SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so everybody - I tested my 0-60 times in my ScatPack Widebody. Best of 4.5 with wheel spin, and tires aired up to 49lbs. Is the 49lbs correct? Should I air them down?

Overall I’m happy, my brother in-law’s Hellcat 6 speed does consistent 4.5-4.4 range on the street, and I’m certain if I get my launch down I can cut him from a light :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,716 Posts
Call your dealer and tell him you're gonna complain to FCA that he failed to lower your tire pressure, you could have hit a pothole and blown it out or broke something. Damn aggravating do nothing dealers. I'm curious, did he charge you a dealer prep fee? I'd ask for a refund.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,716 Posts
Haha, ok I'll retract my dealer rant if true.

·
Registered
In The Market
127 Posts
When I bought my Scat Pack back in 2015 my PSI was set to 50, had the dealer adjust that before I signed the papers. My fastest 0-60 has been 4.3 seconds.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,716 Posts
True, Brampton sets all tires on all cars at max sidewall pressure. This is to help prevent damage and flat spotting in shipping and while stored on dealer lot. When the car is sold and is prepped for delivery to customer, they are supposed to lower to placard pressure as shown on the door jamb sticker but almost all dealers just do not bother and should be called out on it especially since FCA pays them to do this and they also usually tack on an extra dealer prep fee and they still don't do it! Ok rant off, sorry!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Call your dealer and tell him you're gonna complain to FCA that he failed to lower your tire pressure, you could have hit a pothole and blown it out or broke something. Damn aggravating do nothing dealers. I'm curious, did he charge you a dealer prep fee? I'd ask for a refund.

They did not air them down, I was surprised to see it that high. Which is why I asked, and I did get charged a fee. I will be calling them tomorrow as I drove the car on a 400 mile toad trip, had no clue it was thy high. Picked the car up and drove - next time I’ll double check everything myself.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
647 Posts
so everybody - I tested my 0-60 times in my ScatPack Widebody. Best of 4.5 with wheel spin, and tires aired up to 49lbs. Is the 49lbs correct? Should I air them down?

Overall I’m happy, my brother in-law’s Hellcat 6 speed does consistent 4.5-4.4 range on the street, and I’m certain if I get my launch down I can cut him from a light :)
I gotta say that's kinda low...this is my FIRST RWD car let alone this much HP. My real decent first try was a 3.9 and that was rolling into it and hammering it at 10mph. No burn out either.
He has to be able to do better than that. BUT mine is on Nitto DR's, maybe he's stuck with the shit all season stock tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got 3.8 in my 19 widebody but could not be sure if I was on a hill so today I got on a flat even road launched at 2000 rpms let it roll for a few feet then hammered it. I shifted right before it redlined and it was a wrap the tires hooked up perfectly I changed my shift light to 6250 instead of 6000 in first I managed to get 4.0 seconds flat and I have a six speed. The next run I shifted out of first late and managed to get a 4.6 still minimum tire spin oh I had it in track mode with the sport traction. I feel like the car with sport traction on pulls better traction off it is ridiculous too tho but not good for launching in my opinion too much power. Track traction doesn't let me step out. You have to respect the car with the traction control off you though or you may end up in heaven hell or whatever you believe in if you don't because one day you may forget it's off hammer it trying pass someone or turning corner and it will be you that car and the paramedics lol.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I hit 5.4 with m6 cat, 40 deg out, and worn stock perellis. Previous owners best was 7.6 0-60 and best quarter mile was 16.4 sec :ROFLMAO:. Don't know if that can be cleared though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
52 Posts
Stock with hellcat airbox, red-eye tube and a k and n drop in. Standard launched at 2,700 hardly any spin got it to 3.9 with all season 305's was my best time so far. When I first got the car I hit 4.2 then dropped it down to 4.1 for a while. I've always used the same road around the time same of day or night.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
180 Posts
I have 315s on my 392 (DWS06) and I can't get any better times than when I had my 245s. I just break them loose too easily. I've been tempted to start in second gear and give it a shot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts