SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
I looked over the engine,,I can't find where you would put it....if anyone knows, please share....I was also thinking cold air intake.. as it would sit right under the heat vent on the hood

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
796 Posts
I looked over the engine,,I can't find where you would put it....if anyone knows, please share....I was also thinking cold air intake.. as it would sit right under the heat vent on the hood
Custom bracket and put it in front of or on the side if the fuse box on the passenger side or if you go CAI, removing all of that factory plastic will leave some room.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
737 Posts
By the time the first allotment cars are on the street, an enterprising manufacturer will offer a nice kit, with mounting instructions, for about $130 dollars. At least, that is what happen with the 13 Shelby.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
608 Posts
catch can... connects tube from PVC value to intake, catches excess oil vapor... I think I got that right. Had on my RT.
All cars have oil blow by its common some more than others its actually necessary to some degree.
Even though they claim a oil separator is in use on the supercharger in that video that's not good enough.
I'm still putting a catch can in-line on my HC. My 392 has a separator oem built into the manifold and it works like crap.. I have had CC on all SRT8's they typically need to be emptied via how much one drives! Moroso make a nice Catch can with a drain value so you don't have to unscrew the thing check out a few suppliers online. Go with braided hoses as well if possible.
This saves any blow by from misting the intake etc.. dumps it into the can so not not gum up the intake many studies have proven this 150.00 mod to be worthy of its cost. If not just to keep in internals clean.

This is been a topic on many Mopar forums since before Christ and it has been proven to be a good investment is all. Custom Hellcat Catch Cans Hmmmmmmmm, my buddy at Billet tech :)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
All cars have oil blow by its common some more than others its actually necessary to some degree.
Even though they claim a oil separator is in use on the supercharger in that video that's not good enough.
I'm still putting a catch can in-line on my HC. My 392 has a separator oem built into the manifold and it works like crap.. I have had CC on all SRT8's they typically need to be emptied via how much one drives! Moroso make a nice Catch can with a drain value so you don't have to unscrew the thing check out a few suppliers online. Go with braided hoses as well if possible.
This saves any blow by from misting the intake etc.. dumps it into the can so not not gum up the intake many studies have proven this 150.00 mod to be worthy of its cost. If not just to keep in internals clean.

This is been a topic on many Mopar forums since before Christ and it has been proven to be a good investment is all. Custom Hellcat Catch Cans Hmmmmmmmm, my buddy at Billet tech :)
Sounds great but only one problem, if someone brings it in for repairs then the techs see this mod they will say void warranty ;)

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.