrap.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,778 Posts
My car is Contusion Blue and I have it installed on the front 1/3 and some other areas. I have Xpel. I cant provide any guidance on yellowing but it is a great product and well worth the money in my opinion.

· Banned
5,317 Posts
Xpel hands down.
It's the best.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 426
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am doing Ceramic Pro Gold over the entire car.... will that help against yellowing?

Ceramic Pro Gold Life Time warranty. Includes 4 layers of 9H, 1 layer of Light,

1 layer of plastic, 2 layers of Rain on Windshield and front side windows, faces

of wheels coated with Wheel and Caliper.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
406 Posts
Can't really tell you the answer to your question, but an excellent certified vendor on all the products mentioned in this thread resides in Latrobe, PA. I have had them Xpel one of my cars and Ceramic Pro'd on two of my cars. Outstanding quality from thes people. Their name is Blackout Tinting and you can Google them for their phone number. Whatever they would tell you about yellowing Xpel or Ceramic coatings, you can consider their responses as expert testimony.

· Registered
796 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,304 Posts
There is no real "best" as usual, it's about personal preference. I thought the XPEL Ultimate was very noticeable. The Suntek looked more transparent to me. Some say the XPEL has better "healing". I can't say. All I can say is I never got a front end chip with Suntek PPF. I likely just jinxed myself :)

After the Suntek, I did a CQuartz ceramic coating. The installer can get the CQuartz Finest which is not available to the public. Expect to pay about 1 grand for a professional ceramic coating like CQuartz. This includes paint correction but it may cost more if your paint has lots of chips/scratches.

Reactions: nycsrtate

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
27 Posts
My daily driver is white, and has Suntek installed. It has 25k miles on it, and you can't detect any yellowing...yet. I expect it eventually, as they all will do it over time. Since it is my daily, it takes a beating in commuter traffic, and sits outside all day. My Challenger is no where near a daily, and is mostly indoors. I would expect it to last longer without yellowing.

I prefer Suntek to Xpel, especially from an installation standpoint, but I would use either with confidence. I feel that the Suntek is the least "noticeable" of all the films. I haven't had good luck with 3M Ventureshield. It yellowed a noticeable amount in just 2 years. Their Scotchguard film is better against yellowing, but isn't smooth enough...it has an orange peel texture, and looks terrible on a dark car. Their newest film is Scotchguard Pro, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

Suntek or Xpel will serve you well. The key is finding a good installer. If it isn't put on properly, it will look horrible, and it will drive you crazy. It takes skill and finesse to get it on right. Make sure they use precut pieces, and that they aren't cutting anything against the paint.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,778 Posts
I was hung between Suntek and Xpel. My decision ended up with Xpel because they were the only one I found in my area and had an excellent reputation for installation.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
906 Posts
I have Xpel with CQuartz finest.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Reactions: SG.0002

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
256 Posts
Did anyone install either of these products on a white car? Back in Dec 2016 an installer that installs all 3 (XPEL Ultimate, Suntek Ultra and 3M Pro) said absolutely not on a white car. Problems after 6 months.
currently the "best" clear bra? 3M, Xpel, Suntek or Nano fusion? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Has anyone personally installed Suntek on a white car and what have you seen over time?
How about XPEL and 3M Pro.

White and light cars are going to show yellowing the most.... I know all 3 products are probably OK on dark cars.
I’ve got 3M on mine installed August 2019. As of now I have zero issues. Car sits outside as well as traveled the 95 corridor till late 2020 (48k miles). I’m super happy with everything

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.