SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Will redeye options come back for 23?

3K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  S8ER01Z 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about options coming back to the redeye models for 2023? 22 models were literally stripped of any option as to I'm guessing force people into buying the jailbreak models. So I mean it's still early but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe someone heard something I didn't.

#4 ·
Removing options like Laguna leather with certain other options on Redeyes thus forcing buyers to spend more on Jailbreaks is one of the most cynical money grabs Dodge has ever perpetrated. Glad I ordered my ‘22 when I did before they started with those shenanigans. Sadly, I don’t imagine they will reverse those limitations. Wishing you luck though.

#6 ·
Yea - I have a stripped out 22RE because I refused to pay any ADM's on Jailbreak. Ordered it before I found this site and the out of state deals.

The car is a real shitbox:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

No stripes or graphics
Crappy ass Alcantara seats
No Friggin hood pins
Plain red calipers
Really missing the floor matt binding
The 10 less horsepower saved me from a speeding ticket....

I should dump it now.

#7 ·
Yeah, that's a terrible looking, sad, stripped-down redeye BigBooty. 😢 :ROFLMAO:

You can still add your own stripes, if anything just for the depression and anxiety treatment aspect of it. I did that. And I had to go for the even more depressing, svelte body because of the very same reasons you cited. It was the only way I could get a red interior with a red exterior. I still cry myself to sleep every night, on a blanket, next to the car, in the garage.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#9 ·
Yeah, that's a terrible looking, sad, stripped-down redeye BigBooty. 😢 :ROFLMAO:

You can still add your own stripes. I did that. And I had to go for the even more depressing svelte body because of the very same reasons you cited. It was the only way I could get a red interior with a red exterior.

View attachment 601637
Did you put matching stripes on the hood? Or is that just the lighting.

Looks awesome!

#8 ·
I had all intentions of putting the stripes on it after I got it as that honestly was the only option I really cared about that could not get. Now that I have it - I don't want stripes anymore. Maybe someday.

#14 ·
Same story here with the stripes. Thought I wanted them as factory options and said I'd get them done after delivery, but I really love the look without stripes for now. Maybe in a few years down the rod to change it up, but looks great as is.

I would've loved to get the Brown laguna interior, but I'm also digging the IndiGo Blue and Blackout thing I have going on as well.

#13 ·
Thanks! I would love to have the exact same car in Plum Crazy but there's no way I can even get close to the deal I got this year. I'd have to still get a good price on a 23 and then wait for it to arrive before selling the 22. No way I'd sell it before a new car arrived. Too many people got hosed doing that, this year. And some of them are they are still waiting on their cars...

#27 ·
#28 · (Edited)
I can't believe this one is still available. New 2022 Dodge Challenger 2-door Mid-Size Passenger Car Octane Red Pearlcoat For Sale in San Angelo TX | Stock # NH164155. Its a standard body since WB REs were unavailable to order. It's absolutely fully loaded and at MSRP when I called a few weeks ago.
Very cool. Last time I checked it with the guy doing the 2022 production numbers, there were only 9 Octane red/red interior sveltbody Redeyes built so far (that was back in July though).

#29 ·
JB for some reason are under powered?
Yes the wave has hit the beach for SRT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.