SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up when you get a VIN and where you are.

Also, Does anyone have a VIN that ordered a moonroof?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
When did you order? I'm a little bummed about that...I wanted a moonroof but skipped it JUST in case. I do have a VIN though...so i'd much rather be sitting with a moon roof-less VIN than no VIN moon roof!
With a Hellcat, shouldn't be hard to evoke some moons, from envious onlookers, just a thought...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GOOD TO KNOW!!! I was worried it was holding me back from getting a VIN.

Is there a place to see WHICH dealerships got allocations? And how many?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
224 Posts
When did you order? I'm a little bummed about that...I wanted a moonroof but skipped it JUST in case. I do have a VIN though...so i'd much rather be sitting with a moon roof-less VIN than no VIN moon roof!
Like most, my order went in on Monday. I took the chance on the moon roof and glad I did. No worries...yours will still go just as fast!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
?????? What happened?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I order Laguna Sepia with the Granite crystal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
That ordering system IS bizarre. When they entered my order last time, Phantom Black Challenger Hellcat, it went to automatic trans, and when they would select black/ruby red interior, then the option for red seat belts would go away. But if they had black interior selected it would enable the red seat belts to pop up and be chosen! (Why should you only be able to get red belts if you DON'T choose the black & ruby seating?!) Then, later, he printed the POC, and I realized it was higher price than expected, and noticed it had the A8, but I always have wanted a six-speed, so I immediately rushed into the GM's office, and pointed out the error, so we started over on his computer, and, to our astonishment, even though it was still Phantom black, and I still selected black/ruby seats, suddently the red seat belts WERE available!!! (How can it only let black/ruby seat buyers with MANUAL trans be able to choose red belts, how weird!?!?)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
999 Posts
That ordering system IS bizarre. When they entered my order last time, Phantom Black Challenger Hellcat, it went to automatic trans, and when they would select black/ruby red interior, then the option for red seat belts would go away. But if they had black interior selected it would enable the red seat belts to pop up and be chosen! (Why should you only be able to get red belts if you DON'T choose the black & ruby seating?!) Then, later, he printed the POC, and I realized it was higher price than expected, and noticed it had the A8, but I always have wanted a six-speed, so I immediately rushed into the GM's office, and pointed out the error, so we started over on his computer, and, to our astonishment, even though it was still Phantom black, and I still selected black/ruby seats, suddently the red seat belts WERE available!!! (How can it only let black/ruby seat buyers with MANUAL trans be able to choose red belts, how weird!?!?)
With the red seats comes the red belts which probably explains why it is not listed given that it's part of the package. Just a glitch that shows it separately on the manual I guess

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
?????? What happened?
I was there when the order went in and was attempted to be changed. I ordered Ivory white, brass, Nav, 3 season, red belts, and he checked off the box that you have to select first to add the Laguna upgrade. Then you have to select which Laguna you want. And it only let him pick black on Monday. Sepia/blk was grayed out. Then Tuesday he tried to update and change it and this time he could select Sepia/blk but then a pop up said you need to chose ruby/blk to pick this. Which just put it back to the standard interior. So I'm probably getting black laguna unless we can change it before it gets a VIN. Crazy huh. Everyone else has had no trouble selecting sepia. But I will ask him to remove the red belts and see if it lets him add the sepia for some weird reason.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
97 Posts
Post up when you get a VIN and where you are.

Also, Does anyone have a VIN that ordered a moonroof?
My Charger HC order went to "D" status with a VIN in one day. The order includes B5, moonroof and Laguna with no markup.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
With the red seats comes the red belts which probably explains why it is not listed given that it's part of the package. Just a glitch that shows it separately on the manual I guess
No, that's not what I was saying. They are separate options, I couldnt' even choose the red belts, when it was an automatic with black/red seats, that option was greyed out and not selectable. Then, when it was an identical car, but with six speed manual trans, I could select the black/red seats AND the red belts (which cost extra). What a strange ordering system!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
No, that's not what I was saying. They are separate options, I couldnt' even choose the red belts, when it was an automatic with black/red seats, that option was greyed out and not selectable. Then, when it was an identical car, but with six speed manual trans, I could select the black/red seats AND the red belts (which cost extra). What a strange ordering system!!!
Ok I see. Wow that's crazy as well. BUT good news!! Your post gave me the idea to have him remove the red belts and then add the sepia and it worked! So if you have my configuration you can't have red belts with sepia. They kind of don't go together anyway color wise so it's fine. And I saved $95, lol. See this is what I love about the forums and community. Brain storming. Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
382 Posts
The Challenger Build Your Vehicle on the website defaulted the Red belts when you chose the Red seats and you could not choose them separately. But for my Charger; the red belts came through as a separate item with a $95 fee.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Ok I see. Wow that's crazy as well. BUT good news!! Your post gave me the idea to have him remove the red belts and then add the sepia and it worked! So if you have my configuration you can't have red belts with sepia. They kind of don't go together anyway color wise so it's fine. And I saved $95, lol. See this is what I love about the forums and community. Brain storming. Thanks!! :D
AWESOME! (Although unbelievable that we have to be sleuths, and 'crack the codes', to allow us to actually order them the way we want, right?!?) Somehow, for some reason, they figure it's not right, for a person with an automatic, to get red/black seats AND red belts. But for a six-speed buyer, naturally that's different, so of course I can get them both together.
Who would have ever guessed?

Reactions: GeneralLee

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
The Challenger Build Your Vehicle on the website defaulted the Red belts when you chose the Red seats and you could not choose them separately. But for my Charger; the red belts came through as a separate item with a $95 fee.
Never imagined it could be so 'strategic', having to pick the right color, or trans, or seats, to get other options enabled!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
Then, when it was an identical car, but with six speed manual trans, I could select the black/red seats AND the red belts (which cost extra). What a strange ordering system!!!
There is no manual trans option for the Charger. That's only for the Challenger. Perhaps that was the difference? Sounds like you're comparing the configurator for two different cars.

EDIT: I see you got your order worked out. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.