SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Widebody Ordering - Production Delays

83816 Views 1131 Replies 86 Participants Last post by  B5Cat
Looking for some insight on the current factory delays with 2018 widebody orders.

My girlfriend and I both placed orders on two A8 widebodys on 11/30/17. We got our sequential VINs within 2 weeks. Cars have been stuck in D-status since then with no movement. Dealer told us 6-8 weeks until delivery, I understood that was just an estimate but after 11 weeks there has been no movement. This seems to be a common issue with others as well. I contacted SRT customer care & they gave me an interesting response..

"Please be advised, due to the special build of the Widebody SRT Challenger's the plant is only building four (4); Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebodys a day. Due to the unprecedented demand for this vehicle the order to delivery timing has been extended to accommodate these orders. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in 4-8 weeks for an update."

Just curious who else is in the same boat and if anyone has any other information what's actually going at Brampton with these builds. I recall there was a factory shutdown during January but outside of that, these delays are getting slightly excessive.
1 - 20 of 1132 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
120 Posts
I read on another thread and then had my dealership reach out to SRT that the new day one production date for M6 will be early March. So if you ordered an M6 then that is the next planned production date. I ordered my Widebody with M6 on August 17th and others have been waiting even longer than I have. If your car is A8 then I would just be patient as you will most likely get your car sooner than I will.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
183 Posts
Must be a parts shortage for the fender flairs or something stupid. Demons seem to be taking forever to be built as well. Maybe by July I’ll get mine or maybe it will be a 2019. Sure hope this improves.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm curious to know if anyone has taken delivery of an ordered WB yet.. and if so when did they order?

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I know of at least 4 members that ordered and received their widebody hellcats. Typical turn around time was 5-6 months. Mine was ordered on 07/31 and delivered in January.
Gotcha, well that sounds like 1 solid day of production at Brampton haha.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered my A8 WB early July and picked it up on Halloween. 6-8 weeks turnaround is an over-promise for sure.
100% agreed that the given timeline is an over promise. My issue/question is less about that, and more about the lack of progress on the vehicle & slow build rate.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
11/18/2017 was a Saturday; so maybe it happened that day, or the next business day?
That's awesome man, very happy for you.. so you ordered on the 18th & got a build sticker. Hopefully it's delivered soon!

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
was just told today that my status changed and it at the point that the car
will be built within 30 days wb m6
looks like things are turning around
That's awesome. Did they push you to D-status?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
323 Posts
I was in D status
for some reason they would not tell me what status I was changed to
but he said the status I am in is it will be build within 30 days could be this week, next week, or in 4 weeks
so I take it I am in D 1
hopefully I will find out more in a few weeks

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was in D status
for some reason they would not tell me what status I was changed to
but he said the status I am in is it will be build within 30 days could be this week, next week, or in 4 weeks
so I take it I am in D 1
hopefully I will find out more in a few weeks
Gotcha, well I'm hoping so. I recall during one of the chats they told me something like that...I can't remember the exact verbiage but definitely something about they stay in this status for 30days then built. Maybe I'm mixing up memories. Anywho, fingers crossed you get your baby soon. If you don't mind me asking, whats the last 6 on your VIN?

1 - 20 of 1132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.