SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,412 Posts
Also, who has time to look out the roof when racing? The "R" in SRT isn't for "really expensive roof-hole".
Racing? Heck, at the speeds I drive on our twisty roads, I don't have time to look at much of anything except the road ahead.
It'd probably be different if cruising the boulevard, but there aren't any around here. And even if there was, I wouldn't do it. Okay, maybe in a Unimog. They're meant to be driven slowly.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
LMAO, the stealerships would add a built in blow up doll in the passenger seat if enough people ordered the option. When I looked for my Challengers they only had a few criteria in the search.
The RT Scat Pack just needed to be black and have no stripes and no sunroof.
The SRT Hellcat needed all of the above in addition to a 6 speed. (I did not like the paddle shifters).
My money, my choice, my car.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,114 Posts
Right....why they would add a sunroof that adds 190 pounds to the top of the car and destroys road handling and adds 2 seconds to your 1/4 mile time because I have to open it to wear a helmet is beyond me. It is kinda handy to get out of the car though...after I pull it in the trailer for the ride home.

Ok I'm joking....I like my sunroof...

Reactions: Club Drew

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
604 Posts
Most people don’t drag race the car anyway so it matters not.
True, and even less autocross or road race.

Hard parking and talking about how much you paid, how few miles it has, and what the spec sheets claim is a horrible way to "use" a Hellcat.

But, have a sunroof? Good for you, I suppose.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
275 Posts
While I wait to order my 2021 HCWB,
damn, gotta love a newb, that DOESNT even have said car (yet, supposedly), crapping all over those that do, and whatever options other people choose to purchase.
BTW- dealers order them (them being sunroofs, which are by industry considered a value added option) because of the fact that buyers are far more prone to purchase non-base tier cars, particularly in this pricing range.

I guess the user name checks out!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
44 Posts
1st time at track. Staging lane with A/C off so no dripping water. Windows and sunroof open ......hot day trying to get some air. Put helmet on. Pulled in water box, shut windows
Take off. At around 100mph, felt a draft.....guess what I didn’t shut......u guessed it, the damn sunroof.
Felt like car getting light, so I got out of it before crossing the finish. Still ran [email protected]

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin Dodge Charger Widebody
22 Posts
While I wait to order my 2021 HCWB, I've been examining the 2020 Redeye WB options at the local dealers. Maybe it's because these are the ones they still have left on the lot, but why the hell would a dealer order a muscle car, designed for drag racing, with a damn sunroof? I've had these things on several daily drivers, and you NEVER use the damn sunroof. It has none of the feel of a convertible, and all it does is add weight and another location for rubber seals to weather and let water into your car.

I really wish it wasn't even an option on the Redeye. Just so dealers would stop ordering models with the damn thing installed. Sorry, this turned into a rant, but it bugs me....

Instead of bitching about it, why don't you simply order WTF you want?

Hell I custom ordered my ride, got exactly what I wanted and got the discount every other dealer told me I could not get and I have a sunroof....

·
Registered
2020 White Charger Hellcat w Black Leather/Alcantara Interior, Black Roof, Red Calipers & HK Stereo
30 Posts
I had a Panoramic Sunroof on my 300 and loved it. I actually opened it every Friday as I was leaving work, lowered my windows and cranked my stereo to 38 all the way home. Also used it on Sundays to and from when wifey and I would go have lunner and then go to mass.
Since the Charger does not offer the Panoramic, I really did not want to pay 1500 bucks for half the glass. But I did get the Black Roof; which I love.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One more vote for the sunroof here. I use it for all the positions....shade open/closed, flipped up, and all the way open.
Mainly if I feel like I want a touch more umph, I’ll have the a/c off and the sunroof is my breeze since I leave windows rolled up all or most the way.
no brainer for me...car is for fun and not simply a drag car.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can't stand the sunroof either. Mostly because I'm 6'4". My hair touches the headliner and when I put a helmet on, I have to lean forward and slightly to the right for it to clear the edge of the sunroof. This puts a huge strain on my neck and really hurts after only a couple of runs.

When I was rear-ended, my forehead hit the front edge of the sunroof and left a big rug burn. Luckily I didn't have any more serious neck injuries as a result of that. My next Charger will have to have NO sunroof. Its a deal killer to me if there is a sunroof. I prefer to buy one used without a sunroof, but If I can't find anything in my price range, I may be forced to order a new one to get what I want. But that will cost me $20K more than a used one.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
Hate to disagree with OP BUT...I love a sunroof. In fact if anyone has an ‘18 CHC with at least as much whp as I have and has a sunroof but wishes they didn’t have one, I am open to an even trade. PM me if interested...😉

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
214 Posts
Obliviously everyone has different opinions. I loathe them. The only ones I ever had were on lot cars that I had no choice.
I’ve walked away from cars and ordered them to wait months just not to have it. Another place to leak. Another place to rattle.
I am however in south Florida and living here for 30+ years I don’t think I’ve ever been in a car anyone was driving with one open. It’s hot enough. Generally people here don’t want more heat and humidity.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
571 Posts
Hate to disagree with OP BUT...I love a sunroof. In fact if anyone has an ‘18 CHC with at least as much whp as I have and has a sunroof but wishes they didn’t have one, I am open to an even trade. PM me if interested...😉
Aftermarket with lifetime warranty = $1000

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
Aftermarket with lifetime warranty = $1000
Interesting - I never thought of that to be honest. Only prob is I’m poor and have a ballbuster wife and right now I am in need of a SC rebuild so the next bit of cash I spend will be on a Jokerz race rebuild and port - but hey thanks for the idea, I may look at that down the road. I too plan to keep ‘ol Bessie for a while.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts