SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd question - does anyone else feel like their car isn’t as fast say after a couple weeks of ownership ? I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my notorious check engine light , that seems to be solved for the time being . I don’t know if im just getting used to the car or not , but it just doesn’t feel like it has that hard pull anymore. I feel like if I punch the throttle it’s a gradual pull almost like it has turbo lag ? Maybe it seems like it won’t downshift in to the Lower gear it should ? Maybe I’m just imaging things, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced something similar after a few weeks of ownership ? Ps- I’ve owned plenty of fast cars before, so maybe that has something to do with it ? Maybe I’m just crazy LOL .. any feedback would be greatly appreciated .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,075 Posts
NO WAY! It takes years, of actual use, to get "used" to it. What car and Mode are you in?????????

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,075 Posts
You need to try SPORT Mode. Your custom could be stuck in ECO or STREET for the transmission. It takes a while to figure those buttons out. I thought the same thing until I realized that it was in ECO Mode as default. When I finally put it in SPORT, it felt like a different car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to try SPORT Mode. Your custom could be stuck in ECO or STREET for the transmission. It takes a while to figure those buttons out. I thought the same thing until I realized that it was in ECO Mode as default. When I finally put it in SPORT, it felt like a different car.
So everything sport ? Or just change the transmission to sport mode ? I’m a little leery of changing the traction/suspension to anything but street LOL

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,075 Posts
Yes, since you may be in some conglomerated mess of a concoction. You MUST do that to make it work normal. At least try STREET first.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
156 Posts
Sounds like your Cat may have an issue. However, I will say that I got used to mine after about a month. And yes I tried all the various modes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like your Cat may have an issue. However, I will say that I got used to mine after about a month. And yes I tried all the various modes.
Wel I jsut had both sets of 02 sensors replaced along with the cat ( right side ) wonder if there could be something going on ? Check engine light is still off thus far ..

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,075 Posts
So in two weeks, you've had O2 sensors replaced, a converter???????? Ok, something in the story MUST be missing. Where do you live? We've had snow and cold, so I won't be able to begin to use any power for months, when I get some good summer tires.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So in two weeks, you've had O2 sensors replaced, a converter???????? Ok, something in the story MUST be missing. Where do you live? We've had snow and cold, so I won't be able to begin to use any power for months, when I get some good summer tires.
Posted a thread a few weeks ago . Basically the car has even in the shop 4 times . 3 times they reset the check engine light and sent me on my way . The fourth time they replaced the 02 sensors and cat right side ( bank 2?) car is just under a month old with 1000 miles on it

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,075 Posts
Ok, I did look and find it. So with a messed up car, I doubt you'll ever feel the "real thing" until that stuff is sorted out. I was assuming all was well with a new car. In WI, our Lemon Law only covers safety related items.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I did look and find it. So with a messed up car, I doubt you'll ever feel the "real thing" until that stuff is sorted out. I was assuming all was well with a new car. In WI, our Lemon Law only covers safety related items.
Call is sue happy .. anything goes lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,075 Posts
Ahhhh. Funny, when looking for mine, I found a LOT of buybacks at one dealer in Phoenix too, and wondered what the heck!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
173 Posts
Yes I'm definitely use to the power of my 717 cat sometimes I feel like I'm driving a scat pak and no offense to any SP owners. Track mode definitely wakes the car up but the draw back is it holds gears longer and uses more fuel obviously no complaints though.

I've used track mode a lot when having fun and doing some pulls with it but I feel like the Cat mostly pulls strong up top in that 120 mph range where it gets exciting. I would like to feel that more down low as well honestly.

I see what you mean OP. If your running a good sticky tire use Sport for traction and street for suspension is fine. Track transmission to impress you the most.

If your doing any hard pulls in an open safe area use the settings I mentioned and put the car in its lowest gear appropriate for a reasonable roll speed you can confidently hook at and let her rip. If you get use to that well then I guess it's time to start modding eventually lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I'm definitely use to the power of my 717 cat sometimes I feel like I'm driving a scat pak and no offense to any SP owners. Track mode definitely wakes the car up but the draw back is it holds gears longer and uses more fuel obviously no complaints though.

I've used track mode a lot when having fun and doing some pulls with it but I feel like the Cat mostly pulls strong up top in that 120 mph range where it gets exciting. I would like to feel that more down low as well honestly.

I see what you mean OP. If your running a good sticky tire use Sport for traction and street for suspension is fine. Track transmission to impress you the most.

If your doing any hard pulls in an open safe area use the settings I mentioned and put the car in its lowest gear appropriate for a reasonable roll speed you can confidently hook at and let her rip. If you get use to that well then I guess it's time to start modding eventually lol.
Yeah I feel like my “ butt dyno “ isn’t quite impressed lol

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
Get that trans out of the lazy mushy street setting.
No need for all out Track mode unless you like a ricer harsh ride.

Custom mode.
Race Trans.
Street suspension.
Street traction.
You're welcome.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Odd question - does anyone else feel like their car isn’t as fast say after a couple weeks of ownership ? I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my notorious check engine light , that seems to be solved for the time being . I don’t know if im just getting used to the car or not , but it just doesn’t feel like it has that hard pull anymore. I feel like if I punch the throttle it’s a gradual pull almost like it has turbo lag ? Maybe it seems like it won’t downshift in to the Lower gear it should ? Maybe I’m just imaging things, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced something similar after a few weeks of ownership ? Ps- I’ve owned plenty of fast cars before, so maybe that has something to do with it ? Maybe I’m just crazy LOL .. any feedback would be greatly appreciated .
my custom set up is - Trans/track Steering/track Traction/sport Suspension/track car holds nothing back but don't be scared of it not like you'll magically lose control been able to take turns at 65-85mph no problem.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts