SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
16 Posts
I have a smile on my face every time I start her up. This is my second Hellcat. First one I had was while in Colorado. Could only drive it a few months out of the year and even then had to watch out for the rogue hail storm. Got rid of 2017 HC as it sat in the garage most of the year and really regretted doing so. In the back of my mine was some day I'll get another one.

Moved to Florida and saw a used 2020 Challenger HCWB sitting in the showroom floor. Only 3064 miles on it. My wife knew it was my dream car. Getting ready to retire and didn't need a car payment. But could not say no. This was last December, just before the insane used car pricing. So went back and got it. As pointed out, lucky here in Florida can drive it every day. And I take it out often. It is such a joy to drive. I don't think there is anything I don't like about it. I'm 6'4" and this one has no sunroof. My first one did and that was the only thing I didn't like about it.

Saw this post and it made my think about just how much I really enjoy the car. My wife doesn't fully understand it but she knows just how much I enjoy going out and driving it. Now that I am retired as of last Friday. Can't wait for the road trips as the journey is as fun if not more fun than the destination.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Christmas tree

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
I have a smile on my face every time I start her up. This is my second Hellcat. First one I had was while in Colorado. Could only drive it a few months out of the year and even then had to watch out for the rogue hail storm. Got rid of 2017 HC as it sat in the garage most of the year and really regretted doing so. In the back of my mine was some day I'll get another one.
Beautiful colour - I really love Frostbite. Congratulations on your retirement.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don’t know how you guys in the northern and snowy states do it. I grew up in Kansas City and remember all that. I don’t have to worry about winter wheels or storage… thank god… I love that I get to enjoy them all year round.

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I love Kentucky, but hate the winters. They are USUALLY mild but it's still winter. I don't plan on moving south even though I could, I'll just spend some time down there when it's frozen here.
The time when it's cold just seems like days thrown away, wasted.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,136 Posts
And the looks…the attitude and F-off look of a coupe that just happens to have an extra set of doors.
Isn't there a name for that type of car?
Sedan...taxi...something along those lines. Whatever, I'd just turn the couch around.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,489 Posts
Meh. The engine and transmission are good. Everything else sucks.
Damn some people are hard to please. Personally I wouldnt want some refined euro type interior or even exterior. It would clash with the entire idea of what these cars are. They have done a stellar job in keeping with the exact spirit of real American muscle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn some people are hard to please. Personally I wouldnt want some refined euro type interior or even exterior. It would clash with the entire idea of what these cars are. They have done a stellar job in keeping with the exact spirit of real American muscle.
Exactly. I didn’t wait for the CT5 Blackwing because I wasn’t going for sport/luxury sedan, even though the Blackwing is by most accounts an amazing car. I believe it too, it’s just not what I was looking for. I wanted unrefined muscle and that’s what the V8s/Hellcats are. It’s not something you can logically explain, because anything muscle/sport/luxury is not a logical choice anyways, no matter what anyone may argue. It’s all about the want and this car is exactly what I wanted!

P.S. If money were not an issue, I’d also have a first gen Jaguar F-Type S six speed in British racing green. I appreciate all enthusiast cars! If I can only have one though, it’s the one I have now.

·
Registered
KZX(Delivered to Dealer): 21 WB HC Charger
135 Posts

Moved to Florida and saw a used 2020 Challenger HCWB sitting in the showroom floor. Only 3064 miles on it. My wife knew it was my dream car. Getting ready to retire and didn't need a car payment. But could not say no. This was last December, just before the insane used car pricing. So went back and got it. As pointed out, lucky here in Florida can drive it every day. And I take it out often. It is such a joy to drive. I don't think there is anything I don't like about it. I'm 6'4" and this one has no sunroof. My first one did and that was the only thing I didn't like about it.

Saw this post and it made my think about just how much I really enjoy the car. My wife doesn't fully understand it but she knows just how much I enjoy going out and driving it. Now that I am retired as of last Friday. Can't wait for the road trips as the journey is as fun if not more fun than the destination.

View attachment 583637
Congratulations on your retirement. I look forward to being in your position 30 years from now.

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,510 Posts
Nail on the head slow

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
16 Posts
Yes looking forward to retirement. And our running motto is "everyday is Saturday". Which works perfect in the plan because I love taking the HC out on Saturdays!!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,536 Posts
I always feel bad for you guys in snowy climates! Here in FL we get to enjoy our cars year round which is amazing.

I’m 37 so I didn’t get to experience the OG muscle car age. The Chargers I’ve owned (on my fifth and likely final one) have given me a glimpse of what I imagine it was like back in the day but with better reliability, safety, efficiency, and practicality. Especially the Hellcats and Redeyes. Way too much power but so much fun trying to tame it! The noise…that’s worth some money right there…the car makes me smile without even having to be going fast. Be on the throttle just right and you get the supercharger, or a slightly different way and you get the exhaust. Awesome! And the looks…the attitude and F-off look of a coupe that just happens to have an extra set of doors. Love it!
Some of us still enjoy our cars all year. Daily drive my Hellcat all year here in PA. Got tired of wasting $ on cars that sit half the year so, instead of another Vette, got the Hellcat...now I'm trying to add a C8Z to the Hellcat LOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
This Sunday is 3 weeks since the accident. I sooo miss my car, I even was going to take hay bales from the barn and put them in the shape so that when I put the car cover on, it would at least kinda look like my baby was still here .... absolutely sucks. I have been looking but that was truly my dream car.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
This Sunday is 3 weeks since the accident. I sooo miss my car, I even was going to take hay bales from the barn and put them in the shape so that when I put the car cover on, it would at least kinda look like my baby was still here .... absolutely sucks. I have been looking but that was truly my dream car.
Well, don't drink any Absinthe.

·
Registered
16 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
1,022 Posts
Just hit 30k smiles when I took a little spin on Thanksgiving! Except for a recent PO62A code which I'm getting the fuel pump replaced under warranty, this car has been absolutely perfect! What can I say that hasn't been said above. I love driving it, washing it , working on it and just staring at it! I live in WY and as long as the roads are dry I'm driving her, year round, rocking the PS4 AS tires!
Automotive design Automotive lighting Personal luxury car Gas Vehicle

21 - 40 of 65 Posts