SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did Dodge, or whoever is in charge, debadge the 2021 Hellcat Challengers? I just can't come up with any reason whatsoever. Can any of you guys give me a reason that doesn't boil down to a shoulder shrug or "drugs, don't do 'em."?
2021 HC side.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,143 Posts
Must be a website glitch as the build sheet shows the badges.

2021, 717hp car

2C3CDZC96MH533086

Black Grille with Bezel
Body Color Fascias
Dual Scoop Hood
Body Color Door Handles
SRT Hellcat Exterior Badges
Satin Black Rear Spoiler
Bright SRT Hellcat Fender Badge
Active Exhaust
Dual Rear Exhaust w/Bright Tips

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
It’s a web problem I think in the past few days the fender emblems have come and gone from the hellcats I built on the Dodge web page.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When the cat is on the fender the fromt caliper still shows Brembo in big letters and when the cat hasn’t been on the fender the front caliper shows SRT in big letters as it should for 21

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't understand why a company as big as any of the big 3 have websites so intellectually ergonomic as a spiked ball clamp.

·
Registered
109 Posts
With as many people that de-badge their cars anyway, Dodge should just make all badges optional. Will save the owners the time of de-badging and will make Dodge more money selling the ones people want.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,803 Posts
I can't understand why a company as big as any of the big 3 have websites so intellectually ergonomic as a spiked ball clamp.
Lowest bidder gets the job ........

" Skilled labour is never cheap
cheap labour is. Never skilled"

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
Agree with website glitch but if they officially do that at some point they will probably build it into a "theft deterrence package" that people would wind up paying for....

Reactions: Hellcatski

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
489 Posts
Idea would be theft deterrent. Like they used to steal emblems off expensive cars Rolls-Royce or whatever then they had to make hood ornament drop under the hood so they stop stealing it. Maybe they think if it doesn’t say hellcat the idiots won’t steal it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,040 Posts
I just can't come up with any reason whatsoever. Can any of you guys give me a reason that doesn't boil down to a shoulder shrug or "drugs, don't do 'em."?
As Parshooter pointed out, it would make life easier for those of us who don't want to advertise.
It's much easier to festoon a vehicle after the fact.

I suppose that the ideal solution would be to include whatever badges in a box in the trunk, like the pedal covers.

Reactions: PurpleCat16

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,928 Posts
It’s a sleeper! A friend, who’s a regular jokester, recently got a Redeye then proceeded to de-badged everything. He re-badged it as an SXT+++

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,040 Posts
Dang. I didn't know that there were any SXT badges. Another thing to put on the Amazon wish list.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why would anyone pay $85K for a Challenger Redeye and not want it to look high-end and unique? I don't get the view that badging is in poor taste or that badging shows some kind of need for recognition. Does the M5 owner pry off the M5 badge so that his $120K car looks like a $50K 528? Does the ZO6 owner pull off the ZO6 badging so that it looks like a Grand Sport? Why would you pull off the Hellcat Redeye emblem and replace it with an SXT? So it's a sleeper???? You might as well not wash it and take a hammer to it. Then you could really sleep it up.

I love my Challenger Redeye WB that stickered at $97K, but there's not much, other than the wide fenders and badging, to distinguish it from a $35K Challenger V6. I get that the engine, supercharger, coolers, and go fast stuff is where Dodge sunk all of the money, but my wish is that Dodge would sex up the body a bit more on the Hellcats. It's a very expensive car. Make it look like one.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,040 Posts
In my case, I would not have bought a 'Cat if it looked much different than an SXT. Same with the Trackhawk. In a darker color it looks a lot like any old Grand Cherokee. Well, once the badges are gone.

Porsche makes it easier, as they can be ordered without model specific badging. That's how my girlfriend's 911 Turbo S looks much like a $101,000 version, instead of the $207,000 (base price) car it is.

If we were inclined to make it known to the world what our cars cost, or that they're somehow special, it'd be easy enough to tape the window stickers to a rear side window.
But that wouldn't make them any quicker, faster, or better handling. Just like badges don't.

Maybe it's selfish, but we bought our vehicles for us to enjoy, not for the benefit of others. And one nice side effect of keeping a low profile is that people aren't as eager to want to race. Also, it helps staying under the radar with police, no pun intended.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jimmy, a reasonable response. I mentioned price only to point out that the Hellcat Redeye WB cars are relatively expensive, but are not visually differentiated from the base model, other than fenders, badging, and some very specific minor details. I don't drive around with the window sticker on the car, but I'd like to see some additional visual appeal for the extra coin spent. I love the engine, the brutal acceleration, and the amazing speeds that are so quickly attainable. Additionally, I think the cornering and braking are great for a street car and I was pleasantly surprised with that. But for $80-$90K, I'd like to see larger tires on the rear with integrated, wider fender flares, a larger rear spoiler, possibly front strakes, and maybe a carbon fiber hood on the Redeye WB. Some may not like that stuff, but I do.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,040 Posts
It's a good thing we're all different, isn't it, Bradsredeye?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts