SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my trans took a crap. Pricing out a new trans I’m like WTF. So I did some research and found they don’t really make any parts for the HP90 just better clutch’s and you can stack more. I don’t think they are putting new valve body’s in these things that’s the only explanation of cost.

I got all new Alto and steels from Alto.
Waiting on tools the pump bolts feel hollow or aluminum
5CDE202F-5330-42D5-83E6-E97CC030F119.jpeg
19A2C370-24C1-4EFF-9F68-3220091FFF0B.jpeg
46139D8B-5C52-4383-AC20-E6AAC222EDAC.jpeg
CBBFFE90-EE8B-44F1-9C0F-AF753479F941.jpeg
978FC349-86EF-4CF3-A671-28282D708045.jpeg
1D63D75D-B39B-4E3D-AB94-EDF74B22FCA4.jpeg
2BF2AA6A-CF94-4802-A1F5-128D7432C0B5.jpeg
440C1BE5-D442-4C84-AC8B-41444BC9C3CC.jpeg
72C73703-0548-4E4C-A6EF-8F9B4ED4C02E.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
664 Posts
How many runs?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,933 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are companies rebuilding these and making aftermarket clutch packs.

These guys are building the upgraded HP90 for Dusterhoff tuning.
CORRECT
the clutch packs are from Alto.
there is NO hard parts besides clutch's you can get so I don't get the price price tag these places are getting. and i will say this trans is easier than a 200r4 or a 4l80e to do

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was the trans tuned?

R.K.
yes but the trans was also beat on not the tune.

I'm just asking how these trans cost so much to rebuild when all you can basically do is clutches that you can buy for 500 bucks for the Alto's

this is not why my trans went i know why .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,232 Posts
yes but the trans was also beat on not the tune.

I'm just asking how these trans cost so much to rebuild when all you can basically do is clutches that you can buy for 500 bucks for the Alto's

this is not why my trans went i know why .
Please tell us why it went out for anyone in the future searching this topic.

R.K.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please tell us why it went out for anyone in the future searching this topic.

R.K.
I beat my car. i drive it hard. makes well over 1000 hp. i let it auto down shift. i drive it in street mode most of the time.

this trans needs more clutches. thats what Alto's new packs do they add more

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
664 Posts
Koline steels and additional frictions are a decent upgrade cause the ZF’s warp from heat ...usually worst case scenario is the shells blow apart, the snap ring grooves seem to be weak link which is why the protector tool a must; eventually the aftermarket will offer hardened shells and input shafts, good news is the valve bores seem to be holding up from spool leaks under 10k...big picture is it’s an awesome unit!!! even if it has to be swept up off the track/street I wouldn’t say boo...for now it’s best to pre-source a couple 90 cores to keep in the corner for hard parts...sadly there will always be salvage donors to be had

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koline steels and additional frictions are a decent upgrade cause the ZF’s warp from heat ...usually worst case scenario is the shells blow apart, the snap ring grooves seem to be weak link which is why the protector tool a must; eventually the aftermarket will offer hardened shells and input shafts, good news is the valve bores seem to be holding up from spool leaks under 10k...big picture is it’s an awesome unit!!! even if it has to be swept up off the track/street I wouldn’t say boo...for now it’s best to pre-source a couple 90 cores to keep in the corner for hard parts...sadly there will always be salvage donors to be had
I have all the clutchs and steels from Alto.
i'm just saying what these places are charging is stupid money. they are easy to do

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know you have to replace the pump bolts and pan bolts.
'I'm dropping off my pan today Jeff @ Late Model Throttle id going to make one out of billet that holds more fluid and will be selling them

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
664 Posts
To answer your original question, because they can!...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,138 Posts
I may be interested in one of those billet pans.
Can you pass me his info?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,148 Posts
I own a M6 Cat but I use this in my P/U. There are a few options in there line I would call the Tech line and talk to a guru about the choices

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
615 Posts
To answer your original question, because they can!...
They can because this community more often than not has more dollars than sense when it comes to pretty much everything about these cars.

It's the Hellcat tax.

It is a combination of capitalism and betrayal of trust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts