SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new jailbreak on order. I never like shops touching my crap they always **** something up with a scratch here or forget this there crap.

I plan to do all the maintenance myself. I hear I need to keep receipts for all that. Has anyone had an issue with a warranty or anything because you did your own maintenance?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
Keep receipts. Also do your oil changes every 6 months/6k miles and keep those receipts. Even if you dont drive it, do the oil n filter. Waste of money yes but if there's ever an engine failure this is their way out of paying. Cheap insurance. You should be fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in NJ I won’t even let the guys pump my gas. No respect for anyone property. Try leaning on my car or dare get out the window cleaning squeeze there will be trouble.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Keep receipts. Also do your oil changes every 6 months/6k miles and keep those receipts. Even if you dont drive it, do the oil n filter. Waste of money yes but if there's ever an engine failure this is their way out of paying. Cheap insurance. You should be fine.
Suppose I do an oil change on Oct 1, and park it for the winter that same day. Then, six months later, on April 1, take it out of storage, should I changed the oil and filter? Fresh oil was placed in the car, the car sat for six months with zero miles or hours on that oil...I should change the oil because six months?

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Suppose I do an oil change on Oct 1, and park it for the winter that same day. Then, six months later, on April 1, take it out of storage, should I changed the oil and filter? Fresh oil was placed in the car, the car sat for six months with zero miles or hours on that oil...I should changed the oil because six months?
Short answer is yes. Ridiculous but if youre really trying to go by the actual terms of the warranty then yes. Stupid I know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Short answer is yes. Ridiculous but if youre really trying to go by the actual terms of the warranty then yes. Stupid I know.
Well that would apply even if you didn’t do your own change. You’d have to drive it to the dealer for them to change out your new oil.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Well that would apply even if you didn’t do your own change. You’d have to drive it to the dealer for them to change out your new oil.
Which is what I do these days lol. And the service guys always say, “why are you here? We just did this 1000 miles ago”. I always have to tell them that it's been six months and how the warranty works. They just say ok and take my money. I hate it, such a waste all the way around.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which is what I do these days lol. And the service guys always say, “why are you here? We just did this 1000 miles ago”. I always have to tell them that it's been six months and how the warranty works. They just say ok and take my money. I hate it, such a waste all the way around.
How much the dealer charging nowadays for oil changes?

·
Registered
79 Posts
And if an owner is A) determined to do their oil changes themselves, and B) want bullet proof documentation they did it without voiding the warranty, what do they do? Aside from "save your receipts"?

Playing the Dodge claim denial devil for a moment...that's just a receipt for oil. It doesn't show the oil went in your car, or when it allegedly went in your car, or what the mileage was when you supposedly put oil in it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,736 Posts
And if an owner is A) determined to do their oil changes themselves, and B) want bullet proof documentation they did it without voiding the warranty, what do they do? Aside from "save your receipts"?

Playing the Dodge claim denial devil for a moment...that's just a receipt for oil. It doesn't show the oil went in your car, or when it allegedly went in your car, or what the mileage was when you supposedly put oil in it.
Keep an organized log or record like a dedicated notebook with date and mileages for what you do and gluestick the receipts to the opposite page. Completey acceptable way to do this, also mentioned in the OM.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts

One of the mods on another forum actually takes pictures of everything (receipts, oil, filter, etc.) and posts it on the forum - probably the "What did you do today..." thread. I'm sure you could place the receipt on top of today's paper if you're really old school. Make sure to manually enter the info for the oil change in your MOPAR app for a service you've done yourself. I would say this is beyond the normal effort to document the oil change.

You could also do a poor man's patent by sealing the receipt and photos in an envelope and mailing it to yourself. Get that USPS Postmark! I'm content with just receipts, photos, and an entry in the app.

Reactions: beep-beep-vroom

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
How much the dealer charging nowadays for oil changes?
I think it was $110 last time around. For the cost difference it’s worth it for me to not be bothered with receipts and trying to log everything in every time. It’s in their system. Let them do all that. Plus it’ll be on the Carfax I think. Looks good to the geek buyer down the road who worships Carfax.

Reactions: beep-beep-vroom

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,867 Posts
Yes, AND $25/quart for each extra quart since mine was only up to 5 quarts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
89 Posts
Suppose I do an oil change on Oct 1, and park it for the winter that same day. Then, six months later, on April 1, take it out of storage, should I changed the oil and filter? Fresh oil was placed in the car, the car sat for six months with zero miles or hours on that oil...I should change the oil because six months?
I wouldn't bother, denied claims due to oil changes are more of an internet legend than fact. True oil related failures are rare, I'd be happy to fight them in court if need be.

Reactions: SRK

·
Registered
'21 F8 Cat
2,679 Posts
No. I go by the oil percentage meter. No use wasting good oil. In 50 years of driving I have never had a dealership ask me how often I change the oil with warranty issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts