SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm on my third Charger (2014, 2016, 2016) and I had the first two tinted. The third/current one had tint when I bought it. So, I had my car detailed and the old tint replaced. I get a call Thursday night (the day I dropped it off) from the shop saying he's having trouble with the back window. Said he tried 10 times and went through a roll of tint (his words exactly) but cannot get it done to his liking. Said because of the rake/length of the glass, his short arms can't reach the bottom to smooth it out correctly. Never heard a thing from the other shops about this problem. He didn't charge me for the side windows he did, and said if I bring the receipt for the rear window job, he'll reimburse me. Lesson learned: don't have a detail shop do your tints.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sounds like a stand up company/shop to me. Nothing wrong with having a detail shop do more if they are capable of doing it.

In this case, it's his lack of experience or physical ability preventing him from completing the job. He noticed that and was open to the problem and resolved it the best anyone could have hoped for. 90% of the places out there would have completed the back, got trash in it and then hoped you didn't notice. If you did then they may had discounted the job but still charged you for the sides.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,875 Posts
Sounds like a stand up company/shop to me. Nothing wrong with having a detail shop do more if they are capable of doing it.

In this case, it's his lack of experience or physical ability preventing him from completing the job. He noticed that and was open to the problem and resolved it the best anyone could have hoped for. 90% of the places out there would have completed the back, got trash in it and then hoped you didn't notice. If you did then they may had discounted the job but still charged you for the sides.
^^ THIS ^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts