SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

why a green supersharger belt

31697 Views 58 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  upnorthstar
so as the title says what advantage is there changing over to the heavy duty green belt.
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Green is magic!
It'll make your car go Fassster;):p:cool:

Linda :)
Reactions: 5
OK
The Green belts are a better quality and are made stronger.
Linda :)
Reactions: 2
They help to support the Obama Administrations plan to make the world more "green"
the question I have is I haven't heard of any failing on the stock belt?
We are going Green... (Global Warming)
most of the time when you see a green gates belt, it is an indication that a belt selection for a different length has been made, because the upper / lower pulley sizes have been changed.
Rwhite692
That is correct !!!
IT IS because of changes for more power
I had green belts used for my Kenne Bell srt8 race car.
Of course they work well in my Hell Cat !
9.71 ET no problems !!
Just Fassst Fun !
Linda:)
The green belts are the Gates HD series, which is the premium performance belt. As mentioned, it is both stronger and grippier, making it both durable and quiet.
While HC's are not as susceptible to some of the blower drive issues that plague other supercharged cars, this belt is a good choice if you can stand to look at it.
The green belts are the Gates HD series, which is the premium performance belt. As mentioned, it is both stronger and grippier, making it both durable and quiet.
While HC's are not as susceptible to some of the blower drive issues that plague other supercharged cars, this belt is a good choice if you can stand to look at it.
It is one ugly belt indeed! Too bad they had to make it forest green!
History. Some 2015's immediately after delivery showed some indications on the original belts. The indication was never exactly determined to be wear, age, cracking or any number of causes. The fix was to go to a better made and proven belt.
I thought Gates offered same in black?
I thought Gates offered same in black?
Wish they did!! SLEEPER
I'm pretty sure you can get the same heavy duty belts in black. There is a thread somewhere on here with all of the part numbers and lengths.
When it's time for mine, I'll be putting a black one on.
any body know for sure? (black)
When I get to that point - it will either be black or the stock one. Can't stand the look of the green, and as said, it looks stock so unless someone is in the know and takes a caliper to the pulley..."its stock" haha
I do know that when you get on it hard then let off the gas it will squeal with the metco pulley.
I do know that when you get on it hard then let off the gas it will squeal with the metco pulley.
The Green Gates Belt?
Instead of buying a Tesla or a Prius I thought I would do my bit for the environment and fit a green belt
Watching...
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.