SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wife has driven the 2011 392 many times.....and enjoyed it

gave her the red key this morning and pushed her out of the way of the passenger seat....she sat in the drivers seat, but was practically kicking and screaming

she got to drive it to church (she was nervous because she was also doing the reading at church).....she kept lurching the car go/stop go/stop.....she couldnt get used to the light touch needed to get it moving or stop....to me its not that different than the 392, but to her i guess it is.....on lookers probably thought she was learning how to drive stick....not knowing it was a Automatic and a scared wife.........finally got up to 50 mph....then had to slow down, and she got all frazzled at how it jerks when it downshifts like a manual....by the end of the ride even my kids told my wife not to drive it again......she's a tough/sturdy woman.....likes to drive big pickups....but i guess 707hp isnt for her............kids didnt have a problem with me driving it and going sideways down my Moms driveway after Easter dinner though....HA!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Let kids try!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,662 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 2022 Widebody Challenger Hellcat
179 Posts
wife has driven the 2011 392 many times.....and enjoyed it

gave her the red key this morning and pushed her out of the way of the passenger seat....she sat in the drivers seat, but was practically kicking and screaming

she got to drive it to church (she was nervous because she was also doing the reading at church).....she kept lurching the car go/stop go/stop.....she couldnt get used to the light touch needed to get it moving or stop....to me its not that different than the 392, but to her i guess it is.....on lookers probably thought she was learning how to drive stick....not knowing it was a Automatic and a scared wife.........finally got up to 50 mph....then had to slow down, and she got all frazzled at how it jerks when it downshifts like a manual....by the end of the ride even my kids told my wife not to drive it again......she's a tough/sturdy woman.....likes to drive big pickups....but i guess 707hp isnt for her............kids didnt have a problem with me driving it and going sideways down my Moms driveway after Easter dinner though....HA!
You should count your blessings. I have to hide the keys from mine.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
Give her an hour with my wife Linda or Tammy and you won't be able to pry the fob from her hand..:eek:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
taught her a manual on my old 94 toyota pickup (like 115hp)....she did fine in a parking lot, but on the road she was a mess......on hills? she just froze when the car started to go backwards

she'd kill my clutch

ive offered her a chance on my gt500, but she isnt interested

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,010 Posts
The wife's been threatening to drive my Lightning. Still yet to do it and I've only had one for 12 years. Kerry wants to learn to drive a stick can I ship her out to you JeKo

Reactions: JeKo

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will let my kids drive my GT500 if they learn stick on someone elses car first.......i damaged my throwout bearing and wore my clutch heavily on my 1990 5.0 when i first learned stick......i bought the car new with i was 19 w/o ever driving a manual....had the dealer show me how and i drove it home (limping the whole way---killing it probably 5-10x)

·
Retired American Fighting Man
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,787 Posts
My wife drives a stick almost as good as I do. Maybe even better after my accident. She has no problem driving my Hellcat. She doesn't like driving automatics.

BKuz

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
All I had to do was tell my wife the 392 had 470hp and the Hellcat has 707hp........She wont go near it.........;) And it also helps that she cant drive a standard transmission.........Oh I forget that is why I ordered it with a standard...........:confused:

Reactions: Snappycat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
249 Posts
i will let my kids drive my GT500 if they learn stick on someone elses car first.......i damaged my throwout bearing and wore my clutch heavily on my 1990 5.0 when i first learned stick......i bought the car new with i was 19 w/o ever driving a manual....had the dealer show me how and i drove it home (limping the whole way---killing it probably 5-10x)
if you teach them how to drive a stick properly it won't be an issue. Don't hold it against your kids that it took you too long to figure it out :p

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
if you teach them how to drive a stick properly it won't be an issue. Don't hold it against your kids that it took you too long to figure it out :p
I find it funny everyone else learned to drive a Standard Transmission in car, what did I do wrong. My first Standard was a 1985 Kenworth Conventional with a 400 Caterpillar backed up by a Fuller Transmission with Split Shift, 2 speed rears and differential lock........And got told if I used the Clutch I did not what I was doing....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
728 Posts
Taught my wife how to drive a manual with my kid's prior car... a Rav4.
Our Challenger R/T with a manual is now her daily driver.

She will obviously want to drive the A8 Hellcat when it comes... and she'll probably tease me daily about swapping cars. ;)

That said... she is very happy to have the R/T so I don't have any real problems with her wanting swap cars. Of Course, I will share it with her, but the intent of the purchase was for the Hellcat to be my daily driver, and she knows that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.