SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Quick questions as far as people who have ordered a Durango hellcat or any other limited run vechiles from dodge.

So the story goes like this, ordered my unit the week ordering was opened. Dealer was great below MSRP got my VON and I thought things were going great come early December I see people have already gotten VIN assigned yet I never got anything, try getting a hold of the dealer always tell me they will call back and never do or I call wait on hold for 20 min one time and they never answer. Well I got fed up with it and ordered another one from another dealer early Jan.

How long should it take to get a VIN assigned? Was the first dealership assholes or didn't order one? I'm confused as I thought once you get a VON your order is confirmed. When I ordered my hellcat Charger ordering and updates were smooth and frequent, I believe the 1st dealer either didn't order or Covid has really screwed things up.

Oh and it's now been a month since last contact with first dealer, I was going to call and tell them that order is going to sit but if they don't care for me I don't care for them

Anyways I might potentially have ordered 2 Durango hellcats lol

Also I was offered $50k for my hellcat charger 25k miles is this a fair trade in or am I being low balled? How much have you guys been offered for your rides?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,235 Posts
We ordered ours for MSRP, had a VIN within a month. Ours is shipping Jan 29. Should have it early Feb.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ordered ours for MSRP, had a VIN within a month. Ours is shipping Jan 29. Should have it early Feb.
When did you place your order and how till you got your vin from order date? And you have a ship date already!?!?

Now I'm jealous lol

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat Ordered
13 Posts
Hey guys! Quick questions as far as people who have ordered a Durango hellcat or any other limited run vechiles from dodge.

So the story goes like this, ordered my unit the week ordering was opened. Dealer was great below MSRP got my VON and I thought things were going great come early December I see people have already gotten VIN assigned yet I never got anything, try getting a hold of the dealer always tell me they will call back and never do or I call wait on hold for 20 min one time and they never answer. Well I got fed up with it and ordered another one from another dealer early Jan.

How long should it take to get a VIN assigned? Was the first dealership assholes or didn't order one? I'm confused as I thought once you get a VON your order is confirmed. When I ordered my hellcat Charger ordering and updates were smooth and frequent, I believe the 1st dealer either didn't order or Covid has really screwed things up.

Oh and it's now been a month since last contact with first dealer, I was going to call and tell them that order is going to sit but if they don't care for me I don't care for them

Anyways I might potentially have ordered 2 Durango hellcats lol

Also I was offered $50k for my hellcat charger 25k miles is this a fair trade in or am I being low balled? How much have you guys been offered for your rides?
I ordered my Durango HC 11/10 and I am still in BG status with no VIN, I talk to my dealer every week and just purchase a 2021 Pacifica for the wife, so I hope everything is good on their end. I am hoping to have an update on my order soon and not getting screwed. lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered a Hellcat the day the order banks opened up on 11/6, and received a VIN a few weeks later. My last update was that my Durango would be shipped 1/19, which clearly didn't happen.

Skip trying to get an update from your dealer and contact Dodge customer service directly via their chat function here. You'll just need to give them your VON and they'll look up your order. I reached out to them yesterday and was told that my truck is currently waiting on parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You'll have to add specifics of your Charger, but that seems in the right ballpark for a Hellcat. I'll be trading in my 2019 Durango SRT with 9,000 miles which should trade for around $54k. I took it to CarMax last month and they lowballed me at $51k, so hoping the stealership can give me a bit more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, just being able to find the Durango HC from a dealer willing to sell at MSRP is amazing ...all the dealers I have been to are marking up (highest has been $15k from what I was told)...I’m hoping that some of these dealers order the Durango HC with their specific specs and sell at MSRP

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, just being able to find the Durango HC from a dealer willing to sell at MSRP is amazing ...all the dealers I have been to are marking up (highest has been $15k from what I was told)...I’m hoping that some of these dealers order the Durango HC with their specific specs and sell at MSRP
The first dealership I went to wanted $15k over, and dropped it down to "only" $10k because I was a repeat customer. I laughed my way out of the door and down to another dealership that was doing MSRP and ordered the same day.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,572 Posts
Don't hold your breath ;)

I'd even be advising that in a time of no pandemic. FCA is notorious for holding large groups of first runs to review them for QA/QC.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,235 Posts
Don't hold your breath ;)

I'd even be advising that in a time of no pandemic. FCA is notorious for holding large groups of first runs to review them for QA/QC.
Not holding my breath, just reporting what we've been told. The media has had these vehicles for the last 2 months now doing reviews and I've already seen one at the drag strip last week owned by a private individual.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The first dealership I went to wanted $15k over, and dropped it down to "only" $10k because I was a repeat customer. I laughed my way out of the door and down to another dealership that was doing MSRP and ordered the same day.
Lol I wish I was in the same area. I bought my Charger HCWB from Koons and they even said $5k over MSRP smh...the dealer that said $15k over, I said I’d never come back to do any kind of service or purchase anything (not even a bottle water)...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered my Durango HC 11/10 and I am still in BG status with no VIN, I talk to my dealer every week and just purchase a 2021 Pacifica for the wife, so I hope everything is good on their end. I am hoping to have an update on my order soon and not getting screwed. lol
  • BA: New order that hasn't been checked
  • BB: Review by fleet department
  • BD: Special equipment processing
  • BE: Edit error
  • BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
  • BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
  • BX: Passed edit available for schedule
The forum has a order status link: (12) Dodge SRT Hellcat Order Status Codes | SRT Hellcat Forum

Based on BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule, I would talk with FCA via phone or chat to determine what "n/a for schedule " means. Maybe someone on here knows.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just a lurker but I ordered on 11/13 (actually tried first day at one dealership but they had no clue and came back with adm), still in D - firm scheduled. (waiting on some parts still)

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat Ordered
13 Posts
  • BA: New order that hasn't been checked
  • BB: Review by fleet department
  • BD: Special equipment processing
  • BE: Edit error
  • BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
  • BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
  • BX: Passed edit available for schedule
The forum has a order status link: (12) Dodge SRT Hellcat Order Status Codes | SRT Hellcat Forum

Based on BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule, I would talk with FCA via phone or chat to determine what "n/a for schedule " means. Maybe someone on here knows.
I spoke with them today and "N/A for Schedule" is its not ready for schedule yet, they are sending my file to the production info department to get more details. i hope to hear back from them soon.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
265 Posts
Not holding my breath, just reporting what we've been told. The media has had these vehicles for the last 2 months now doing reviews and I've already seen one at the drag strip last week owned by a private individual.
What drag strip did you see it at? If it was Houston, that was a press vehicle.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,235 Posts
What drag strip did you see it at? If it was Houston, that was a press vehicle.
It was in Texas, posted on Facebook. Green Durango Hellcat. It was posted by a performance shop.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts