SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Charger Hellcat 25k miles stock.
Yesterday I was taking my family to a COVID-19 testing site, on the way, was rolling in eco mode at about 45mph steady. All of a sudden, i notice white smoke in my rear view, no blue hue, just white. Pull over in a gas station and engine bay smoking, and a puddle of oil is below car, along with oil sprayed all down passenger side and rear decklid. No idea what this could be. Was towed into dealership yesterday afternoon and they said they would diagnose starting today and let me know "if its covered under warranty ". I don't know in what planet it would not be covered lol, i was cruising with a couple of toddlers. And, its never even seen the drag strip!
Anyways, anyone know of this ever happening?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
542 Posts
The oil cooler and lines are at the passenger side front, right where your issue seems to be. Possibly the oil cooler, the lines or the drain plug.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, I had noticed some oil puddling in my garage, half dollar size. Took it to the dealership, they said they found nothing a couple of months ago. Wonder if this is that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yea oil cooler/lines was my first thought as well. Maybe even as simple as the filter loosened up.
That much oil sprayed on the outside of the hot manifold and/or hot converter would defn make a bunch of white smoke, not so much blue.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
542 Posts
Interesting, I had noticed some oil puddling in my garage, half dollar size. Took it to the dealership, they said they found nothing a couple of months ago. Wonder if this is that.
They oughta be able to find it now. (y)

Gonna state the obvious here, but don't drive it to the dealer.

Let us know.

Best!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha, thanks Blickie. I pulled right over and had chrysler roadside being it in, as its still covered. No one has changed my oil but them, no one has done anything including tire changes but them, so i hope and wish not to expect too much bullshit about the repair, but we all know how that goes.
Thanks again

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,745 Posts
I think I’d be looking around for a different dealer/service dept. myself. Assuming there is more than one to choose from near you. They sound too wishy-washy for my liking.

I’m lucky to be in a Challenger/lCharger club here so the word gets out pretty fast on good and bad dealerships.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats great to have the support! Down in swfla, there are only a handful, and not the pick of the litter, yesterday I got a call in the evening, asking how was my service, and they would like to make an offer on my car, lol. 3rd time this happens with the calls immediately after seeing service. I ha e asked multiple times not to be called about other than service. Not to mention that since we're in the naples area. The like to stick a market mark up on all cars hahaha. Cant wait to move !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,745 Posts
Hahaha, thanks Blickie. I pulled right over and had chrysler roadside being it in, as its still covered. No one has changed my oil but them, no one has done anything including tire changes but them, so i hope and wish not to expect too much bullshit about the repair, but we all know how that goes.
Thanks again
The dealership I go to for my '15 SRT changed out one of my rear half shafts, when the CV boot failed, without batting an eye under the powertrain warranty. The kicker is, I have a 426, lowered and 305’s on the rear. The service manager said “no problem, it’s a part specific failure”.

·
Registered
In The Market
545 Posts
Dodge cares posts here. Always cordial but I have NEVER seen a specific piece of information from them. Pray I never have to work with a Dealer on anything. The 09 R/T was in the Dealer ONE TIME in 11 years. Takata air bag. Change my own oil so I know what is going on down there. Competent Shop. Valaya Racing San Jose.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hear you, I've owned 25 cars, and this is the first time this has happened. Also, the first car I've ever had a dealership do all work and maintenance to lol. I wanted to have a paper trail of all maintenance performed etc, in the event of a warranty claim, given the expensive nature of the repairs of our vehicles. We will see what comes of it.
As far as dodge cares, they started a claim for my Uconnect a couple of weeks ago and have heard back from no one, so.... lol

1 - 20 of 57 Posts