SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,745 Posts
Rain sensing wipers and auto high beam for challengers? Sure, for chargers though? Nahhhh
Both useless options on Challengers imo. Two of my prior Challengers (2015 & 16) had them and in both cars they were useless. Ordered my '20 RE without them, never again.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
947 Posts
While I wait to order my 2021 HCWB, I've been examining the 2020 Redeye WB options at the local dealers. Maybe it's because these are the ones they still have left on the lot, but why the hell would a dealer order a muscle car, designed for drag racing, with a damn sunroof? I've had these things on several daily drivers, and you NEVER use the damn sunroof. It has none of the feel of a convertible, and all it does is add weight and another location for rubber seals to weather and let water into your car.

I really wish it wasn't even an option on the Redeye. Just so dealers would stop ordering models with the damn thing installed. Sorry, this turned into a rant, but it bugs me....
Imagine how boring the world would be if everyone in it hated sunroofs on Hellcats.

Reactions: Club Drew

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
947 Posts
When the moment presents itself, I steer with my knee and give tailgaitors the double bird up through my sunroof. If I have a passenger, the quadruple bird. Priceless!

Reactions: Club Drew

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,091 Posts
Both useless options on Challengers imo. Two of my prior Challengers (2015 & 16) had them and in both cars they were useless. Ordered my '20 RE without them, never again.
Have had rain sensing wipers on a number of cars and my 2020 Scat Pack is no different. Since I drive in rain once in a while it is nice to just let the rain sensor control the wiper speed. Eliminates the need to have to adjust the wiper speed as the rain fall changes or the windshield gets a good spray from a passing big rig.

Like the auto dimming mirror feature, too.

Have not had the auto head light dimming feature.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
572 Posts
Have had rain sensing wipers on a number of cars and my 2020 Scat Pack is no different. Since I drive in rain once in a while it is nice to just let the rain sensor control the wiper speed. Eliminates the need to have to adjust the wiper speed as the rain fall changes or the windshield gets a good spray from a passing big rig.

Like the auto dimming mirror feature, too.

Have not had the auto head light dimming feature.
Auto headlight just flashes high beam on dark roads with no traffic and flips to low beam when it detects light.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts